“Freedom”, I won't let you down 'Cause I would really, really love to stick around. Live B2B - July 21-28th

Andrew and Lisa - thanks for taking us along on your anniversary celebration.

I’m “less tall” and have found the best way to get into and out of the tub is to sit on the ledge/shelf in the back and swing my legs around.  I’m always surprised that the floor is significantly lower than the bottom of the tub if I try to step out.  Personally, I love the mosaic face and talk to it every time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our thoughts of a 3/4 night B2B cruise.  

This B2B itinerary worked for us with our limited time frame and schedule. We would have preferred a 7 day with no turn around day but it was not a big deal. If there had been a 6 night cruise, we probably would have taken it over this B2B. That said it was a great sailing. 

Thanks for following along and being a part of our anniversary cruise. As of now our next cruise is in March, unless something else comes along. Until then take care of yourselves and see you then. 

If you have any questions let me know and we will gladly answer them. 

A Saturday  7 night cruise departure from Miami couldn't work for you? Harmony?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, onlyano said:

I'm doing a 4/3 B2B on this ship in August. Thank you for your detailed review. You've saved me a lot of research. I'm still on the fence about getting off the ship to see the new port. 

Many thanks. It is beautiful, but that pier can be daunting.  

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A Saturday  7 night cruise departure from Miami couldn't work for you? Harmony?

As much as I would have liked two waves for flow riding the days didn’t work this go around. 

• Like 1

Thank you for taking us along on your anniversary cruise. I appreciate your feedback on the 3/4 B2B. Ours will be on Allure in April and I’m expecting the 3 day weekend sailing will be a party cruise just like yours was. Our 4 day goes to Cozumel with two sea days. I’m sure that leg will be much more relaxed. Like you I wish we could have worked out a 7 day that met our needs, but we got a good deal that we couldn’t pass up on our B2B, and the fact that we got Cozumel and 2 sea days instead of 2 more days in the Bahamas was a bonus for us. We can’t wait until it’s our turn to sail! 

• Like 1

I'll add a couple of notes to your comments.

The hand washing facilities are only in place for the buffet since that is the only venue where you serve yourself. 

The suite breakfast is also a Pinnacle benefit, which I also really enjoy.  It is so much nicer than dealing with Windjammer.  The only exception is on Oasis class.

I still like JR breakfast there.  I tried the Chops breakfast there, but enjoyed JR  more. 

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I'll add a couple of notes to your comments.

The hand washing facilities are only in place for the buffet since that is the only venue where you serve yourself. 

You are correct. The WJ has them, as well as El Loco Fresh. Only a fraction of the people washed their hands or used sanitizer there at all.  Maybe 3 of 10 people washed or sanitized.  Many walked right by them. 

What I was getting at even if the food is served those individuals who didn’t sanitize, such as at Sorrento’s, still put their hands to their mouths.  Lord knows where their hands were prior to that, like elevator buttons, washroom door handles etc.  They might not touch/dirty serving utensils but they are putting dirty hands to their mouths etc where germs can easily infect them. 

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

The suite breakfast is also a Pinnacle benefit, which I also really enjoy.  It is so much nicer than dealing with Windjammer. 

The disembarkation morning crowd was a zoo in the WJ.  The Chops breakfast certainly is a nice treat.  We also met a Master in the RC gambling program and they said breakfast was also included for them in Chops. She was Pinnacle was well, but noted about the Master and it’s perks. 

@A&L_Ont excellent thread! 

I am originally from Ontario - saw the Blue Jays cap in a picture -

I dont usually follow other peoples vacations. This was fantastic! I was on Freedom 3 weeks ago and you brought it back to life for me. I might have been introduced to Heidi if I was sailing with you. - Wheel of Fortune was okay until she turned on me!  

10 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

.... What's the catch ?

I know, right?  This was the only sea day on the 4 day sailing. The pools didn’t start to get busy until 11am but seats were still available here and there. It was packed at noon. 

11 hours ago, Stick93 said:

@A&L_Ont excellent thread! 

I am originally from Ontario - saw the Blue Jays cap in a picture -

I dont usually follow other peoples vacations. This was fantastic! I was on Freedom 3 weeks ago and you brought it back to life for me. I might have been introduced to Heidi if I was sailing with you. - Wheel of Fortune was okay until she turned on me!  

The Jays, the team of a nation.  Owen has been lucky to get some autographs this year from the players when we go to the games. Now that we are home again we have 4 games for sure and possibly 3 more with local league play downs this weekend, to see if we go to provincials again this year. 

Glad you could relive your experience again vicariously though us. Heidi was kind, but like the Wheel they eventually send you packing. Thanks for taking the chance and following along. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I know, right?  This was the only sea day on the 4 day sailing. The pools didn’t start to get busy until 11am but seats were still available here and there. It was packed at noon. 

Late night followed by late morning from the party crowd?

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Late night followed by late morning from the party crowd?

That or maybe because most the the guests live within a few hours of the port. I bet if it was a January sailing with guests from the north the crowds, or at least their towels, would be our early. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That or maybe because most the the guests live within a few hours of the port. I bet if it was a January sailing with guests from the north the crowds, or at least their towels, would be our early. 

So hopefully that is what I may see when we sail her 4 day in October .

Following with Harmony 2 days later 

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:50 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Hi, great review! Who was your Captain? Thanks.