Price drops before final payment date

Does Royal no longer offer price drops before final payment date? It’s nothing significant but I noticed that the price dropped $30 on a booking we just made a week ago. I called to apply it and they’re saying it is for ‘new bookings only’. Cruise isn’t until next April so we are well outside of final payment date. 

Should I try calling back or is this just more the the new normal with Royal Caribbean? 

TIA 🙂

She called me back after to reiterate it was for new bookings only. Is there any way for me to differentiate online if a promo is for new bookings or not? It’s not even a significant price or anything so not worth wasting more time on the phone, but still annoying that it’s not available. It was always super easy to have things refared in the past, especially when booking early. 

49 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

Is there any way for me to differentiate online if a promo is for new bookings or not?

The GGG flier usually mentions that in small print but don't recall that being on any other kind of booking.

1 hour ago, amby6063 said:

Does Royal no longer offer price drops before final payment date? It’s nothing significant but I noticed that the price dropped $30 on a booking we just made a week ago. I called to apply it and they’re saying it is for ‘new bookings only’. Cruise isn’t until next April so we are well outside of final payment date. 

Should I try calling back or is this just more the the new normal with Royal Caribbean? 

TIA 🙂

I get price drops all the time before final payment.  There might be a few that are new bookings only, but that is rare.  Call and talk to someone else.  Cannot tell you how many price drops I have gotten on my cruises.

45 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

This is what they do now - to prevent people from getting a price drop - now it is always for new bookings only!

Not true, I get price drops all the time.  I have 21 cruises booked and have gotten price drops on at least 75% of them.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I get price drops all the time before final payment.  There might be a few that are new bookings only, but that is rare.  Call and talk to someone else.  Cannot tell you how many price drops I have gotten on my cruises.

I agree. I just called last week for 3 price drops with no problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I just got a $145 price drop yesterday.  Had to call a second time to get it.  I think the first agent didn't want to bother.

This is why I have a TA.  Dealing with Royal sometimes doesn’t work well, but having a TA go to bat for you helps a lot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

This is what they do now - to prevent people from getting a price drop - now it is always for new bookings only!

We have multiple sailings (about 10) booked up to April 2025 with refundable deposits. Prices are nowhere close to what RCI is offering today. However just recently my DH adjusted price for one of our cruises. If you have a refundable deposit you always can cancel & rebook. Knowing this agency are adjusting prices on such bookings 

I've never had trouble getting them to honor a drop in price. I always book refundable deposits though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it (because if the sale is for new bookings only, I can always cancel and rebook, so they may as well just save the hassle and apply the new price).