LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

We'll be following along as well! I would love to do a cruise to the Greek Islands, but Patti for some reason, not so much. She's more about England, Holland, Norway, and the Baltic. Looking forward to all your pics! 😀

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blarko said:

Geez…I’m going to have to use my vacation time from work to keep up with all these live reviews. Not complaining though! Have the best time!!! 

PS….at least this one hasn’t been kept a deep dark secret IYKYK 🙃

Right! I’m not a secret keeper. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

I have a work day today, but I’m all ready getting emails and messages about the trip this morning. There’s a group of us going on this cruise, and they’ve started a WhatsApp. We have a few extra events on the schedule for this sailing including an extra cocktail party, a brunch seminar, a TBD excursion, and a ship tour. 
On the 3rd, I’m hoping to meet up with @pebbles1102 for an afternoon cocktail and then we have a rooftop dinner flights willing, of course. 

C653A5A2-F46A-4437-9BC1-8EB87221B784.jpeg

• Like 17

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh, I’ll definitely be sober to hike. I’ve seen a lot of slick rock, step, street warnings. 

0C38390D-8A04-4394-8B2B-C59D63B5AFC1.jpeg

Great itinerary! I lived on Crete for a year but only made it to Athens (Crete is a big island! I went all over). One of their signature dishes is Dakos (Greek Bruschetta) but you will likely see it on menus at least in Athens. Loved them! Greek cruise is definitely on my bucket list!!

• Like 4

Just now, HxFx said:

Great itinerary! I lived on Crete for a year but only made it to Athens (Crete is a big island! I went all over). One of their signature dishes is Dakos (Greek Bruschetta) but you will likely see it on menus at least in Athens. Loved them! Greek cruise is definitely on my bucket list!!

Marking it down to find and try. Thanks! 

• Like 3

Port planning-

After flights were booked, I did a deep dive into “things not to miss”. We aren’t huge Greek mythology people so Athens will most likely be our only “pile of rocks” interest. Beyond that, Santorini is really the highlight for me. DH, of course, wants to snorkel whenever and however. 
Santorini- The main issue here is getting to the top. Without an excursion, you can hike the stairs, wait in line for a cable car or ride a donkey. VV’s shore things had an excursion I liked that took you by boat to Oia and a couple of other stops for $35 pp. Then, magically, one day in the middle of April, it went up to $75 pp. I read, on the ports of call Greece page here on CC, that there was a boat company that would do the same thing for 30 euros pp, so I reserved the earliest tender time, 9am, on the app when they were posted, and the plan is to use that company to forego the Fira steps/cable car line, and get to Oia to explore on our own time. That’s most definitely going to be the longest port day because I want to try to catch the sunset from the port area before catching a tender back. 
Rhodes- plan is to explore the old town and maybe go to a beach. 
Bodrum- I’ve booked a Pirate ship excursion, outside of VV. It has 4 swim/snorkel spots and included lunch and drinks. I’d like to ride a camel at Camel Beach. After the excursion, hopefully head to the bazaar and shop. 
Mykonos- head to a beach club early before it gets too rowdy. I booked our tender time on the app for 10am. Clean up and go to dinner in Little Italy and explore. Probably enjoy some nightlife. 
All that really hinges on the TBD included excursion that we will learn more about Friday. 

• Like 16

I've been waiting patiently to add you to the list of awesome trip reports I'm currently following. My next cruise is June 10th, on the Horizon.  I'm really not sure when I'll have time to pack! 😁

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I extensively watched flights for several weeks, even though we were all ready behind. At first, it looked like we were going to go with Air Canada… the Spirit Airlines of the north, but then British Airways came out of nowhere with the perfect itinerary to fit our needs. 

Now you are making me nervous. We are flying Air Canada but it is direct from Toronto to Athens, so I hope all goes well. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pcvtmom said:

I've been waiting patiently to add you to the list of awesome trip reports I'm currently following. My next cruise is June 10th, on the Horizon.  I'm really not sure when I'll have time to pack! 😁

Thanks for coming along. I’m sure you can pencil it in somewhere. 😆 That’s coming up quick. Hope we can all entertain you enough that it goes by quickly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pebbles1102 said:

Now you are making me nervous. We are flying Air Canada but it is direct from Toronto to Athens, so I hope all goes well. 

I think a direct flight would be fine. We fly Spirit nonstop occasionally. Plane changed just give too much room for error. And I need all my costume changes. 😆

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We'll be following along as well! I would love to do a cruise to the Greek Islands, but Patti for some reason, not so much. She's more about England, Holland, Norway, and the Baltic. Looking forward to all your pics! 😀

I say do both! Lots of shopping and Husband daycares on the Aegean. 😉 Thanks for following along. 

• Haha 2

Some thing bought specifically for this cruise. Also, had to add some kind of air tags DH grabbed after I hounded him relentlessly reading about @TxTeach79 and B’s Barcelona bag issues. They may not make the ship… but we will know where they are. 

Anti-theft crossbody because the beginning of Europe season always has horror stories of pickpockets. 
80’s things for the new Club Rubix event. 
Euro adapter for all the charging things. 

963DD523-2C1B-4FA6-A133-7574C29F4B72.jpeg

725E687E-B801-4F1A-AD66-402E64C56B09.jpeg

D7160342-FCF5-455C-95E3-DD0613CABE32.jpeg

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Oh how can you be on page 2 already??

I’ve been waiting for this one. 
This is a dream itinerary for me.

Safe travels!

I’m not quite sure, but page 2 is making me thirsty. Waiting on 5 o’clock. 🥂 Thanks so much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Some thing bought specifically for this cruise. Also, had to add some kind of air tags DH grabbed after I hounded him relentlessly reading about @TxTeach79 and B’s Barcelona bag issues. They may not make the ship… but we will know where they are. 

Anti-theft crossbody because the beginning of Europe season always has horror stories of pickpockets. 
80’s things for the new Club Rubix event. 
Euro adapter for all the charging things. 

963DD523-2C1B-4FA6-A133-7574C29F4B72.jpeg

725E687E-B801-4F1A-AD66-402E64C56B09.jpeg

D7160342-FCF5-455C-95E3-DD0613CABE32.jpeg

The club rubix event was AWESOME!! It was last night, and so much more fun than the disco night in the other ships (although I am a child of the 80s so may be a little biased lol)

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

The club rubix event was AWESOME!! It was last night, and so much more fun than the disco night in the other ships (although I am a child of the 80s so may be a little biased lol)

Can’t wait. Are you staying onboard and sailing with me?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Port planning-

After flights were booked, I did a deep dive into “things not to miss”. We aren’t huge Greek mythology people so Athens will most likely be our only “pile of rocks” interest. Beyond that, Santorini is really the highlight for me. DH, of course, wants to snorkel whenever and however. 
Santorini- The main issue here is getting to the top. Without an excursion, you can hike the stairs, wait in line for a cable car or ride a donkey. VV’s shore things had an excursion I liked that took you by boat to Oia and a couple of other stops for $35 pp. Then, magically, one day in the middle of April, it went up to $75 pp. I read, on the ports of call Greece page here on CC, that there was a boat company that would do the same thing for 30 euros pp, so I reserved the earliest tender time, 9am, on the app when they were posted, and the plan is to use that company to forego the Fira steps/cable car line, and get to Oia to explore on our own time. That’s most definitely going to be the longest port day because I want to try to catch the sunset from the port area before catching a tender back. 
Rhodes- plan is to explore the old town and maybe go to a beach. 
Bodrum- I’ve booked a Pirate ship excursion, outside of VV. It has 4 swim/snorkel spots and included lunch and drinks. I’d like to ride a camel at Camel Beach. After the excursion, hopefully head to the bazaar and shop. 
Mykonos- head to a beach club early before it gets too rowdy. I booked our tender time on the app for 10am. Clean up and go to dinner in Little Italy and explore. Probably enjoy some nightlife. 
All that really hinges on the TBD included excursion that we will learn more about Friday. 

Thanks for doing a LIVE - DH and I are doing a Greek Island cruise next October so I am excited to follow along! Safe travels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Can’t wait. Are you staying onboard and sailing with me?! 

Lol I wish!!! This is one of the coolest voyages I’ve been on! The only thing that’s kind of a bummer is that you don’t spend a ton of time on the ship, which is the main draw in the Caribbean 😢 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Darn- doesn't matter what I do I'm never on your Live before the 2nd page! But I'm still here early so I'm good.

Really excited for this review...

It’s all good. Haven’t even checked in for flights yet. That’s tomorrow. Thanks for being here. 

• Like 3