Food

lenquixote66

I've always got Tabasco, Sriracha and Maggi Masala Chilli Sauce in the cupboard. I bought a bottle of a Cajun chilli sauce when we were in Lafayette, Louisiana, some years back, which was fine but I preferred Tabasco so never tried to replace it. Think it was Crystal but can't be sure.

I saw mini bottles of Cholula at the store the other day- going to pick up one for our Oct cruise, also can order the Siracha "packets",Ā  going to bring some of those as well. Love Siracha on my eggs. And...I always bring a pepper grinder with me:) Can't have a caesar salad without fresh ground pepper! Sometimes they have fresh ground pepper in MDR but sometimes not and the wait staff are already super busy.

HATED Brussels sprouts as a kid. My mother and sister liked them but my dad, my 2 brothers and I didn't. I LOVE them now. Actually, a lot of things I wouldn't go near as a kid I love now- Shrimp, scallops., other fish like salmon.Ā 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dmrrn73 said:

HATED Brussels sprouts as a kid. My mother and sister liked them but my dad, my 2 brothers and I didn't. I LOVE them now. Actually, a lot of things I wouldn't go near as a kid I love now- Shrimp, scallops., other fish like salmon.Ā 

It all depends on how the dish is prepared. Ā A good chef makes all the difference.

• Like 1

Like @dmrrn73, I eat a LOT of things I never did as a child -- mostly because I wasn't exposed to them. Hard-cooked eggs I actually MADE myself learn to eat, because they were so portable!Ā 

Ā 

The only things I can think of that I ate as a child that I don't touch now are breakfast "cereals", Wonder bread, and Miracle Whip. Also I don't drink milk (nor put it on the cereals I don't eat).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Like @dmrrn73, I eat a LOT of things I never did as a child -- mostly because I wasn't exposed to them. Hard-cooked eggs I actually MADE myself learn to eat, because they were so portable!Ā 

Ā 

The only things I can think of that I ate as a child that I don't touch now are breakfast "cereals", Wonder bread, and Miracle Whip. Also I don't drink milk (nor put it on the cereals I don't eat).

When milk was 25 cents a container I drank an entire quart on a hot summer day. I cannot remember the last time I drank or consumed milk.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

It all depends on how the dish is prepared. Ā A good chef makes all the difference.

Definitely, and the first time I actually ate and liked them they were made by my sister in law who is a great cook (LOL same with scallops, she made the first scallops that I even wanted to try)

3 hours ago, dmrrn73 said:

Definitely, and the first time I actually ate and liked them they were made by my sister in law who is a great cook (LOL same with scallops, she made the first scallops that I even wanted to try)

I was never crazy about Brussels sprouts until I learned they could be prepared with bacon.šŸ˜„

• Haha 2