Double points for cruising single ?

I am on a mission to make Diamond in 2024. Looking at options to earn my last 16 points.  Should have made Diamond long ago but took too many cruises on Celebrity.  I know you get double points for paying double to cruise single or for a suite.  My question is if you book a suite and pay double as a single to you get 4x points?  

9 hours ago, volk904 said:

I am on a mission to make Diamond in 2024. Looking at options to earn my last 16 points.

Royal does a fair amount of 8 night itineraries. Bermuda/ABC from the Northeast (New York/New Jersey), and Eastern/ABC from PC and Miami (maybe out of FLL, just haven't looked at them much). Might be 8 night out of Tampa also. Any of those solo (even in an inside) should do it for you. Or take a cruise companion in a JS or above.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Royal does a fair amount of 8 night itineraries. Bermuda/ABC from the Northeast (New York/New Jersey), and Eastern/ABC from PC and Miami (maybe out of FLL, just haven't looked at them much). Might be 8 night out of Tampa also. Any of those solo (even in an inside) should do it for you. Or take a cruise companion in a JS or above.

The 2 on adventure I booked recently dec 13 2024 and april 4 2025 imo are pricey enough I woukdnt book them just to chase points. PC is the busiest port in the world and prices are matching. 

That's why I thought a b2b 4/4 would be less expensive perhaps. 

The cheapest 8 day I found is on jewel out of Galveston which starts at $515. pp. Idk if the OP considered Galveston.  Harmony is doing 6 months of 6/8/7/7. The oct 2024 in my signature is one of those 8 days going to coco cay and the price has gone crazy. Cheapest showing is over $1200 pp? I'm paying less for a inside balcony including taxes and fees. The prices for those 8 days have gone ballistic. 

2 of the adventure in my signature are 8 days, eastern and southern. Adventure also does a 8 day western. Booked recently so still having sticker shock. 

I was just thinking right now isnt a good time to chase pts for the sake of chasing pts... but jewel out of Galveston might be the cheapest I see at $515 pp boring western ports imo. That's why I also suggested a 4/4 maybe some deals but maybe not. Compare both. I chased last year and did 4 legs on grandeur to get a fast 33 pts.  No more cheap short cruises i see.

20230621_101849787.jpeg

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No more cheap short cruises i see.

Yep. Prices out of Florida have gone crazy. I attribute (right or wrong) part of that to the scrapping of some of the older CCL and RCL ships (never followed NCL..no clue if they scrapped some) that were typically doing the short cruises out of Florida. I do miss Sovereign and Majesty. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

How many Celebrity cruises have you taken? If you're Elite on Celebrity...it translates to Diamond on RCCL. Happy sailing!

Thanks for all the feedback.  
I have 6 cruises on Celebrity so I am much closer to Diamond with Royal. Celebrity did give me some perks on my last cruise for my Royal Emerald status  which was nice.  I also have 4 on Princess and 2 on NCL from my early cruise days.  

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

What would be the cheapest way to get 30 points as a single occupant?  I need to get 30 Royal Carribean points asap.

Is there a cheap 15 day or would it be cheaper to take four four days?  

6 minutes ago, Steve2024 said:

What would be the cheapest way to get 30 points as a single occupant?  I need to get 30 Royal Carribean points asap.

Voyager transatlantic, 15 nights Galveston to Barcelona leaving May 1st. $2675 for an inside. Plus airfare home (but potentially not that much if you have miles).

28 minutes ago, Steve2024 said:

A solo inside for 15 days would cost less than a JS for 10 days solo. Same points.

Cheapest would probably be new orleans or one of the older ships out of tampa. Grandeur cheap usually. 

The TA might be cheaper mentioned above if you dont count airfare. 

5 hours ago, Steve2024 said:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it...

6 hours ago, Steve2024 said:

Maybe a trans-Atlantic? They seem to be less per day than regular cruises.

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it...

Every time I read your posts, I put a gangster voice to your quotes.  It is like reading in Morgan Freemans voice when you see his picture.  Thanks you