Vista May 20th Cruise Very Short Review

cruisingxpert

15 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Any idea if refusal of loungers on extended balcony cabins is temporary or permanent?  We have 2 Vista cruises booked and moved from B3 to A2 for extended verandah. Additional cost $1,300 and $700.  If no loungers, wondering if it’s worth booking A2. We have no interest in Concierge amenities. Upgraded to A2 strictly for loungers. 
Welcome all opinions!  Thanks!

Have your TA contact Oceania. It seems those in PH and above got loungers for their extended balconies. 

17 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Any idea if refusal of loungers on extended balcony cabins is temporary or permanent?  We have 2 Vista cruises booked and moved from B3 to A2 for extended verandah. Additional cost $1,300 and $700.  If no loungers, wondering if it’s worth booking A2. We have no interest in Concierge amenities. Upgraded to A2 strictly for loungers. 

I asked someone who is on Vista right now.  She said the Head Housekeeper told her they didn't have any extra loungers.  I would contact your ta to get a confirmation that you will be able to get a lounger on your balcony.

21 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I asked someone who is on Vista right now.  She said the Head Housekeeper told her they didn't have any extra loungers.  I would contact your ta to get a confirmation that you will be able to get a lounger on your balcony.

It was not the Head Housekeeper but a senior member of her staff.  She said that Oceania will try to accommodate all requests, and generally manage to do so.  At the moment they don't have additional furniture so are unable to provide these on request.

She suggested the correct route would be to ask the Concierge whilst on board.

My suggestion is that your TA formally request a lounger well in advance in the same manner that you request different soft drinks etc.

Good luck - they are great!

(hi Catherine! - last day today 🥲)

9 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Sounded like a strict "No". Every Concierge Level cabin gets the same furniture.

steamboats 

32 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Sounded like a strict "No". Every Concierge Level cabin gets the same furniture.

steamboats 

So what was the purpose of moving all extended verandah cabins from B3 to A3-2-1 if no loungers other than price increase & concierge?  
Will contact our TA but doesn’t look good. Hopefully they’ll order more loungers or will go back to a B cabin. 
Also, do A4 cabins on Vista all have bathtubs as on Riviera?

On 6/6/2023 at 8:55 AM, mauibabes said:

As for Oceania, Starlink debuted on Vista and will be rolled out over the rest of the year on the other ships suggest you contact your TA for any specifics but I have not seen a schedule published yet. Consider it the “old” Wi-Fi and be happy if your cruise and ship have been upgraded to Starlink. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes. 

News flash:  Legacy (GEO), O3b (MEO), and StarLink (LEO) can all provide un-glitching video streaming bandwidth to ships at sea.  The catch is how much bandwidth can be bought for a price ships and passengers are willing to pay.

When O3b came online, it's costs were 1/10 of GEO satellites and that's when we began to see "at home" bandwidth at sea within its footprint (south of Seattle/Southampton, north of Falklands).  Since then, COVID debts have had the cruise lines buying less bandwidth than they used to.

So the real questions are: 1) How does StarLink's prices compare to O3b's, and 2) how much bandwidth is Oceania actually buying?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, DanOnboard said:

So, Ember is a fast-serve restaurant for Americans because we just bite-and-swallow then leave, and yet they expect us Yanks to take even more time to get there and overexert ourselves walking to the forward elevator and back, both ways?   Outrageous!     😄 

😄    😋

See pic for what your script font looks like on an iPhone. Perhaps you could choose a more readable font(?).

50831D06-9192-49EE-941F-0AD06B1411E7.png

19 hours ago, Jayne E said:

So what was the purpose of moving all extended verandah cabins from B3 to A3-2-1 if no loungers other than price increase & concierge?  

There are still Concierge Level cabins with a regular, not extended veranda... You have to ask Oceania why they did this or why they don´t offer any loungers. I can only repeat what was said onboard.

steamboats

19 hours ago, grifdoglover said:

If Embers is supposed to be for fast meals why on earth would they have wine pairing lunches?

This is a completely different menu and the restaurant is just used for those lunches.

steamboats

On 6/11/2023 at 9:58 AM, grifdoglover said:

If Embers is supposed to be for fast meals why on earth would they have wine pairing lunches?

I do not thein Ember is open for lunch

They may have to sign up/pay for the wine tastings

JMO

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I do not thein Ember is open for lunch

They may have to sign up/pay for the wine tastings

JMO

Exactly, you have to sign up for the wine pairing lunches and they are 99 and 169 USD.

steamboats 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2