Galveston Express or Galveston Limo

26 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Galveston Shuttle and Limo provides private car service.

I've booked a private car with  them for my next cruise.

I've found that calling them is better than email.

Their private car service for two is a Cadillac CT5 or CT6.

It will cost you approximately $450 round trip IAH/Galveston.

As I understand it @GreenValleyDogWalker wants to go from Hobby according to their post.

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

As I understand it @GreenValleyDogWalker wants to go from Hobby according to their post.

I provided the information I had.

They do not publish their rates for private suttles.

I have no idea what they charge from Hobby since I only pricd from IAH.

If GVDW wants to know the price from Hobby, he must contact them.

Edited by RocketMan275

14 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

After stopping at the terminal buildings (up to 3) for guests sailing that day it services certain hotels, on request I believe, for guests staying overnight before sailing.

Yes, they will make additional stops upon request and upon payment of an additional fee of $50.

42 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Yes, they will make additional stops upon request and upon payment of an additional fee of $50.

I know they charge an extra fee, per group, for hotel pick-up at the airport, I was unaware there was an additional fee in Galveston also?  As i understand the website the private shuttles are aimed at relatively large private groups - large families, roll calls etc not a group of 2-4 people.

We were sailing same day so we never enquired but some people on our shuttle were staying overnight in Galveston. This was before the new Royal terminal opened so in our case they dropped off at Carnival, then Royal, then hotels.

Also I was referring to the three terminal buildings in Galveston. There aren’t many days when there are three ships so I doubt they stop at all three terminals everyday. 

I realized you were flying into IAH and were quoting prices from there but some people get confused and don’t realize HOU is Hobby and just think it is generic for Houston.

Edited by c-leg5

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I know they charge an extra fee, per group, for hotel pick-up at the airport, I was unaware there was an additional fee in Galveston also?  As i understand the website the private shuttles are aimed at relatively large private groups - large families, roll calls etc not a group of 2-4 people.

What's funny is even though they're making a stop at baggage claim in IAH, they wanted to charge an additional $50 for s stop at the IAH Marriott also in IAH.

11 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

What's funny is even though they're making a stop at baggage claim in IAH, they wanted to charge an additional $50 for s stop at the IAH Marriott also in IAH.

LOL are you aware of the transport problems around IAH? 

I can understand them wanting to limit stops at the actual airport. They only stop at ONE terminal. You would also have to transfer if you flew into a different terminal. It is easy enough from Marriott to get the hotel shuttle or airport train between terminals.

We parked at off-site parking location and used parking lot shuttle to appropriate terminal. We actually made a stop at a hotel just outside the airport near our parking lot and I am guessing that group paid an extra $50 rather than  take the hotel shuttle back to airport.

Edited by c-leg5

5 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL are you aware of the transport problems around IAH? 

I can understand them wanting to limit stops at the actual airport. They only stop at ONE terminal. You would also have to transfer if you flew into a different terminal. It is easy enough from Marriott to get the hotel shuttle or airport train between terminals.

We parked at off-site parking location and used parking lot shuttle to appropriate terminal. We actually made a stop at a hotel just outside the airport near our parking lot and I am guessing that group paid an extra $50 rather than  take the hotel shuttle back to airport.

Yes, I've seen a map of the IAH.  I could see paying another $50 for an offsite hotel stop.  But the shutle goes right past the Marriott so it would  not be out of their way.  Doesn't matter really since I've decided on Galveston Limo.

10 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Galveston Shuttle and Limo provides private car service.

I've booked a private car with  them for my next cruise.

I've found that calling them is better than email.

Their private car service for two is a Cadillac CT5 or CT6.

It will cost you approximately $450 round trip IAH/Galveston.

Thank You ! 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 9:23 PM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

As a follow up - I did call Galveston Express - and yes - they will make all of the stops shown on their web-site - they only have bigger shuttle buses - no private direct transport - so still looking for some kind of service.  Anybody ??

They only make stops if the cruise ship is in port.  This link (scroll to bottom for 2023 calendar) shows you the ships in port on the calendar.  So I do not believe they stop at each and every stop when a ship is not in port. 

https://www.portofgalveston.com/80/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello -

Just thought I would chime in here.  I just finished booking Galveston Limo for private car service to take us from Hobby to Galveston and the night before our cruise in January....followed by a pick up the following Sunday (on Harmony) to go back to Hobby.  I got my quote via email and booked, but I had a few questions and gave them a call and the person who answered was very pleasant and courteous.  When we return home, I'll be sure to write about the experience.  It is expensive, but when you are traveling with someone that has trouble walking and climbing stairs, you sometime have to spend the extra money.  Just for your information, for our particular cruise in January it was approximately 165.00 to go to the port and 250.00 to return to the airport.  This is a basic tip included but I'm sure we will be giving extra.  Supposedly, we are in a Lincoln Continental (I asked as I wanted to make sure our luggage and transfer chair would fit).  We just have to work out how to get from our Galveston hotel to the ship on the morning of the cruise.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, David10225 said:

Hello -

Just thought I would chime in here.  I just finished booking Galveston Limo for private car service to take us from Hobby to Galveston and the night before our cruise in January....followed by a pick up the following Sunday (on Harmony) to go back to Hobby.  I got my quote via email and booked, but I had a few questions and gave them a call and the person who answered was very pleasant and courteous.  When we return home, I'll be sure to write about the experience.  It is expensive, but when you are traveling with someone that has trouble walking and climbing stairs, you sometime have to spend the extra money.  Just for your information, for our particular cruise in January it was approximately 165.00 to go to the port and 250.00 to return to the airport.  This is a basic tip included but I'm sure we will be giving extra.  Supposedly, we are in a Lincoln Continental (I asked as I wanted to make sure our luggage and transfer chair would fit).  We just have to work out how to get from our Galveston hotel to the ship on the morning of the cruise.

How many people is this for?

why is the return so much more expensive. - because they are having to enter the port?

10 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

How many people is this for?

why is the return so much more expensive. - because they are having to enter the port?

It's just for the two of us.  I can't say for sure, but I think the price is more related to the size of the car vs the number of people.  The reason the return is more expensive as there is a Port Tariff of $25.00 but there is also something called PDA Surcharge 30% which works out to another $61.67. Maybe that's like an UBER surcharge pricing where when it is very busy (like disembark), they charge more?

Edited by David10225
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, David10225 said:

Hello -

Please let me know how that turned out since I've booked G Limo for IAH to Prima and return in Feb.  It was about the same rate.  IIRC $225 both ways.  Two people, cadillac.  We're staying at the IAH marriott the night before embarkation so it's a direct shot to the port.

Galveston Express is $70 total for US-1 adult & 1 senior. Extra $10.50 for insurance if you choose. They have a comment box that you can put in information about baggage etc.

This is from pier to Bush airport.

5 minutes ago, dog said:

Galveston Express is $70 total for US-1 adult & 1 senior. Extra $10.50 for insurance if you choose. They have a comment box that you can put in information about baggage etc.

This is from pier to Bush airport.

We used Galveston Express once. I don’t recall insurance option what does it cover you for? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

We used Galveston Express once. I don’t recall insurance option what does it cover you for? 

It is a cancellation fee if you need to cancel. 
you prepay at booking time.

it clearly states it in website which is easy to use.

7 minutes ago, dog said:

It is a cancellation fee if you need to cancel. 
you prepay at booking time.

it clearly states it in website which is easy to use.

OK thanks. I dont remember but it has been a while.

i see now the insurance is 15% of total cost. Since we were only going one-way with senior discount I think we either decided to self-insure or probably use our regular travel insurance for nonrefundable expenses if needed.

• Like 1