Shorts in the dinning room

41 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am amazed at the number of folks who wear flip flops that are unsafe and can be bad for the feet.

I also do not want to see men's knee caps in the evening and especially with sandals or flip flops.

Just lazy and rude to not wear long pants especially if you have ugly legs and gnarley toenails.   yuk

so , is a woman wearing a skirt with ugly legs alright?

• Haha 3

On 6/11/2023 at 8:42 PM, molsonschooner said:

I don't understand why people let these things bother them. Once a person wearing shorts sits down, you would not know what he/she is wearing unless you go over and lift up the table cloth. When someone who is not dressed to your standards walks by you, you may never see them again. Why not try and enjoy yourself and quit being bothered by other peoples actions

I feel the same.  I get more offended by copious amounts of perfume or excessive body odor then the length of someones shorts at dinner.  I can't believe a poster actually gave measurements of how long shorts should be (well then again this IS cruise critic 😁).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheMichael said:

C'mon, most dudes' kneecaps are pretty darn goofy-looking. I know mine are.

Never really gave it much thought… but I’ll still enjoy the heck out of my meal with them sticking out. 🤣

15 hours ago, meadowlander said:

"in the evening". Do you mean in every venue or only in dining rooms?

Just feel wearing shorts all day long should be swapped out for long pants and after a shower. Same goes for women.

On a ship it just feels a bit respectful otherwise we might as well roll out of bed and walk around in sleepwear which would also be bizarre. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

LMAO. Never heard of anyone having such an aversion to knee caps before.

Thanks for taking an already absurd thread to a new level.

Don’t visit warm weather states like Florida. You’ll see knees galore at very nice restaurants. And, gasp, maybe even some toes! 😱 

A lot of absurd threads on cc.

And I think it is absurd to see a nicely dressed lady on a ship in evening walking alongside a sloppy man wearing same shorts from day with sneakers or sandals.

It just shows as bit lazy and or childlike behavior sort of like “no I don’t want to”.

In mixed company on a ship at night dress a bit nicer for heaven sakes. 
Again I see kids dressed better than their dads. The world had become on sloppy mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Just feel wearing shorts all day long should be swapped out for long pants and after a shower. Same goes for women.

On a ship it just feels a bit respectful otherwise we might as well roll out of bed and walk around in sleepwear which would also be bizarre. 

Or folks could have been in bathing suits all day, then change into fresh shorts.  What's the difference?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Based on your comments in this thread, you should definitely be cruising on a more upscale cruise line than RCI. There are several cruise lines who would meet all your criteria concerning how people dress at night. People on RCI are not going to adapt to what you prefer, so you should adapt and go on cruise lines that are more in line with your preferences. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And I think it is absurd to see a nicely dressed lady on a ship in evening walking alongside a sloppy man wearing same shorts from day with sneakers or sandals.

It just shows as bit lazy and or childlike behavior sort of like “no I don’t want to”.

Again I see kids dressed better than their dads. The world had become on sloppy mess.

Goes both ways. Don't kid yourself by thinking it doesn't.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Try Seabourn, Viking. You lost this battle many years ago with Royal when suites were introduced and younger cruises decided it is their vacation and they will wear what the want when they want. Royal had no choice but to stop enforcement of mdr dress codes.

57 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Royal had no choice but to stop enforcement of mdr dress codes.

Thankfully so, in spite of all the uptight curmudgeons that endlessly comment here on this topic.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have never felt disrespected by a person wearing shorts, daytime or night.

I know the difference between sleepwear & shorts. Thinking that people wearing shorts is bizarre is(in politest way possible) extreme.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am amazed at the number of folks who wear flip flops that are unsafe and can be bad for the feet.

I also do not want to see men's knee caps in the evening and especially with sandals or flip flops.

Just lazy and rude to not wear long pants especially if you have ugly legs and gnarley toenails.   yuk

So those of us with attractive legs are good in shorts!

Funny, I'm guessing if someone said a woman should avoid certain clothing because of her looks, we'd never hear the end of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Judge much?  Apparently so.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So those of us with attractive legs are good in shorts!

Funny, I'm guessing if someone said a woman should avoid certain clothing because of her looks, we'd never hear the end of it.

Let us be the judge of your "attractive legs." You could be seriously biased!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

I have never felt disrespected by a person wearing shorts, daytime or night.

I know the difference between sleepwear & shorts. Thinking that people wearing shorts is bizarre is(in politest way possible) extreme.

And sleepwear is often seen in the Windjammer. Does not stop me from getting more bacon.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

And sleepwear is often seen in the Windjammer. Does not stop me from getting more bacon.

Saw a young child trying to stay up to see a show on Wonder last week (there also may have been other factors involved) and he wore plaid PJ pants and a t-shirt to the theater. I thought it was cute. Certainly didn't make the show any better or worse... just like the food.

• Like 2

Some of you think that Royal Caribbean should still be like the golden cruise days of yesteryear! You may as well face it that those days are gone. What do you really expect when they are building more and more ships that are basically like taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach with all types of amusement and entertainment geared toward families and others that like that type of vacation. When you go on vacations to these places and all inclusive beach resorts people are not looking to get dressed up at night just to go to dinner. There are cruise lines where you can live out your fantasy of the golden years of cruising but it’s going to cost you a lot more for that experience. If you are going to continue to cruise with Royal you may as well face reality and stop complaining about what people are wearing because they are not going back. Icon of the Seas should tell you that! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigque said:

Some of you think that Royal Caribbean should still be like the golden cruise days of yesteryear! You may as well face it that those days are gone. What do you really expect when they are building more and more ships that are basically like taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach with all types of amusement and entertainment geared toward families and others that like that type of vacation. When you go on vacations to these places and all inclusive beach resorts people are not looking to get dressed up at night just to go to dinner. There are cruise lines where you can live out your fantasy of the golden years of cruising but it’s going to cost you a lot more for that experience. If you are going to continue to cruise with Royal you may as well face reality and stop complaining about what people are wearing because they are not going back. Icon of the Seas should tell you that! 

Sir yes sir!

• Haha 2