just off Equinox

sunsetme

Full of kids, pool was loaded with bodies. Ship is showing signs of wear, rust on the balcony and the railing was raw wood. Otherwise had a great cruise, perfect weather. We had 5 port stops, Bring lots of cash to get to the beach, rent chairs,etc, prices have really gone up taxi wise. Shows were good, lots of activities at the pool. Crowds are back in full force, so beware.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, caviargal said:

Yikes!  Looks like I will be in Solarium on this cruise.

This is our preferred relaxation spot...except on our last cruise on Equinox, that area was over run by passengers playing some very loud domino-like game.  There were tables of them!  I would have sworn they had their own mini-tournament going.  I coped by putting my headphones on and listening to my white noise app of ocean waves crashing against the shore and imagining that I was on my own private yacht being handed cold drinks by Fabio.  Turned out it was DH...who will always be Fabio in my eye.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

This is our preferred relaxation spot...except on our last cruise on Equinox, that area was over run by passengers playing some very loud domino-like game.  There were tables of them!  I would have sworn they had their own mini-tournament going.  I coped by putting my headphones on and listening to my white noise app of ocean waves crashing against the shore and imagining that I was on my own private yacht being handed cold drinks by Fabio.  Turned out it was DH...who will always be Fabio in my eye.

That’s so sweet !!! 🥰

Kevin

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 8:44 PM, sunsetme said:

Full of kids, pool was loaded with bodies. Ship is showing signs of wear, rust on the balcony and the railing was raw wood. Otherwise had a great cruise, perfect weather. We had 5 port stops, Bring lots of cash to get to the beach, rent chairs,etc, prices have really gone up taxi wise. Shows were good, lots of activities at the pool. Crowds are back in full force, so beware.

I am sooooo hoping that when the Equinox goes into drydock they take care of the remaining cabins that got missed when it was being "revolutionized"   and fix the rust etc in the other areas.  We are booked for November 2024.  If reports are still bad may have to let our deposit go. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, miamimommie said:

Heading out on Equinox on Saturday.  It says no shorts in MDR.  Are they very strict on that?  

Just at dinner time. You can wear them at breakfast and lunch. You may read of someone getting away with it one time or another but generally long pants are required for men at dinner. 

• Like 1

Plenty of shorts recently. 

We did a couple on the Equinox last month. As OP said, yeah the ship has aged lately it seems and it is PACKED. We had very long lines for bars and by 9am there is not an empty chair in sight. 

Had nice sailings but yes it was a wake up call that the crowds are indeed back. 

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

I am sooooo hoping that when the Equinox goes into drydock they take care of the remaining cabins that got missed when it was being "revolutionized"   and fix the rust etc in the other areas.  We are booked for November 2024.  If reports are still bad may have to let our deposit go. 

When is dry dock scheduled?  EQ has always been our favorite, we are booked on her in the Med Sept 2024.

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

When is dry dock scheduled?  EQ has always been our favorite, we are booked on her in the Med Sept 2024.

On Cruisemapper Equinox is shown as no sailings April 23 to May 16 2024 .  It orginally was shown for a refurb, but I had read that was scrapped.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will at least do a few things. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

It’s nothing I would cancel over, but yea it was tired. A lot of the double pane windows in the Sky Lounge are clouded from cracking and moisture so you can’t see out of them and the cabins and just worn and outdated. I’d go again if the price was right. 

I just don’t appreciate them saying it was revolutionized when in reality they didn’t do anything other than the concierge and up staterooms and suite amenities. I think it is very misleading to those in balconies and below because nothing they see was revolutionized or updated except the Craft Social. 

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I think it is very misleading to those in balconies and below because nothing they see was revolutionized or updated except the Craft Social. 

So if we booked a Concierge Cabin our chances are pretty good that they will have been refurbished?

1 minute ago, mafig said:

So if we booked a Concierge Cabin our chances are pretty good that they will have been refurbished?

That's the way I read it as well.  We are in a regular ole' standard verandah on Equinox in a few days.  Guess we'll find out.   I have tried to upgrade but I guess it must be a sold out cruise because it's no longer showing anywhere.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, Dar & Bob said:

On Cruisemapper Equinox is shown as no sailings April 23 to May 16 2024 .  It orginally was shown for a refurb, but I had read that was scrapped.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will at least do a few things. 

Thanks for the info..

On 6/22/2023 at 3:08 PM, mafig said:

We were in a sky suite Nov. '22...not refurbished.  Same 'old' colour scheme but not shabby either.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:31 PM, kruzerci said:

Yes concierge and up were refreshed. 

Not in the rooms I have been in last few years!  Sky Suite and Royal Suite both had worn carpets and furniture.  The RS had broken blinds, broken table and sad looking carpet.  Doesn’t stop us as we will be on her for a B2B in September!

On 6/22/2023 at 3:31 PM, kruzerci said:

Yes concierge and up were refreshed. 

15 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Not in the rooms I have been in last few years!  Sky Suite and Royal Suite both had worn carpets and furniture.  The RS had broken blinds, broken table and sad looking carpet.  Doesn’t stop us as we will be on her for a B2B in September!

Equinox was partially refurbished.  SOME sky suites had new carpeting when I passed them by on the way to the elevator and I understand SOME concierge also.  Process interrupted during or just before covid.  There are posts with an explanation on CC.

• Thanks 1

Interesting about the raw wood railings because we saw this on our recent sailing on the Solstice.  Several of the balconies below us had that when we boarded. However, at our first port, walking back to the ship, we saw workers on the balconies.  Sure enough, they had re-varnished the railings (or whatever one does to the railing to make it look nice again😊). 

On 6/22/2023 at 9:11 AM, sunsetme said:

plenty of shorts were seen in the DR on June 10 sailing

Things are getting more casual everywhere. We are at Grand Canyon in the El Tovar where the DR is promoted as "fine dining" and dress code similar to Celeb's chic. Shorts everywhere, t-shirts, hiking boots....almost as if people planning exploration of a desert phenomenon don't want to pack special clothes for 2 hrs. Shock! 😉

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Things are getting more casual everywhere. We are at Grand Canyon in the El Tovar where the DR is promoted as "fine dining" and dress code similar to Celeb's chic. Shorts everywhere, t-shirts, hiking boots....almost as if people planning exploration of a desert phenomenon don't want to pack special clothes for 2 hrs. Shock! 😉

While you are there try a prickly pear margarita...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1