Suite pool deck seating

Hi,

dose anyone know how RCCL provides suite guest pool seating on Harmony?  I know on Liberty they o are on the tiered section near the pool. Just wondering because saving seats is still such a problem 

Thanks

1 hour ago, dmccadden said:

Hi,

dose anyone know how RCCL provides suite guest pool seating on Harmony?  I know on Liberty they o are on the tiered section near the pool. Just wondering because saving seats is still such a problem 

Thanks

Harmony has a suite deck up a set of stairs behind the slides.  The cabanas overlook the Solarium and there are chairs in the back that overlook the slides and the pools there. This is a great video of the Harmony suite deck  

• Like 1

Harmony suite sun deck has a hot tub too.  I love the suite deck on Harmony.  Almost always chairs availability with sun or shade.  And a bar and bathrooms up there.  Yes, you must climb one flight of stairs to get there.  You must use your key card to get up there.  It is for suites and pinnacles only.  

• Like 2

We found the cabanas up there quite stuffy.  I didn’t last 15 minutes in one.  Frankly, I find the whole solarium area on Harmony to be stuffy.  Too many windows/sunshades overhead to allow for a good airflow and with no pool, impossible to cool off.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I take it you will be charged for any drinks if you don’t have drink package? I need to ration my 5 diamond plus drinks

Yes.  Just like any other public bar.  It isn’t like the CK/SL with included beer/wine.   

• Like 1

I loved the suite sundeck on Oasis and I suspect Harmony's is very similar.  I'm not one to sit close to the pool anyways so I didn't mind the distance from the pool. having your own bartender and restrooms near by was great.  I loved the single clam shell seating.  That was my go to spot however, I did use one of the Cabana's overlooking the solarium one day too...

IMG_0647.thumb.jpeg.f816a59ed58738baf1fb831e9eaf976b.jpeg

This is a picture of the Cabana overlooking the solarium.  Sorry I can't find a pic of the clam shell I spent most of the time.  Very nice and much more peaceful. 

Suite pool seating is always in the sun, so it's been a no go for us.  We used to book GS all the time-largest ship in a GS was EX.  I don't see the seating as a real benefit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topnole said:

Yes.  Just like any other public bar.  It isn’t like the CK/SL with included beer/wine.   

I will say not always.  In March they never charged us anything for anything. We did have Star class WOW bands on though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chill6x6 said:

I will say not always.  In March they never charged us anything for anything. We did have Star class WOW bands on though.

Star class includes the DBP... That is why you weren't charged. All sky class cabins will either be charged, require a C&A voucher or the DBP.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I loved the suite sundeck on Oasis and I suspect Harmony's is very similar.  I'm not one to sit close to the pool anyways so I didn't mind the distance from the pool. having your own bartender and restrooms near by was great.  I loved the single clam shell seating.  That was my go to spot however, I did use one of the Cabana's overlooking the solarium one day too...

IMG_0647.thumb.jpeg.f816a59ed58738baf1fb831e9eaf976b.jpeg

This is a picture of the Cabana overlooking the solarium.  Sorry I can't find a pic of the clam shell I spent most of the time.  Very nice and much more peaceful. 

That is much more open than we found on Harmony.  Totally glassed in with solid sunshade above.  No air at all.

IMG_0899.jpeg

Edited by poocher

43 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Star class includes the DBP... That is why you weren't charged. All sky class cabins will either be charged, require a C&A voucher or the DBP.  

Yeah I understand that but at other bars they wrote down my cabin number while wearing the same armband.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poocher said:

That is much more open than we found on Harmony.  Totally glassed in with solid sunshade above.  No air at all.

IMG_0899.jpeg

Yeah, I can see the difference.  I liked the one I had be only used on one day.  Most days I got myself one of those single clam shells that were position polar opposite of these cabana things overlooking the pool.  

We enjoy the true suite sun deck on the Oasis class ships.  Not all in the sun which IMO is horrible and not for those concerned about skin CA and wrinkles.  Will never use them.  

On the Oasis class ships, you have a full bar, and with the exception of the Oasis, a hot tub.  The Oasis has a water feature- a shower.  Some shaded areas to sit and relax.   Also the few free cabanas are wonderful.  Our last sailing on the Oasis had the best bartender.  She was terrific went around to people to ask the if they would like anything.  Hope to repeat this August.

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We enjoy the true suite sun deck on the Oasis class ships.  Not all in the sun which IMO is horrible and not for those concerned about skin CA and wrinkles.  Will never use them.  

On the Oasis class ships, you have a full bar, and with the exception of the Oasis, a hot tub.  The Oasis has a water feature- a shower.  Some shaded areas to sit and relax.   Also the few free cabanas are wonderful.  Our last sailing on the Oasis had the best bartender.  She was terrific went around to people to ask the if they would like anything.  Hope to repeat this August.

Allure doesn’t have a hot tub either.  FYI.  

12 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Yeah I understand that but at other bars they wrote down my cabin number while wearing the same armband.  

It’s definitely not included or open bar. They’ve run my card many times.  They didn’t charge you because you were wearing the Star band.  Probably just put Star down or whatever.  Bartenders vary in how they handle things.  

Does anybody know if the suite sun deck is open on the morning of embarkation? If so how do you access the area before rooms open and you can collect your seapass card?

Thinking it’ll be a good place to bunker down on Harmony until lunch in CK…Thanks!

Scan the bar code on your set sail pass at the gate.  It was perfect that first day as many don’t find/use it right away.  We had the hot tub to ourselves almost all afternoon.

Edited by poocher