MoveUp: Concierge to Aqua

Tina99

Hello, and thank you in advance for your input. Upcoming Eclipse cruise to Alaska, and just received the MoveUp email.  What is the highest bid amount per person you would submit to move up from Concierge to Aqua?

That’s going to be very subjective. Eating at Blu and access to the thermal suites aren’t important to me, so I wouldn’t bother. But if they’re important or desirable to you, bid what you think they’re worth.  Remember you only get the amenities of the MoveUp cabin, not the perks.

Edited by Mauidiver

4 minutes ago, Tina99 said:

The cabin, not the perks. Okay.  So no dining in Blu?  No use of Persian Garden?  

Those are amenities, Celebrity overcomplicates it but whatever drink Wi-Fi tips pkg (perk package), if have one follow you.  You do gain the access to Blu and Persian Gardens with the room (amenities of room)

46 minutes ago, Tina99 said:

The cabin, not the perks. Okay.  So no dining in Blu?  No use of Persian Garden?  

Yes you get all the amenities listed in the room descriptions (Blu, PG, Yoga Mat.   You just don't automatically get All Included perks.  You keep whatever booking perks you had with your original room.  And receive the captains club points for your original room.

If you have not sailed in Aqua class take a look at the menus for Blu in the app.  For most who book Aqua Blu is the reason but there are also people who dislike the food in Blu.  
Then if you find the menu appealing determine how much extra $ that menu is worth. Then throw in a few more $ if you find value in the Persian Garden.

Thank you all for your info. All things considered here (what’s included and what’s not included), and understanding this is a subjective forum, what is the dollar amount you would bid per person to move up to Aqua?

25 minutes ago, Tina99 said:

Thank you all for your info. All things considered here (what’s included and what’s not included), and understanding this is a subjective forum, what is the dollar amount you would bid per person to move up to Aqua?

more subjective, many prefer the smaller dining room and also having a sit down place besides the MDR for breakfast.  Many like the food, would you be using the Persian/Thermal area etc.  Also a big factor many of the Aqua are located right under pool deck.  I usually book for a room overall.  Most of time in Sunset verandah or Concierge Sunset.  Also times I get a great rate from my TA and they only have blocks of rooms in Concierge.  My bidding would be based on how much it would cost me to get the cruise pass for the Persian Gardens ( I use the Persian at least once and most times twice a day).  For example I am in a great C1 room in Nov on Silhouette.  Love location and bigger balcony.  The cost for the Persian gardens for 10 day is about 260 total pp So my max probably would be around 150ish-225ish depending how much my travel mate wants Blu.  I like blu especially breakfast but I also like my current room a lot.  But pricing or bids are all different rates and really cannot make any assumption to the min bids get sent to you.  

No one can really answer that without knowing what you paid and how much upgrading is without moving up. If you do a mock booking to see how much Aqua would be versus what you paid, you’ll get a decent idea as to whether it’s a good deal to use move up or just upgrade. 

I’ve done mock booking, and I’ve intentionally posed a straightforward question. Maybe I should rephrase the Q:  What would you pay to move up to non-AI Aqua from Concierge?

41 minutes ago, Tina99 said:

I’ve done mock booking, and I’ve intentionally posed a straightforward question. Maybe I should rephrase the Q:  What would you pay to move up to non-AI Aqua from Concierge?

I’m not sure how long your cruise is. I’d say maybe $20 pp per day. I don’t know how realistic that is not knowing minimum bids. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

Then throw in a few more $ if you find value in the Persian Garden.

And yet - if eating in Blu is not all that important to you - unless you plan to make considerable use of the Persian Garden, I don't see it as a reason to pay all the extra $ for Aqua. I generally only go once, and this time was not quite as happy with Blu as the first time I did it, so have been thinking that why not just go back to regular Verandah room (or else maybe try Suite), and just pay for the single time I go to the Persian Garden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tina99 said:

Price I would bid would be based on what the pass for the entire trip for the Persian Garden is, would not go over that.  

• Like 1

Since we don't like the Blu menu and wouldn't use the Persian Garden our answer is zero.  And we wouldn't bid up to Concierge either.

Edited by LeeW
more