Check your balance! - promos dropped

time-to-sail

I signed in to book some specialty dining, for my June cruise, and was shocked to see PAY BALANCE $9,832.00

BUT I paid my cruise, in full, in March and my balance was zero yesterday.

I immediately called Celebrity (2hrs 28min wait) and the new balance was confirmed.

I insisted they investigate.

It was discovered that the promotional codes used in the original booking had been "incorrectly deleted from the system" .

This resulted in my cruise being repriced at the current rate without any promotion codes.

All was rectified and balance restored to $0.00.  So all good.

The agent did tell me I was the 3rd person she had spoken to today regarding this problem.

What might have happened, had I not checked my account?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad you got it resolved. One of the reasons we book with a TA,  I can't see my financials on line and if they get messed up it is the TA not me who spends time on the phone resolving the issue.

• Like 7

This just happened to me! I am so relieved to see this post. I knew something was off, but the invoices are a bit hard to read. Fortunately, I noticed the promo was missing. Calling back for a third time...

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Glad you got it resolved. One of the reasons we book with a TA,  I can't see my financials on line and if they get messed up it is the TA not me who spends time on the phone resolving the issue.

Exactly, I don't even hear about it until later on if I ask if anything funny happened with my reservations, long relationship with both my TA's use to work with them long time ago in the Hospitality industry.  This happens more than one knows, and its just not Celebrity others are much worse

AGREED Poor IT design and implementation

Probably new promotions added and some old ones mistakenly deleted.

My cruise was locked down yesterday, i.e. disappeared from system. I suspect a MoveUp assessment.

When it came back on-line there was a decreased number of suites and aqua and increased number of balcony.

I have a MoveUp offer in play and it is possible my reservation was reviewed/priced but the promotions were no longer in the system hence a balance of $9832.00 (= my promo discounts) appeared.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Where am I able to view my balance? I don't see any of that information when I log in to my account. I booked through a travel agent. Are they only able to see the balance? It was paid in full. 

You need to speak with your TA, they will be the only one Celebrity will talk to check to be sure your account is correct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Poor IT design and implementation

I wonder (without evidence, just a hint of a hunch) if it might be related to all the probelms going on with the Azamara website since separating from RCG. 

Long story short: extracting Azamara data from RCG has resulted in a huge cluster of clusterbleeps. Completely messed up balances is only one of many many problems that have caused much consternation among those booked on Azamara.

Could it be possible that there was some sort of attempt at reintegration in order to try to get a clean extraction on a new attempt? Or could it just be another example of the continuing saga of poor IT that has long plagued the cruise industry, especially (it seems) companies under the RCG umbrella?

We booked with a large online travel agency for first time.

I would like to get a copy of the actual Celebrity booking as well as the travel agent's booking document.

I emailed travel agent but no response yet.

Is there a problem for travel agent to give me the actual Celebrity booking confirmation?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

We booked with a large online travel agency for first time.

I would like to get a copy of the actual Celebrity booking as well as the travel agent's booking document.

I emailed travel agent but no response yet.

Is there a problem for travel agent to give me the actual Celebrity booking confirmation?

Thanks.

No they should provide on request.

16 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

You need to speak with your TA, they will be the only one Celebrity will talk to check to be sure your account is correct. 

There is no need to call your TA.   If something is wrong at final payment time they will straighten it out.  You should have an invoice from your TA, that's what you owe.  It will be up to them to resolve if your balance to them doesn't match Celebrity.