6/6/23: New Princess Contest, Win All-Electric Porsche

LACruiser88

June 6, 2023 9:00 AM EDT
New Contest from Princess Cruises, Xponential Fitness Offers Opportunity to Walk to Win™ a Custom All-Electric Porsche Taycan

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., June 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Earning an opportunity to win a one-of-a-kind all-electric Porsche Taycan could be one step away through a fun contest from Xponential Fitness and Princess Cruises.

The Walk to Win™ Porsche contest gives fitness fans and cruisers the opportunity to win a custom branded, high-performance Taycan valued at $100,000.

To qualify for the contest, U.S. residents of legal age* can use the XPASS app from Xponential Fitness and achieve a 30-day fitness streak. An alternate way to qualify is available for Princess guests who use MedallionPay Shoreside when shopping on vacation at over 250 merchants in 28 destinations throughout the Caribbean, Mexico and Alaska.

"This contest combines the entire portfolio of Xponential 10 premier fitness brand members with Porsche to create excitement for Princess cruise vacations," said John Padgett, President of Princess Cruises.

The contest follows a highly successful giveaway of a Porsche Taycan last year that drew nearly a million entries.

"We are gamifying fitness as we aim to make America healthier through our Walk to Win Porsche contest," said Danyal Ali, President of XPASS at Xponential Fitness. "We added a pedometer to the XPASS app which rewards points towards fitness classes and can punch your entry into the Porsche in-app game. Don't count your steps, make your steps count." 

Emblazoned with recognizable logos and tag lines from Princess and Xponential, the unique Porsche Taycan includes a host of accessories including:

• BOSE® surround sound system
  • 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
  • Wheel center caps with colored Porsche crest
  • "Electric" logo on front doors
  • Interior in black/limestone beige
  • Ambient lighting
  • Lane Change Assist (LCA)
  • Silver window trim
  • Three years of 30-minute DC charging sessions with Electrify America
  •  

*Complete contest rules can be found at https://www.xpass.fit/blog/porsche-taycan-contest-rules.  Entries for the contest will be accepted through May 3, 2024 and from all residents of the United States, but excluding residents of Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and North Dakota.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nice car...but I would pass strictly on the basis of the paint scheme!  Just imagine the looks you would get driving around town!

Hopefully, you could choose a color of your choice!  😃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nice car...but I would pass strictly on the basis of the paint scheme!  Just imagine the looks you would get driving around town!

And…they added the new slogan:

”I Love This’”  😆

• Like 2

I hope there is a clause in the contract that the 'paint scheme/wrap' can't be changed for 2 years, and then at your expense  -  since I prolly won't be entering the contest 🦄

good marketing for Princess - for Porche - maybe not so much.  Didn't Porshe and Princess form some sort of 'arangement' for the PCA cruises?

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Walk to Win™ Porsche contest gives fitness fans and cruisers the opportunity to win a custom branded, high-performance Taycan valued at $100,000.

Kind of interesting lumping these two groups together.  Like oil and water. 

• Haha 3

There was a post on the Alaska boards last year on how much Princess is taking when merchants sign up to be able to accept the medallion and use that as a payment. I don't remember the details but it was a lot. Enough that I wouldn't use the medallion on land to pay for things. I know for me, the cost is the same - I just want the merchants to survive.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coral said:

There was a post on the Alaska boards last year on how much Princess is taking when merchants sign up to be able to accept the medallion and use that as a payment. I don't remember the details but it was a lot. Enough that I wouldn't use the medallion on land to pay for things. I know for me, the cost is the same - I just want the merchants to survive.

I had a conversation with a restaurant owner in Cabo regarding the Medallion merchant deal.  He told us that he has to give Princess 30% of the charges that are made via the Medallion and that he was not renewing the contract with them once it expired at the end of last year.  I think many merchants are going to do the same, it is not a good deal for most of them.  IMHO another flop by JP!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Exactly.

Soooo...let me get this straight....

you either have to exercise or shop.

Yup. Those go together.......????

🙄

And then you have to play rock, paper and scissors or item A, item B, item C (which they give you the rules before each round as to what item beats another) for 5 - rounds of 10 games and have to win all 50.  So even if you exercise 30 consecutive days, or go to their classes for 30 consecutive days, or make a medallion purchase, you are only eligible to play the game which you must win all 5 rounds...all 50 rock, paper, scissors.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

I had a conversation with a restaurant owner in Cabo regarding the Medallion merchant deal.  He told us that he has to give Princess 30% of the charges that are made via the Medallion and that he was not renewing the contract with them once it expired at the end of last year.  I think many merchants are going to do the same, it is not a good deal for most of them.  IMHO another flop by JP!

Yes I had read a post about this last year. Basically taking money out of the local's pocket (albeit voluntarily since they agree to it). I refuse to use Medallion Pay. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

But ...... You'll never have to worry about not being able to find your car!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

But ...... You'll never have to worry about not being able to find your car!

Yeah...but what they don't tell you is that you have to use your medallion to start it.  You know those batteries die after about 3 weeks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Well, don't nobody hold their breath, there must be a catch!!!

Yes, after you do the 30 day consecutive exercise, or 30 days of thier classes, then you win the chance at playing the game.  You must win all 50 rounds the fastest in order to win the car.  Each round has different rock, paper scissors items so it will get confusing.  My bet is no one can win all 50 rounds.  Once you loose 1 round, you are out. 

7 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

I had to check the date, I kept thinking it must be a leftover april fools joke

I think they did this last year as well. I remember reading someone winning a Porsche. 

12 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

So in effect if I see any shops advertising Medallion pay as a come on, I can almost expect a 30% discount at other competing merchants. 

Good to know. 

• Haha 1

This is a joke.  At www.xpass.fi, the XPASS App is documented as only available for Apple devices at their App Store.  Why on Earth would Princess block out the majority of smartphone users (more people use Android phones than Apple phones)?  

SMH, JP.

Edited by Steelers36