When to book TK and shorex

kjbacon

How far in advance of a cruise can TK and shorex be booked? My travel agent contacted seabourn and she tells me they said there’s no precise time. I’m thinking that can’t be right. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

How far in advance of a cruise can TK and shorex be booked? My travel agent contacted seabourn and she tells me they said there’s no precise time. I’m thinking that can’t be right. Thanks in advance.

I booked TK last September, the day after booking my cruise on the Encore, which I went on last month.

I book TK and excursions as soon as I book the cruise and I know what I want to do.  You can always change or cancel. Some will be sold out months before the cruise.  But be warned - new excursions are frequently added so feel free to check back

I didn’t explain well, I’m ready to book now and have been … the cruise is less than 10 months away and neither is available for booking. That’s why I had asked my travel agent to find out but she couldn’t get an answer from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

I didn’t explain well, I’m ready to book now and have been … the cruise is less than 10 months away and neither is available for booking. That’s why I had asked my travel agent to find out but she couldn’t get an answer from them.

If they are not available for you, they are not available for anyone else either.  Try again in a few months.  Eventually, the excursions WILL be available.  Meanwhile, you can research doing excursions on your own--or hiring a guide.  Then, by the time, the excursions are listed, you can decide which route you want to take.  

3 hours ago, kjbacon said:

I’m booked, booked several months ago, on a cruise I next July and TK and shorex aren’t available to book yet.  I just keep checking.

Nancy

21 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

I am on B2B cruises in April 2024 and have booked shore excursions but cannot book TKG.

This is too confusing for me. I’m on back to backs in March ‘24 into April ‘24 and can’t book a darn thing. How does this work?!?!

This is too confusing for me. I’m on back to backs in March ‘24 into April ‘24 and can’t book a darn thing. How does this work?!?!

I remember how unhappy you were on your first Seabourn cruise.  And now, it seems to me that you are beginning to borrow some trouble.  They may not have all of their excursions arranged yet.  I think it's best to just be patient and relax.  The excursions  WILL be offered in good time.  I don't see anything confusing about that.  They will post them when they are arranged.  We've never failed to be able to take an excursion that we wanted to take.  You WILL be able to dine at the TK Grill.  

• Like 4

I booked a two week August 2023 cruise in March 2022. I booked 2 x TK and also several shore excursions as soon as I had an official booking reference? No problems whatsoever ... even so far in advance.

Now I understand. There is no policy on Seabourn for when the shorex booking window opens or when the specialty dining booking window opens. It’s no wonder that my travel agent got nowhere fast! And the patterns show that there is no pattern so I’ll just keep spot checking till it’s handy for SB to get around to it.

Now I understand. There is no policy on Seabourn for when the shorex booking window opens or when the specialty dining booking window opens. It’s no wonder that my travel agent got nowhere fast! And the patterns show that there is no pattern so I’ll just keep spot checking till it’s handy for SB to get around to it.

This comment seems to indicate you are looking for trouble to justify your dislike of Seabourn. We do know you are only taking this cruise because you have a large FCC. I know Regent allows excursion bookings for Penthouse/Concierge almost a year in advance but even then I have read of complaints on the Regent board that the choice for some places isn't that good that early due to lack of tour supplies. Thankfully it improves closer to the cruise. Maybe Seabourn is just waiting to check they have tours locked in.

Full disclosure I had a Regent cruise booked for 2023 which I have changed to 2024 because this year is heavily booked. So I am monitoring the Regent board.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kjbacon said:

I think you're right - there is no policy (or pattern). They will publish when they have confirmation from their shore excursion suppliers.

I commend you for spot checking, as I am doing for my TKG reservation for next April. It IS 10 months away, more important things to think about right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

This comment seems to indicate you are looking for trouble to justify your dislike of Seabourn. We do know you are only taking this cruise because you have a large FCC. I know Regent allows excursion bookings for Penthouse/Concierge almost a year in advance but even then I have read of complaints on the Regent board that the choice for some places isn't that good that early due to lack of tour supplies. Thankfully it improves closer to the cruise. Maybe Seabourn is just waiting to check they have tours locked in.

Full disclosure I had a Regent cruise booked for 2023 which I have changed to 2024 because this year is heavily booked. So I am monitoring the Regent board.

If you find the factual accounting of Seabourn’s policy to be “looking for trouble”, it’s the policy that is the problem. Or lack there of …

Is seabourn also waiting to check that they have TK Grill locked in?

One cruiser makes their shorex and TK reservations one and one half years ahead and another cruiser is unable to make either reservation nine months ahead? 

Full disclosure that you have a Regent booking? That made me laugh. You made it sound like you’ve committed a crime lol!! All of the dates you will need for booking your shorex and specialty dining (and anything else you may need) will be clear and easy to understand on your Regent account.

13 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

If you find the factual accounting of Seabourn’s policy to be “looking for trouble”, it’s the policy that is the problem. Or lack there of …

Is seabourn also waiting to check that they have TK Grill locked in?

One cruiser makes their shorex and TK reservations one and one half years ahead and another cruiser is unable to make either reservation nine months ahead? 

Full disclosure that you have a Regent booking? That made me laugh. You made it sound like you’ve committed a crime lol!! All of the dates you will need for booking your shorex and specialty dining (and anything else you may need) will be clear and easy to understand on your Regent account.

KJbacon, With all due respect, you seem to be someone who is never satisfied or someone who expects perfection.   While I am not a Seabourn booster who will not report things that are amiss, I do realize that some things take time--sometimes based on the infrastructure and facilities of certain port cities/towns.  You tend to come across as very combative and uhappy with Seabourn once again--and this time from the getgo.  Fair enough, but you might want to soften your commentary if you want people to take you seriously.  Personally, it would not bother me one bit if the availability of shore excursions was delayed.  Obviously, Seabourn is not your cruise line and this will be your last cruise with Seabourn.  My advice, for what its worth, would be to go with an open mind and just enjoy your vacation. That is what we always try to do.  No cruise is like another.  Something always goes wrong no matter what.  Just have fun.  Yes, the cruises are expensive.  Obviously, we all know that.  And, we all have our own reasons for booking the cruise lines that we book.  Just so we all know ahead of time--which B2B cruises are you  on next March/April? I think I remember you saying it will be on Ovation? Is that correct? 

Edited by SLSD

55 minutes ago, SLSD said:

KJbacon, With all due respect, you seem to be someone who is never satisfied or someone who expects perfection.   While I am not a Seabourn booster who will not report things that are amiss, I do realize that some things take time--sometimes based on the infrastructure and facilities of certain port cities/towns.  You tend to come across as very combative and uhappy with Seabourn once again--and this time from the getgo.  Fair enough, but you might want to soften your commentary if you want people to take you seriously.  Personally, it would not bother me one bit if the availability of shore excursions was delayed.  Obviously, Seabourn is not your cruise line and this will be your last cruise with Seabourn.  My advice, for what its worth, would be to go with an open mind and just enjoy your vacation. That is what we always try to do.  No cruise is like another.  Something always goes wrong no matter what.  Just have fun.  Yes, the cruises are expensive.  Obviously, we all know that.  And, we all have our own reasons for booking the cruise lines that we book.  Just so we all know ahead of time--which B2B cruises are you  on next March/April? I think I remember you saying it will be on Ovation? Is that correct? 

You raise a good point about my plans. I should have been at least a little vague about my upcoming SB cruise so that I don’t get bludgeoned in the bar or something lol! Our experiences with SB have been enormously expensive and not been good so yes, I’m just over this cruise line by now and I’m sure I sound it. We’ve never had a bad cruise before and have been on many different lines with Regent and Oceania our favorites. SB is just not for us.

1 minute ago, kjbacon said:

You raise a good point about my plans. I should have been at least a little vague about my upcoming SB cruise so that I don’t get bludgeoned in the bar or something lol! Our experiences with SB have been enormously expensive and not been good so yes, I’m just over this cruise line by now and I’m sure I sound it. We’ve never had a bad cruise before and have been on many different lines with Regent and Oceania our favorites. SB is just not for us.

Why would you think that someone would bludgeon you in the bar?  Honestly, people here just want to help, but your dislike of Seabourn is so strong that nothing anyone says to try to help is going to make a difference.  For the record, we've never had a bad cruise with Seabourn.  It COULD happen.  I'm surprised that you booked such a long cruise with Seabourn the first time you cruised.  Not every cruise line is right for everyone.  

• Like 1

Omigosh, does anyone on this cruise line have a sense of humor?!?

Not with you no.

If as you say the line is not for you then why are you going again.

Surely it can't all boil down to money?

Omigosh, does anyone on this cruise line have a sense of humor?!?

I do!  

in all seriousness, it’s hard for some to decipher humor when reading something.  You had a less than stellar cruise on SB year and made your comments know on this board.  Nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts as this is Cruisecritic and people share their experiences.  Currently you have shared your negative concerns regarding restaurant and shorex advance bookings.   Perhaps some folks just didn’t see any humor in the posts.

Happy sails,

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I do!  

in all seriousness, it’s hard for some to decipher humor when reading something

Happy sails,

Nancy

I agree.  If I intend for something to be humorous, I try to work in a way to say that.  For example, I used the term fashion police in another thread.  I was just kidding--and said so.  Otherwise, it would look like I was being serious.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I agree.  If I intend for something to be humorous, I try to work in a way to say that.  For example, I used the term fashion police in another thread.  I was just kidding--and said so.  Otherwise, it would look like I was being serious.  

Perish the thought

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SLSD said:

+1…go back and see the read the rest of my post as I edited and added

Nancy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SLSD said:

Right. And is exactly why I added “lol!” after the comment.