LIVE / Sky Princess / June 17th / Land of the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice 14 Day Cruise

Jeter02

6 hours ago, jinpasco said:

I will miss my mornings reading your stories and looking thru your pictures. I have learned a lot and made some notes for our cruise in August. Saying..Thank you...doesn't seem like enough. Safe travels home .

Awe! That truly makes my heart so happy to know, that you have enjoyed following me and found it helpful.

I have never started a live thread before, as I worried I wouldn't want to keep up with it. However, I found it really nice to sit down whether it was in the evening, or following morning to just kind of reflect on my day in more of a blog format. Each day spectacular in its own right, so it's nice to know I'll have it documented to look back at.

Thiis was a new itinerary for me to experience, which made me extremely excited to visit new places to adventure and explore. I am now considering the idea of maybe I should continue doing these blog like live threads for my upcoming cruises, as I have my Alaska sailings coming up in about 2 weeks time!?!? I've done that trip for 9 seasons and sailings to Caribbean more times than I can count, but if others find it informative enough, I may just do so. 

• Like 7

I too have enjoyed your journey. It's nice to have a travellers view of things and not a sales pitch. The photos have won us over, the weather can be fickle in the area so you were very lucky. We are looking for something different next year a break from the Med.

Enjoy London and thank you for you advise and snippets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

I too have enjoyed your journey. It's nice to have a travellers view of things and not a sales pitch. The photos have won us over, the weather can be fickle in the area so you were very lucky. We are looking for something different next year a break from the Med.

Enjoy London and thank you for you advise and snippets.

Thank you! You're very welcome as well 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Thiis was a new itinerary for me to experience, which made me extremely excited to visit new places to adventure and explore. I am now considering the idea of maybe I should continue doing these blog like live threads for my upcoming cruises, as I have my Alaska sailings coming up in about 2 weeks time!?!? I've done that trip for 9 seasons and sailings to Caribbean more times than I can count, but if others find it informative enough, I may just do so. 

Thank you @Jeter02 for taking us along. It has been a joy to learn about this amazing itinerary through your eyes. I hope you do a thread for your Alaska voyage, and if you do, please post a link here. Safe trip home.

• Like 2

I also enjoyed following along on this journey.  We did a 7-day Norwegian Fjords a few years ago and it was spectacular.  But yours sounds so much better with many more port stops and the excellent weather you had.  If I could get your same weather, I would do this itinerary in a heartbeat.  Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your journey.  We're doing Alaska at the end of August so looking forward to your posting of that journey.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this live thread. All three of us, myself, husband and 10yr old are doing this itinerary and have been following along. It’s been wonderful to travel with you from post to post, port to port, picture to picture. We’ve picked up some great tips.

I love how you just take everyday as it comes, and do your own thing at your own pace.

You are always so positive and appreciative, it’s made me happy to read such a positive blog/ thread on Cruise critic. If you do decide to do more, and I hope you do, I’ll be following along those too 😃 

We’re now even more excited for our August cruise. 7 weeks today, yay!

Enjoy your time in London, safe travels hope and have a wonderful time in Alaska

• Like 2

I’ve taken some Some screen grabs of you coming into port this morning Live from ‘Solent ships’ webcams (find on YouTube) for anyone interested. Some live Weather/ tide data running along the bottom of a few.

in order

1. Passing the Town of Cowes on the Isle of Wight. I’d love this view!

2. from Netley sailing club, following in The Iona into Southampton Water. You’re just passing the tiny Calshot Castle

3 also from Netley Sailing Club now in Southampton water

4 & 5 Itchen Cam. Southampton Sailing club, across the River Itchen. just arriving into Southampton port itselfIMG_0760.thumb.png.ebf04691f37a7d05c8dd3de055ff8aa4.pngIMG_0756.thumb.png.bfe6a180eb1ae5ce394b0870ba53c824.pngIMG_0757.thumb.png.9651400b7ffe38dc605ff9b51e948fb8.pngIMG_0764.thumb.jpeg.52519b1fb40f02cad9227eaa71f6d00c.jpegIMG_0762.thumb.png.f82d5eb5c0ceb7705044ac9e80c8a2b9.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Jeter02 Your time on the Sky Princess has been so wonderful, IMHO,  I hope the next ship for you is as pleasing. Your positivity, no doubt, played a part in your receiving such attentive and personalized attention.

With that said, I'm sure you will enjoy you next ship in a similar fashion.

Hope to read about your next adventures here, soon. Wishing you more blue skies and clear sailings. Will I see you on the Crown, or Majestic?

Edited by CruzeQueen2
Missing words
  • Like 1

Many thanks Jeter02 

I have loved following your cruise every day, and thank you for the wonderful posts every day with such valuable information. So glad you had an amazing cruise we will be following you in August on the Sky and cannot wait, have a great time in London and a safe journey home  

• Like 1

Well, I’ve finished reading your report (regrettably) and ooohed and ahhhhed over your fabulous photos.  I can only say “wow”!  One of the absolute best trip reports I’ve read on these boards.  This itinerary was really never on my bucket list but you can bet it is now!  You brought it all to life for us and I’m truly grateful for being taken along on your journey.

Great job and I’m already looking forward to your next one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Jeter02 Your time on the Sky Princess has been so wonderful, IMHO,  I hope the next ship for you is as pleasing. Your positivity, no doubt, played a part in your receiving such attentive and personalized attention.

With that said, I'm sure you will enjoy you next ship in a similar fashion.

Hope to read about your next adventures here, soon. Wishing you more blue skies and clear sailings. Will I see you on the Crown, or Majestic?

Thank you so.much for your kind words. I can say with my 100+ cruises with Princess, they have never disappointed me. Better yet, it feels like home, and everyone onboard is always so wonderful and kind. 

My next ship coming up in 2 weeks for my B2B2B will be on the Discovery, Alaska roundtrip from Seattle.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Well, I’ve finished reading your report (regrettably) and ooohed and ahhhhed over your fabulous photos.  I can only say “wow”!  One of the absolute best trip reports I’ve read on these boards.  This itinerary was really never on my bucket list but you can bet it is now!  You brought it all to life for us and I’m truly grateful for being taken along on your journey.

Great job and I’m already looking forward to your next one!

Thank you! That was increibly kind of you to say. I'm so happy to have tried to immerse you in my experience both on the ship as well through the destinations. ❤️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edspec said:

Thank-you @Jeter02  We were on this cruise and had a marvelous time. I will enjoy looking at your posts as a reminder of all we saw. Can I just say glorious weather?! We were so fortunate!

I have been saying that for the past two weeks, "How lucky and blessed were we to have such fantastic weather all cruise!" We wer SO LUCKY!!!! My cheeks still hurt from what now seems like a permanent smile.  😍

1 hour ago, raybigblue said:

Many thanks Jeter02 

I have loved following your cruise every day, and thank you for the wonderful posts every day with such valuable information. So glad you had an amazing cruise we will be following you in August on the Sky and cannot wait, have a great time in London and a safe journey home  

Thank you so much! Glad to have been of help. ❤️

2 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

@Jeter02 A million thanks for the great review! I can not wait until our turn next year. I will keep this link to remind me of all of the special places you have found! Keep up the great work ~ it sounds like you have found a great following. Enjoy Alaska ~ love that place!

You're very welcome! I'm excited for you to experience this next year as it's amazing!!! Thank you 😊

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

@Jeter02 Thanks for  your great trip report! This is an itinerary I hope to sail in the next few years and your info was helpful.  As a side question, do you frequently sail solo?  If so, any tips for booking with something less than a 100% solo supplement?

Yes I travel solo very frequently, and unfortunately, no tricks to booking less than 100% solo supplement. Just keep your eyes open for princess promotional deals going on This might have been booked or refared When the best sale promotion was out which helps tremendously. So right now I have it booked again for next year which is a little steep and price but I know they'll be a promotion deal coming along soon or eventually.

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

tips for booking with something less than a 100% solo supplement? 

@Buckeye10640 try cruiseplum.com. Not a travel agent, all links go to the cruise line site.  They have a search tab for solo supplements, you can order the results by percentage mark up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thanks for the fabulous review. We’re taking the same cruise in August and are looking forward to it even more now 👍.

Enjoy! It will definitely be an absolutely memorable one 😊

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

@Buckeye10640 try cruiseplum.com. Not a travel agent, all links go to the cruise line site.  They have a search tab for solo supplements, you can order the results by percentage mark up.

Thanks!  I do monitor that sight.  Last year I was finding quite a bit, now not so much. Looking more for Carribean/Mexico out of Florida, maybe it will pick up later in the year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

As a side question, do you frequently sail solo?  If so, any tips for booking with something less than a 100% solo supplement? 

Princess is bringing out a sale July 6-Sept 5, I not sure what it is, the price might help.

• Like 1