Favorite Ice Cream Flavor (s)

lenquixote66

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Are they an English Company

One of its two founders is American (but a long time UK resident). I don't know about whether the company claimed to be from the English part of the UK. It's been owned for some time by an American company, Mondelez (formerly Kraft). According to its Wikipedia entry, the company's main manufacturing sites are in Canada, Poland and Italy. It sells chocolate bars in the States through Walgreens and Whole Foods.

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harters said:

I don't know whether it has English origins but certainly British. But it's been owned for some time by an American company, Mondelez (formerly Kraft). According to its Wikipedia entry, the company's main manufacturing sites are in Canada, Poland and Italy. It sells chocolate bars in the States through Walgreens and Whole Foods.

Thanks🙂we have both Whole Foods and Walgreens.......I wonder if Whole Foods has their ice cream.

Number one in Northern Ireland - Poor Bears Delight, made by Mauds Ice Cream https://www.mauds.com/

Mauds are a small family-owned business, and they launched their brand with Poor Bear Delight, which is a creamy vanilla ice cream laced with honeycomb.

Only, when they launched it was called Pooh Bear.

Pooh Bear was the creation of the author AA Milne (Winnie the Pooh books etc) and is now owned by Disney who threatened to sue Mauds if they didn't change the name.

Hence the name change. Ironically most customers don't know the name has changed, even though all the branding has. Customers still order Pooh Bear despite the threats of Disney. 

• Like 1

I especially love reading responses from people outside the US.  Always interesting, and I can have a moment of feeling that I'm discovering something new, almost like being somewhere far far away, and seeing an unknown product on the shelf.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I especially love reading responses from people outside the US.  Always interesting, and I can have a moment of feeling that I'm discovering something new, almost like being somewhere far far away, and seeing an unknown product on the shelf.

I found having Ice Cream in a restaurant we like in Halifax to be more creamy and flavorful. Didn't catch the brand name. But definitely different.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:24 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

I found having Ice Cream in a restaurant we like in Halifax to be more creamy and flavorful. Didn't catch the brand name. But definitely different.

Nothing like farm fresh ice cream. We have several farm stands in our area and more in Western Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.  All of them are unfailingly good.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Nothing like farm fresh ice cream. We have several farm stands in our area and more in Western Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.  All of them are unfailingly good.  

This is one of the restaurants we always go to and will next month on our sailing. Have to see the name when we are at the meal.

1 hour ago, ExpatBride said:

Cinnamon or coconut

WOW that is one that I forgot.

Cinnamon is one made right great with Traditional Apple Pie.

Coco.......also needs to be made right not with flavoring but with the milk and grated fresh coconut and base. Great!

39 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Coco.......also needs to be made right not with flavoring but with the milk and grated fresh coconut and base. Great!

Yes! It can't be coconut extract. I use creamed coconut, which still has some flakes in it – along with cream, milk, sugar, and eggs. Absolutely delicious!!! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

WOW that is one that I forgot.

Cinnamon is one made right great with Traditional Apple Pie.

My wife and I had apple pie and vanilla ice cream at Jahn’s on 86 St.on our first date in 1965.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I had apple pie and vanilla ice cream at Jahn’s on 86 St.on our first date in 1965.

When I was a kid we used to vacation on Cape Cod.  There was a clam shack that had great fried seafood and homemade ice cream.  One of my favorites was apple pie ice cream.  It tasted just like apple pie and vanilla ice cream.  

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I know that there are some excellent ice cream parlors in your part of the US .My cousins who live in Cambridge love their ice cream.

The best was Steve’s Ice Cream.  They made it in the window with old fashioned ice cream churners.  There used to be lines a block long.  

4 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

The best was Steve’s Ice Cream.  They made it in the window with old fashioned ice cream churners.  There used to be lines a block long.  

We have some really great ice cream parlors in my part of NY but they tend to be quite costly like $7.50 for a scoop.

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have some really great ice cream parlors in my part of NY but they tend to be quite costly like $7.50 for a scoop.

And we’ll worth it for homemade hand crafted high quality ice cream.  High butterfat content cream is expensive as are high quality ingredients.  

Good morning, I forgot about another brand of ice cream I really LOVE......it is called Van Leeuwen and they have some different flavors. 

One is called "Earl Grey Tea"......and yes, it has a tea flavor to it. It is delicious🙂 and I recently tried one called Lemon Poppy Seed......YUMMY!

I think they only make it in pints but if you can find it in one of your local grocery stores, give it a try!

6 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

And we’ll worth it for homemade hand crafted high quality ice cream.  High butterfat content cream is expensive as are high quality ingredients.  

It is an area that attracts tourists in the summer months and food prices tend to increase.

• 2 weeks later...