Bringing on wine.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind if you have a bottle of wine in your bag it may take it a bit longer to get to your room when you check in.  We checked in 2 suitcases and 2 carryon bags.  1 carryon had a bottle of wine in it.  The 3 other bags all arrived at our room hours before my carryon, which of course had everything I wanted in it.  Not a big deal as it made it there eventually.  There was a sticker on my luggage tag showing a bottle of wine, so that was why it took longer.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gail-s said:

Keep in mind if you have a bottle of wine in your bag it may take it a bit longer to get to your room when you check in.  We checked in 2 suitcases and 2 carryon bags.  1 carryon had a bottle of wine in it.  The 3 other bags all arrived at our room hours before my carryon, which of course had everything I wanted in it.  Not a big deal as it made it there eventually.  There was a sticker on my luggage tag showing a bottle of wine, so that was why it took longer.  

Wine is supposed to be in a carryon that you carry on the ship.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gail-s said:

Wine must be CARRIED ON!!  You were never supposed to check it!!

I am surprised they didn’t hold that bag downstairs in the “naughty room” and make you come down to claim it….😳😳

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

What is the corkage fee? Is there no fee if consumed in your cabin?

Technically yes , but I haven’t been charged any for a decade at that’s opening In restaurant, never corkage if consumed in cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gail-s said:

If you check the bag, it is not a carry-on bag.  It is a small checked bag. The wine should have been in a bag you physically carry onto the ship😀

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Wine must be CARRIED ON!!  You were never supposed to check it!!

I am surprised they didn’t hold that bag downstairs in the “naughty room” and make you come down to claim it….😳😳

But they have never checked ours in literally years!  I carry ours in a special twin wine bottle carrier.  They never even look at crossways anymore.  That has been our experience for at last the last 5 yrs.

• Like 2

I just got off the Allure yesterday.  I brought 5 bottles on board that I bought in Galveston at Spec's.  (We were a group of 5 adults.)

I took each of the bottles unopened to either the MDR or Specialty restaurants.

The waiters gladly opened and served the bottles and there wasn't a single mention of a corkage fee.

Only inconvenience was carrying the bottles around the ship on embarkation day but the cabins were ready by 1:30.  I brought a wine tote bag with me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BL79RCLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Like 2

🙄 we technically had 4 bags. 2 we checked on the plane 2 were smaller carry ons. They offered to take all 4 at the dock so I let them. Figured no big deal. It really wasn’t other than the little bit extra time it took for the bag to get to me. Other than the sticker they didn’t seem to care either. We rarely cruise anymore so these rules were all new to me. I mentioned it because not everyone does 2 cruises a year and knows every single stupid detail of the rules by memory. 

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It’s still a maximum of 2 bottles per stateroom correct, regardless if there are more than two adults 21+ in the room?

No, there is not limit per cabin.  It is one bottle allowed per passenger 21+.  Someone keeps saying there is a cabin limit but there is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It’s still a maximum of 2 bottles per stateroom correct, regardless if there are more than two adults 21+ in the room?

As Reallyitsmema said, One per adult no limit.  Book 8 adults into the aqua suite and you can bring on 8 bottles of wine

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Walt18 said:

Does the same apply to port visits?  I can bring back on board (and to my room) one bottle per adult after visiting a port?

Only at the initial port of embarcation.

No wine is allowed to be brought on board at any port of call