Allure Amplification

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, dragontrainer said:

Playmakers is on the list of things to be added, as is the Ultimate Abyss (it feels a bit weird to me that the Ultimate Abyss section is where they added the shaved ice; must not have been considered a big enough deal to have its own bullet point):

INTRODUCING ROYAL CARIBBEAN’S $100M-PLUS, ALL-OUT GLOW-UP OF ALLURE OF THE SEAS | Royal Caribbean Press 

I do see playmakers on your list. Wasnt on the other list I saw. YEA!! 

Mason jar has too many peanut butter drinks and foods, not my thing.

Edited by firefly333

Posted (edited)

Biggest changes from the original plan I see right away is

• Mason Jar instead of Portside BBQ
  • Addition of Pesky Parrot. If it replaces the Bionic Bar, then I called it 🙂
  • I don't think the original Amplification plans called for the addition of the Ultimate Panoramic Suites?
  • Addition of the new shaved ice concept

Sounds like there could be more pool deck changes than originally planned. Either that, or just increased marketing emphasis.

Originally, I am pretty sure that it was agreed that Portside BBQ would probably go where Sabor is today, and Playmakers where the Crown Lounge is. Allure doesn't have the same layout to put it next to the WJ. I am thinking Playmakers where Sabor is and Mason Jar in the Crown Lounge area. But I'm not sure it would really matter either way.

Looks like they removed the original Amplification Press Release from 2019, so can't compare in more detail.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spethstation said:

Here are some updates for the Allure from a press release issued today:

• Ultimate Abyss being added
  • Addition of Perfect Storm waterslides
  • Redesigned resort-style pool deck 
  • Addition of shaved ice bar near Ultimate Abyss
  • Addition of Pesky Parrot bar
  • Addition of Lime & Coconut
  • Splashaway Bay
  • Royal Escape Room
  • Glow-in-the-dark laser tag
  • Addition of: Playmakers, Mason Jar, El Loco Fresh
  • Two new Ultimate Panoramic Suites (Star Class)

Perfect timing!

Was debating between 8 Nt E Caribbean on Allure or 7 Nt E Caribbean on Star in Jan ‘26.  This news, along with the fact Allure is a day longer and over 1k cheaper has made my decision.

i’ll wait to sail on Icon III…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd bet they add the purple abyss. It's not a water slide, it's in the boardwalk where it ends. I think all the oasis class have it but allure. Shouldnt mean removing anything. I wouldn't worry. 

It removes the best view on Allure

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It removes the best view on Allure

Agreed.  I knew it was extremely unlikely, but I held out hope until the bitter end that they would leave one "Classic Coke" Boardwalk in the amping process. 😔

Ah well. We enjoyed it while we could, and I do look forward to having a Mason Jar and a Playmakers. 🙂 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I realize that aft view is the best and will now be compromised, but IMO Allure is definitely in need of modernization and I think overall the benefits of all that will be added and improved will far outweigh the few negatives.

I don't disagree that it needs some work, but The Ultimate Abyss is not dependent on any of the other stuff. They could have done the entire list and not blocked the aft view with the purple monstrosity. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I don't disagree that it needs some work, but The Ultimate Abyss is not dependent on any of the other stuff. They could have done the entire list and not blocked the aft view with the purple monstrosity. 

mac_tlc

Keep in mind that I pointed out that it is a shame that view will be compromised. But that "purple monstrosity" is very popular amongst many of the passengers, which is likely why it is being added.  I think it was inevitable as Allure is the only current Oasis class ship without it.  Something for everybody, but not everything for all.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I will be on the final pre-Amp sailing (February TA) in an aft BW balcony with unobstructed view.  Will also enjoy the Crown Lounge before it's relegated to the dungeon.

I will miss not having water slides.  It would be perfect weather for bobsledding on the February TA.  😄  Rode the water slides on Voyager in Akureyri, Iceland.  🙂

What does the Abyss block other than BW balcony views?  You don't get much of an aft view from the BW, even without the slide. 

I've only sailed on post-Amp Oasis (in OV balconies) and never noticed an obstructed view.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spethstation said:

Here are some updates for the Allure from a press release issued today:

• Ultimate Abyss being added
  • Addition of Perfect Storm waterslides
  • Redesigned resort-style pool deck 
  • Addition of shaved ice bar near Ultimate Abyss
  • Addition of Pesky Parrot bar
  • Addition of Lime & Coconut
  • Splashaway Bay
  • Royal Escape Room
  • Glow-in-the-dark laser tag
  • Addition of: Playmakers, Mason Jar, El Loco Fresh
  • Two new Ultimate Panoramic Suites (Star Class)

I'm looking forward to that shaved ice bar, for sure.  Yum!

Playmakers is great, but we aren't a fan of Mason Jar, although we only had it for breakfast and not dinner, so I'm willing to give it another chance.  El Loco Fresh was okay on Wonder.

Details from the previous proposed dry dock upgrade 

They are spending less on the upgrade plan than originally stated in this previous press release 

Allure of the Seas was to undergo a 58-day, $165 million dry dock that would have added new enhancements including the Ultimate Abyss and Perfect Storm slides; a Music Hall; an expanded Giovanni's specialty dining venue, and all-new Adventure Ocean spaces for kids and teens, in addition to general refits throughout the vessel.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Details from the previous proposed dry dock upgrade 

They are spending less on the upgrade plan than originally stated in this previous press release 

Allure of the Seas was to undergo a 58-day, $165 million dry dock that would have added new enhancements including the Ultimate Abyss and Perfect Storm slides; a Music Hall; an expanded Giovanni's specialty dining venue, and all-new Adventure Ocean spaces for kids and teens, in addition to general refits throughout the vessel.

They pulled the original Press Release from 2019, so I couldn't do a comparison.

But one thing I remember reading somewhere (not in the press release?), was that they were supposed to replace all the a/v throughout the entire ship, including all stateroom TVs.

You're right, I didn't catch that they didn't mention turning Dazzles into the Music Hall. Hmm.. Seems like a fairly easy change.

We'll have to see as more details emerge.

Edited by RobInMN

45 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Although not entirely feasible but I would have liked for the amped Allure to resemble Wonder / Utopia as much as possible.

With the revamped pool area/Lime & Coconut, Splashaway Bay, Ultimate Abyss dryslide, El Loco Fresh, Playmakers, Mason Jar and Pesky Parrot that is basically what you are getting.

• Like 1

Just now, Southern Dan said:

With the revamped pool area/Lime & Coconut, Splashaway Bay, Ultimate Abyss dryslide, El Loco Fresh, Playmakers, Mason Jar and Pesky Parrot that is basically what you are getting.

Pretty much except for the new Pesky Parrot.  Makes me even more excited for the WB TA next year!  More time to enjoy all the new areas.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Ultimate Panoramic Suites?

I presume from the write up that these will consume the space currently occupied by the open air area of the solarium on deck 14 above the bridge. If that is correct then the forward looking views from the solarium may end up being compromised by the new buildout (or the existing solarium will be extended above those new cabins which would make them noisy Star class suites.)

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I presume from the write up that these will consume the space currently occupied by the open air area of the solarium on deck 14 above the bridge. If that is correct then the forward looking views from the solarium may end up being compromised by the new buildout (or the existing solarium will be extended above those new cabins which would make them noisy Star class suites.)

Yeah, they'd be above the bridge wings like on the other ships that have them. I was questioning whether or not they were part of the original Amplification plan or not. RCI pulled the original press release and I didn't feel like Googling for random writeups. But now that I think of it, they were added to Oasis, so I imagine that they were.

I've never been on Oasis neither before nor after Amplification so I'm not sure how that affected the Solarium layout.

It would have been also time to modernize the rooms to the design of the newer Oasis Class ships including new bathrooms. Somehow RCL likes to forget this during amplifications

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It would have been also time to modernize the rooms to the design of the newer Oasis Class ships including new bathrooms. Somehow RCL likes to forget this during amplifications

As much as I'd like to see something like that, I'm not sure how technically feasible that is. Can't say I've every heard of any cabin changes other than cosmetic, and even that seems to be limited to carpet and drapes. The only time I've heard of any functional changes are the addition of the bedside USB ports (& 100??) on Serenade as part of the UWC upgrades.

The cabins are all pre-fabed by another company and slid into place and then just connected up. (second video reuses footage from the first)

Anyone every heard of any cabin reconfiguration/upgrades ever being done by other cruise lines?