Plus & Premier Packages on B2B cruises on Princess - are the perc's doubled?

Boiler Cruiser

My TA was told by her Princess Rep that when a passenger books a B2B, such as a 14 day B2B, rather than 2 separate 7-day cruises B2B, the Premier Package only allows for 2 specialty meals, and that the amount of other perc's is also only 1 leg's worth. 

The Princess Rep said that only if there are 2 consecutive bookings (in this case 2 consecutive 7 day bookings) would the perc's "double".  Is that right?

I thought that if you booked a B2B as a 14 day cruise (rather than the 7 day legs separately) you would get 4 specialty dinners, etc.

I have read on these boards that guests who have booked B2B on Princess have gotten 4 specialty dinners, and other perc's have doubled as well.  Did these guests book their B2B as one cruise (ie one 14 day cruise) or two consecutive 7 day cruises?

What has been your experience?  How did you book your B2B cruise and what Plus or Premium perc's did you get as a result?

Thanks.

Edited by Boiler Cruiser

No the perks are by cruise purchased.  If you purchase it as 1 cruise you get one cruise worth of perks. We often book 21 day cruises and you get one cruise worth. Another reason we book Plus not Premier. If we occasionally want a wine over $15 we just pay the difference  If you book it as 2 7 day cruises then yes you would get 2 dinners per leg

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I thought that if you booked a B2B as a 14 day cruise (rather than the 7 day legs separately) you would get 4 specialty dinners, etc.

If you book it as a 14 day cruise it is not considered a B2B voyage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, memoak said:

No the perks are by cruise purchased.  If you purchase it as 1 cruise you get one cruise worth of perks. We often book 21 day cruises and you get one cruise worth. Another reason we book Plus not Premier. If we occasionally want a wine over $15 we just pay the difference  If you book it as 2 7 day cruises then yes you would get 2 dinners per leg

So with a 21 day B2B cruise, to use your example, we would get 2 specialty dinners and 1 photo package. The drink package (Plus or Premium) and Wifi package would continue for the entire cruise. as would the premium desserts, juice bar and fitness classes.  Is that right?

38 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

So with a 21 day B2B cruise, to use your example, we would get 2 specialty dinners and 1 photo package. The drink package (Plus or Premium) and Wifi package would continue for the entire cruise. as would the premium desserts, juice bar and fitness classes.  Is that right?

It is based on how you book it. If you book it as one 21 day cruise, then yes; it you have separate booking numbers, you get additional dinners, etc. 

1 hour ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

Why not book as separate voyages?  Normally there isn't much of a price difference and you will get the extras.  Often you are going to get extra OBC and such.  About the only one you might lose on (depending on the smaller voyage lengths) is the shareholder benefit, but that may be overcome by other benefits.  

Although you have read the rules/policy for the cruise fare packages, Princess does treat that single voyage as multiple bookings for purposes of earning loyalty cruises in earning points for Elite qualification and, if already Elite, you get Elite perks for separate voyages regardless (i.e, free minibars).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

3 hours ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

If you book as one cruise it is not a back 2 back

I often book B2Bs and sometimes B2B2Bs if I can get the same cabin.  The perks have always been per booking number.  With a B2B2B  that I did in January, I had three different booking numbers and the shipboard account was closed out after each cruise.  

As posted perks are per booking number. Cruise credits are per voyage. Two 7 day cruises booked as a single booking number will get you one set of perks and two cruise credits, one for each 7 day voyage. If you are elite you will also receive a mini bar for each voyage no matter how booked. If you receive Carnival Corp Shareholder's Benefit then you will receive $100 obc for each 7 day booking number, but if booked as a single 14 day cruise you will receive $250.

We always booked as individual cruises which provides additional flexibility with very little difference in pricing. 

This seems a bit odd as if one takes a look at my Onboard Services page for our 21-day trip on the Sun Princess in June of 2024, there's a list of services already selected. Note this trip is bookable as a B2B2B while we've booked it as a single booking. I'll use the Specialty Dining example:

image.png.bd7105acc05831566f79ee24d2ba8b59.png

It's clear that under Item Type, it's for two nights. But ... if you look at the Price, $176.40 that would be $88.20 per dinner, kind of outrageous if you ask me. However if you figure this is for two specialty dinners per leg, it comes to $29.40 per dinner which is right in line as to what a specialty dinner costs these days (yes, I know some are more now).

IHMO, this is an indication that yes, you could expect to receive two dinners per leg rather than two for the whole booking. After all, Elite Mini-Bars are provided at each leg rather than on a per booking basis!

Of course all this is speculation. Really need someone who has experienced this first hand to chime in here.

5 hours ago, skynight said:

As posted perks are per booking number. Cruise credits are per voyage. Two 7 day cruises booked as a single booking number will get you one set of perks and two cruise credits, one for each 7 day voyage. If you are elite you will also receive a mini bar for each voyage no matter how booked. If you receive Carnival Corp Shareholder's Benefit then you will receive $100 obc for each 7 day booking number, but if booked as a single 14 day cruise you will receive $250.

We always booked as individual cruises which provides additional flexibility with very little difference in pricing. 

So booking two 7 day voyages B2B gets you a total of $200 OBC but if you book as a single 14 day voyage you get $250 OBC. Seems it's better to book the single longer voyage.

Also by this reasoning, Elite passenger cabins would only receive one mini-bar setup if booked as a single 14-day voyage and many of know this not to be the case.

3 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

So booking two 7 day voyages B2B gets you a total of $200 OBC but if you book as a single 14 day voyage you get $250 OBC. Seems it's better to book the single longer voyage.

Also by this reasoning, Elite passenger cabins would only receive one mini-bar setup if booked as a single 14-day voyage and many of know this not to be the case.

As I say all the time - Princess is consistently inconsistent. 

I have always booked us separately when doing B2B's and not the combined virtual voyage.  If doing so results in a loss of Shareholder $50, it is made up elsewhere.  Note that if doing three cruises also sold as one 21-night virtual, you would now get $300 SH OBC versus the $250.

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

The OBC mentioned is shareholder obc. That is the way their award is structured. Has nothing to do with Princess' elite loyalty awards where you receive a mini bar for each individual voyage and not by boking number.