Washcloths on Seascape?

I read on a FB page that there were no washcloths on Sescape.  Please tell me thats an untrue rumor.  I understand they are not a European thing, but our cruise is going out of Miami...

thx

On our Spring Break cruise, we did not have to ask.  Always had them. 🙂  I don’t know if it makes a difference, but we had 2 Fantastica Balconies.  It would be interesting to see if the booking experience makes a difference… 

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

I read on a FB page that there were no washcloths on Sescape.  Please tell me thats an untrue rumor.  I understand they are not a European thing, but our cruise is going out of Miami...

thx

I did Bella on seascape and there were no washcloths. I spoke with my room attendant and he confirmed no washcloths, as soon as he went into clean the next room I grabbed two off his cart and from then on they were always replaced in my cabin.

• Like 1

Hello,

This has been discussed here before.

We Europeans do not recognise the term 'wash cloths'. I think we are talking about 'face cloths' or 'flannels' - a piece of towelling no more than about 9 inches square.

Whilst you may be discussing a cruise out of the US, I daresay the terminology used in training the cabin stewards was general and not location specific.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

This has been discussed here before.

We Europeans do not recognise the term 'wash cloths'. I think we are talking about 'face cloths' or 'flannels' - a piece of towelling no more than about 9 inches square.

Whilst you may be discussing a cruise out of the US, I daresay the terminology used in training the cabin stewards was general and not location specific.

Regards,

Cublet

Whatever you call it the fact was he said my level Bella does not get them, so it's not terminology., It's price point

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Whatever you call it the fact was he said my level Bella does not get them, so it's not terminology., It's price point

Hello,

But are you 100% sure he knew what you were talking about?

FWIW, my Fantastica cabin didn't have them but I didn't ask for them either.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

But are you 100% sure he knew what you were talking about?

FWIW, my Fantastica cabin didn't have them but I didn't ask for them either.

Regards,

Cublet

Yes he knew. I asked him directly and he answered unhesitatingly 

On Seaside 5/14 thru 5/21 they did not provide the Facecloths/Flannels or washcloths (US be known as) on boarding day but we ASKED our cabin attendant for them and received them just about everyday and if we did not see them just asked him again.  On our last December on Meraviglia they provided us some everyday WITHOUT asking.

We don't believe it is Bella or Fantastica just the cabin attendant way. 

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, bones774 said:

I did Bella on seascape and there were no washcloths. I spoke with my room attendant and he confirmed no washcloths, as soon as he went into clean the next room I grabbed two off his cart and from then on they were always replaced in my cabin.

Interesting they just outright tell you they have none when they are on their cart...  Ill give them the benefit the doubt that there was a language barrier per the discussion above, but i guarantee you that if they are sailing out of a US port, they are getting asked for them weekly they they may want to google 'washcloth'...

Anyway, instead of bringing out own washcloths, we are just going to bring a pair of scissors.  Problem solved...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Interesting they just outright tell you they have none when they are on their cart...  Ill give them the benefit the doubt that there was a language barrier per the discussion above, but i guarantee you that if they are sailing out of a US port, they are getting asked for them weekly they they may want to google 'washcloth'...

Anyway, instead of bringing out own washcloths, we are just going to bring a pair of scissors.  Problem solved...

He didn't say he had none, he said Bella does not get them. There was no language barrier, he completely understood.

No need for scissors just grab them from the cart, easy.

Edited by bones774

2 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

I have been Bella and received them. Not the experience type. Maybe the Stewards were having a contest on how few to hand out? 🤣

Bret

Bottom line is it's MSC, you take the good with the bad. It's who they are.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 3:09 PM, 20165 said:

I read on a FB page that there were no washcloths on Seascape.  Please tell me thats an untrue rumor.  I understand they are not a European thing, but our cruise is going out of Miami...

thx

It's an untrue rumor, at least in the Yacht Club. As are rumors of no everything else.

IMG_2225.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:53 AM, bones774 said:

He didn't say he had none, he said Bella does not get them. There was no language barrier, he completely understood.

No need for scissors just grab them from the cart, easy.

I have always  booked Bella on MSC and have always been able to request and receive wash cloths (also a box of tissues).

There may have been a language problem  - try asking for jelly at breakfast and see the confused expressions. Hint: ask for jam even if it is jelly that you want.

The fall back "English" is British English and it helps to  know a few basic terms in that version (jam for jelly, lift for elevator, etc).

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

Booked Fantastica Balcony, no wash cloths.... And no tissues.  Never been in a cabin without facial tissue

When we got to the Owner's Suite there were no wash cloths. Asked the steward and he said they are still being washed. When we returned after our first dinner he had about 10 folded on the shelf.

On 5/22/2023 at 6:47 AM, 20165 said:

Be careful and don't run with those scissors.   It's funny until someone gets hurt,  then it's hilarious 😂