Has Adult Comedy Show format changed?

On Harmony in 9 days. Can book all the entertainment, except the Adult Comedy schedule is still not showing up in Cruise Planner.  When I check the planner for the 2 cruises right before mine, there is not a nightly Adult Comedy Show. There is only one show, on the last night, in the Royal Theatre. Has Royal changed and eliminated the nightly shows?

1 hour ago, Newbieflorida said:

On Harmony in 9 days. Can book all the entertainment, except the Adult Comedy schedule is still not showing up in Cruise Planner.  When I check the planner for the 2 cruises right before mine, there is not a nightly Adult Comedy Show. There is only one show, on the last night, in the Royal Theatre. Has Royal changed and eliminated the nightly shows?

On EN in April, it was held at like 945 or so.  Much earlier than we're used to.  

1 hour ago, Newbieflorida said:

When I check the planner for the 2 cruises right before mine, there is not a nightly Adult Comedy Show.

Use the app (not the planner) to look for activities - set it to the current sailing.  The show is there.

• Like 2

I have a Harmony cruise in October.  I have been checking the app regularly for the current cruise activities.  I haven't seen any comedy shows in a while.  This week and next week the "headliner" is Jennifer Singer, who only appears one night each cruise.   Lots of Grease, but no comedy shows in the Attic at all.

Yep, the app shows no sign of any comedy on Harmony this week apart from one night in the main theatre.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch, but presumably entertainment isn’t immune from the cost savings we’ve already seen in housekeeping and dining so maybe comedy in The Attic is going the same way as Jazz on 4.

Edited by gumshoe958

I don't see any sign of nightly comedy on Oasis sailings as well. 😞

And I'm also surprised that the Cats ensemble doesn't also do a revue like show like they used to in years past (it used to be Come Fly with Me or something or something like that)?  

2 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

This week and next week the "headliner" is Jennifer Singer, who only appears one night each cruise.  

Setting the app for the current sailing, day 7, at 11PM Derek Richards and Nery Saenz are listed (18+ comedy). Granted, it's listed in the main theater, but I assume it's same show you normally would get in the Attic.

9 hours ago, Newbieflorida said:

We sailed last month on Oasis.  The adult comedy reservations showed up for a few days when all the other shows were able to be booked and then they disappeared.  People who didn't book them those first few days were able to book once they boarded.  I had booked when they were first available but then it didn't show in my planner but did show under my reservations.  

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Setting the app for the current sailing, day 7, at 11PM Derek Richards and Nery Saenz are listed (18+ comedy). Granted, it's listed in the main theater, but I assume it's same show you normally would get in the Attic.

Yes, as the OP noted. But their point was that the nightly shows in The Attic - always popular due to their intimate comedy club atmosphere - seem to have gone. Which looks ominously like yet another cut.

1 minute ago, gumshoe958 said:

Which looks ominously like yet another cut.

How is that a cut when they put it in a bigger venue which can host more customers for the same show? I get that some people may go to the show for the train wreck that usually happens with the folks in the first few rows but that can also happen in the main theater.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How is that a cut when they put it in a bigger venue which can host more customers for the same show? I get that some people may go to the show for the train wreck that usually happens with the folks in the first few rows but that can also happen in the main theater.

It eliminates a venue and its associated costs such as tech support & bar staff. One big comedy show costs a lot less to put on than ten small ones.

It potentially saves money by replacing a headliner show in the theatre.

And it opens up the possibility of rotating one comedian across more than one ship if they’re only doing one show per cruise, thus reducing the overall number required.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes, as the OP noted. But their point was that the nightly shows in The Attic - always popular due to their intimate comedy club atmosphere - seem to have gone. Which looks ominously like yet another cut.

If it is how our sailing was last month, it will be available to book once you board.

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Actually was not the same show.  We saw both last month.  The Attic show was much more “interactive”.

10 hours ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Jennifer Singer is wonderful. Don’t miss her show.  

Jennifer Singer is not a comedian, although she attempts to be funny between songs, at least the few times I have seen her shows. She isn’t funny but she is a very good singer. 

14 hours ago, sportmorgan said:

And I'm also surprised that the Cats ensemble doesn't also do a revue like show like they used to in years past (it used to be Come Fly with Me or something or something like that)?  

Looking at the compass from Oasis 2 weeks ago.. adult comedy show 5 nights, 2-3 shows a night. 

15 hours ago, sportmorgan said:

on the 5/21 sailing the cast of Cats did a Cabaret in the Music Hall and the last night production of Cats was canceled due to cast member injury and they also did a similar show that night in the theater.  

We're trying to plan some activities for our Harmony cruise next summer.

I am familiar with Celebrity which has shows generally at 7 and 9pm.

For planning purposes, can you give me an idea of what the show times might be for our Harmony

cruise next summer?   I'm thinking there are many shows going on at many different times, but

just need to get an idea......should we plan dinner as early as possible in order to take advantage of as many shows as possible?  We have a large group of 14, and I have the job of organizing this cruise. 😫

We signed up for Select dining, but perhaps we should choose a set dining time?

Any hints you can give me will be very appreciated.