Galveston Express or Galveston Limo

Party of two adults.  Staying the night before the cruise at the Bush Airport Marriott.

Need round trip transportation between the airport and return.

Sailing on Prima in Feb.

Not interested in joining Facebook so Saltwater Moms is out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Party of two adults.  Staying the night before the cruise at the Bush Airport Marriott.

Need round trip transportation between the airport and return.

Sailing on Prima in Feb.

Not interested in joining Facebook so Saltwater Moms is out.

Galveston Express.

• Like 1

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Why do you prefer Express?

We needed it for one-way transport for a repositioning and it was recommended by others on CC.

Booking and service was efficient. There was a second pick-up at Hobby but we arrived on time. There is a choice of departure times.

My husband would have preferred the driver to have spend less time checking his phone, not sure if he was checking schedule or traffic alerts - I couldn’t see from my seat.

We normally self-drive to Galveston so I don’t have any other service to compare it too, but it served our purpose. No problem booking, it departed on time and arrived on time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

We needed it for one-way transport for a repositioning and it was recommended by others on CC.

Booking and service was efficient. There was a second pick-up at Hobby but we arrived on time. There is a choice of departure times.

My husband would have preferred the driver to have spend less time checking his phone, not sure if he was checking schedule or traffic alerts - I couldn’t see from my seat.

We normally self-drive to Galveston so I don’t have any other service to compare it too, but it served our purpose. No problem booking, it departed on time and arrived on time.

We had planned on driving but have decided to fly into IAH.  We've done that before on a Princess cruise where we used Princess transfers.   That worked well but it appears that a independent shuttle is both cheaper and more flexible.  Express runs every hour on the hour while a cruise shuttle doesn't offer that flexibility.  I've narrowed it down to Express and Limo and looking for experienced opinions.  Leaning towards Express.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

We will be in need of transportation to Hilton Galveston Island from IAH.  Can you make a one way request with Glaveston Express  or could we do a round trip with return from cruise port to IAH? Trying to figure this out before I book my flight.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

We will be in need of transportation to Hilton Galveston Island from IAH.  Can you make a one way request with Glaveston Express  or could we do a round trip with return from cruise port to IAH? Trying to figure this out before I book my flight.

Yes, as I posted in #4 we did one-way IAH (where we left the car) to Galveston.

They will take you to some hotels on the island as well if that is what you are asking. It is all on the website.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Following- anyone else? Galveston Limo reviews are mixed on TAdvisor.

You can also find some very negative reviews on Galveston Express.  In fact, you can find negative reviews on any subject there.  

54 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You can also find some very negative reviews on Galveston Express.  In fact, you can find negative reviews on any subject there.  

Thanks, I’ve got it worked out. Not an issue here.

Traveling from HOU to Galveston - just to spent time in Galveston for the weekend (NOT taking a cruise) Traveling on Thursday, September 14th to Sunday, September 17

2 seniors 

Would appreciate recommend transport - it looks like the Galveston Express has 15 stops (!) from pick-up from HOU to our Hotel in Galveston (14 stops at different cruise ships)

HELP 

Thank You 

17 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Traveling from HOU to Galveston - just to spent time in Galveston for the weekend (NOT taking a cruise) Traveling on Thursday, September 14th to Sunday, September 17

2 seniors 

Would appreciate recommend transport - it looks like the Galveston Express has 15 stops (!) from pick-up from HOU to our Hotel in Galveston (14 stops at different cruise ships)

HELP 

Thank You 

Where did  you find the information about the number of stops?

I'm sailing on Harmony OTS in early December, and the arrival time is 7AM.  How quickly can one debark if self-debarkation.  My flight is at 12PM and need to plan transportation to Bush Int'l.

Edited by nelblu

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm sailing on Harmony OTS in early December, and the arrival time is 7AM.  How quickly can one debark if self-debarkation.  My flight is at 12PM and need to plan transportation to Bush Int'l.

You might want to ask that in the RCCI forum too.

10 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Where did  you find the information about the number of stops?

When I went on-line to Galveston Shuttle's web-site, and choose a time for pick-up at the airport - it clearly listed all of the cruise ships that the shuttle would stop before delivering us to our hotel

12 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

When I went on-line to Galveston Shuttle's web-site, and choose a time for pick-up at the airport - it clearly listed all of the cruise ships that the shuttle would stop before delivering us to our hotel

I am not understanding where you are looking, or what you are seeing.

Is this Galveston Express or another shuttle?  

I have only used Galveston Express. It stopped at International, a pre-arranged airport hotel, Hobby, Carnival terminal, old Royal Caribbean terminal, now presumably also the new terminal and then pre-arranged hotels on Galveston. I am not sure what it does on return I only took one-way.

Since you seem to have a specific need I think it would be best adressed directly with the company as they only take pre-arranged requests. 

I cannot even imagine 14 ships in port in Galveston I think 3-4 would be max. Sunday is a busy cruise ship day,  not sure what time your flight is?

Edited by c-leg5

14 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I have only used Galveston Express. It stopped at International, a pre-arranged airport hotel, Hobby, Carnival terminal, old Royal Caribbean terminal, now presumably also the new terminal and then pre-arranged hotels on Galveston. I am not sure what it does on return I only took one-way.

Since you seem to have a specific need I think it would be best adressed directly with the company as they only take pre-arranged requests. 

I cannot even imagine 14 ships in port in Galveston I think 3-4 would be max.

International would be the Bush Airport (IAH) correct?

What would be the airport hotel? The marriott?

On 6/13/2023 at 6:02 PM, c-leg5 said:

I cannot even imagine 14 ships in port in Galveston I think 3-4 would be max. Sunday is a busy cruise ship day,  not sure what time your flight is?

One thing of note:  Galveston Express will only pick up at Terminal A baggage claim at Bush IAH.  If you want a pickup at the Marriott, even though it is within Bush airport, they charge a $50 fee.  Pick ups at any other terminal or any other hotel is also $50.   Doesn't look like Galaveston Limo charges an additional fee.

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

One thing of note:  Galveston Express will only pick up at Terminal A baggage claim at Bush IAH.  If you want a pickup at the Marriott, even though it is within Bush airport, they charge a $50 fee.  Pick ups at any other terminal or any other hotel is also $50.   Doesn't look like Galaveston Limo charges an additional fee.

Yes that was what I thought. We parked at the airport so it didn’t matter which terminal.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2023 at 11:59 AM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

2 seniors 

HELP 

Thank You 

As a follow up - I did call Galveston Express - and yes - they will make all of the stops shown on their web-site - they only have bigger shuttle buses - no private direct transport - so still looking for some kind of service.  Anybody ??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

As a follow up - I did call Galveston Express - and yes - they will make all of the stops shown on their web-site - they only have bigger shuttle buses - no private direct transport - so still looking for some kind of service.  Anybody ??

As stated, I am not sure what you are asking? 

It appears you want a private car service from Hobby to a Galveston Hotel? Is this correct? You will need a taxi, uber (or the like), or car rental.

Yes, Galveston Express operates large shared shuttle vans as shown on their website.

I think you are mis-reading the “stops”. Yes, it has the ability to service any of the listed cruise ships BUT not on one day. There will be a maximum of three ships on any given day and not even EVERY day. The port website schedule will show you the ships on any given day. After stopping at the terminal buildings (up to 3) for guests sailing that day it services certain hotels, on request I believe, for guests staying overnight before sailing.

40 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thank you ! 

Yes - Guess I wasn't clear in my original post -  looking for a private car service - 

I sent an email to Galveston Limo - perhaps they can offer that service 

Galveston Shuttle and Limo provides private car service.

I've booked a private car with  them for my next cruise.

I've found that calling them is better than email.

Their private car service for two is a Cadillac CT5 or CT6.

It will cost you approximately $450 round trip IAH/Galveston.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Thanks 1