Restaurants near Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

KLG

Viking Neptune. After first night on ship, meeting NY area relatives for brunch the next morning. Sailing is at 2:00.  Any suggestions for a place to meet and eat that in walking distance from the ship?

1 hour ago, KLG said:

ny suggestions for a place to meet and eat that in walking distance from the ship?

You're sort of in a culinary desert by the MCT as far as Manhattan is concerned. There are places to eat, but nothing that most folks would rave about or say deserve a special trip. A lot of older, dingy Irish pubs. Between 10th and 9th Aves in Hells Kitchen it gets a little more interesting as you head towards Times Square. 

Personally, for something with a bit of NY flavor on my stopover, I would head over to the PJ Clarke's near Lincoln Center on 63rd Street. Its about a 10 min car ride or 20 min walk from the MCT. While its not the original historic PJ Clarkes on the East Side, it is the same menu and similar decor. Good for brunch. 

A bit further afield-- this would not be a walk-- I have a warm spot for Sarabeth's on Central Park South. Great traditional brunch spot that draws a good mix of locals and tourists. You will need a reservation. 

For the ultimate NYC brunch on the West Side you could also head north to Barney Greengrass which is at 87th and Amsterdam. Also about a short 10 minute cab/Uber but not really walkable at around 45 minutes unless you wanted to do it one way back and budgeted the time. One of New Yorks great brunch experiences and worth the effort. 

I realize that I only provided you one actual walkable option but went with quality over just pointing you to one of the many disappointing options that are in the the immediate vicinity of the MCT. 

Mom's Kitchen & Bar gets great reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor. They are located on 49th and 9th Avenue about a fifteen-minute walk from the cruise pier. Brunch is served here and would be a great choice to grab a fast meal and have time to make it back to the ship by 1:30 pm which likely will be your all aboard time. 

https://www.eatatmomsnyc.com/location/moms-kitchen-bar-midtown/

Jonathan

11 hours ago, KLG said:

Viking Neptune. After first night on ship, meeting NY area relatives for brunch the next morning. Sailing is at 2:00.  Any suggestions for a place to meet and eat that in walking distance from the ship?

A favorite of ours is Chez Napoleon ,less than 5 minutes from the cruise port.

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A favorite of ours is Chez Napoleon ,less than 5 minutes from the cruise port.

I believe that restaurant is only open for dinner. The OP is looking for someplace for brunch since they have to be back on board their ship by 1 or 1:30 for a 2pm sail away.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I believe that restaurant is only open for dinner. The OP is looking for someplace for brunch since they have to be back on board their ship by 1 or 1:30 for a 2pm sail away.

Thank you for the clarification,I was not aware of them not being open other than dinner.

“Brunch” makes me think either upscale venue with mimosas,  linen tablecloths and napkins or plain basic diners.  Not too much upscale in that part of town, so you might consider Westway Diner at 9th Ave and 46th St. - probably a 15 - 20 minute walk from MCT.