Help with Edge vs Beyond Decision

chiguypaul

Hello. I would appreciate some thoughts on how to approach the (you can't go wrong) decision between the Edge and Beyond. They both look great. We don't care about the itinerary. We will not be staying in a suite. We would probably go to speciality dining one night. We tend to like the latest and the greatest, but it seems like the differences between the Beyond and Edge are not that great. And even thought we like "new", the ships seem close enough where paying a premium for the beyond would not be worth it. We love outdoor seating areas. It feels like a real toss up between the sips.

Would appreciate any thoughts on how to make a decision between the two ships given the above. Thank you!

The Beyond would be our choice and we have been on all 3 E class ships.  Each has improved on the previous ship.  The Beyond has an amazing Sunset Bar with loads of seating and much of it covered.  The  Martini bar is much better layout than the Edge or Apex. 
They have an additional specialty restaurant.  Service was outstanding.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, natshala said:

I’ve been on both. Both are lovely. All things being equal, I’d choose Beyond. Are you saying there’s a premium for Beyond? I don’t think so.

Good point. I'm just assuming that the newer ship is priced more per night, but that may not be true.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Beyond would be our choice and we have been on all 3 E class ships.  Each has improved on the previous ship.  The Beyond has an amazing Sunset Bar with loads of seating and much of it covered.  The  Martini bar is much better layout than the Edge or Apex. 
They have an additional specialty restaurant.  Service was outstanding.

The Sunset Bar looks like an amazing space.

Are Daniel Boulud Le Voyage and Eden on both ships?  I thought both were ok but I prefer Eden for the view.  Le Voyage was dark and gloomy.  I was on Beyond and would do it again.   I was in a Sky suite.  Not sure I’d like infinite veranda.

Edited by zitsky

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are Daniel Boulud Le Voyage and Eden on both ships?  I thought both were ok but I prefer Eden for the view.  Le Voyage was dark and gloomy.  I was on Beyond and would do it again.   I was in a Sky suite.  Not sure I’d like infinite veranda.

Eden is on both, LeVoyage only on Beyond (and Ascent eventually).

mac_tlc

I have been on both and preferred the Beyond. The Sunset bar, World Class bar, and Martini Bar areas are much better on Beyond. Also we enjoy Le Voyage which is not on Edge. 
If you move up to the Retreat, no contest. Beyond Luminae and Retreat area superior to Edge. 
That being said, both ships are spectacular! 

been on both.. We would pick BEYOND..it has World Class Bar.  a cozy spot overlooking the Martini Bar action

We preferred BLU on BEYOND due to its  layout and view..but if not in AQ class, will not matter.

EDGE had a more appealing art collection..personal taste

Enjoy

2 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Hello. I would appreciate some thoughts on how to approach the (you can't go wrong) decision between the Edge and Beyond. They both look great. We don't care about the itinerary. We will not be staying in a suite. We would probably go to speciality dining one night. We tend to like the latest and the greatest, but it seems like the differences between the Beyond and Edge are not that great. And even thought we like "new", the ships seem close enough where paying a premium for the beyond would not be worth it. We love outdoor seating areas. It feels like a real toss up between the sips.

Would appreciate any thoughts on how to make a decision between the two ships given the above. Thank you!

Hi Paul,

Beyond is the best ship to cruise on so far on Celebrity.

Before the ship started sailing there was one poster made fun with me about the Sunset Bars.

Wait until you see it it will blow your mind away.

1 hour ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Have sailed Edge, Apex and Beyond and liked them all.  You can't go wrong with any of them, for us we like new ships.  So we always pick the newer version.  

I prefer the cheaper version we always book suites but the new oasis class wonder is about twice what my older harmony on rccl. We loved edge but we did a move up to penthouse, beyond we did a sky suite.