The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 21st, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Be Someone Day, National Junk Food Day, and National Day of the Dog

Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.' -- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegan Meatballs
Drink of the Day - Horchata
Wine of the Day -
Destination of the Day - Skagway Alaska US

Today in History:
1925 John T. Scopes found guilty of teaching evolution in the 'Scopes monkey trial'in Dayton, Tennessee, fined $100 and costs

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Koningsdam

At Sea destination Vancouver, Canada eta 22 Jul

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0600-1500

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea destination Skjolden, Norway eta 22 Jul

Noordam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Oosterdam

At Sea destination La Valletta, Malta eta 22 Jul

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Amsterdam, Holland, The Netherlands eta 7/22

Volendam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska 0900-0930

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 0700-1300

Zaandam

Bar Harbor, Maine 0800-1700

Zuiderdam

Portland, Maine 1100-2000

0721World.thumb.png.01b2a7a68fabf5ad1f720ca9225644f9.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.

It is raining and 55°F here.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

Dog day is most days but August 26th is reported as National dog day.

Junk food is readily available but generally is not good for our health.

I think we all are somebody hopefully good and honest people.

Good wishes for improved health for our care list.

I hope our friends getting on Zaandam and Zuiderdam tomorrow have fantastic cruises.

Screenshot_20230720_231237.jpg

Screenshot_20230720_231026.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Ger_77’s friend on 7/16

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, with complications

NextOne’s friend Denny with a large stroke, and his DW Bonnie

Catmando family issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Ill Dailyite pets - Kazu’s Ivan, Heartgrove’s Sam, Crazy For Cats’ Jasper

5 deaths in Bucks County flash flooding; 2 children missing

All affected by wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Norseh2o!

Happy Birthday to Sharon in AZ’s DH Craig!

Debbie and Sue traveling to Boston for their cruise 

Baby Murphy off ECMO, chest closed, some tubes removed

Aliaschief’s DD and DGC visiting

Seasick Sailor’s new fur baby Oliver 

Kazu’s Ivan showing improvement

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Crazy For Cats (Zaandam July 22 to July 29)

1 day for Dfish (Zaandam July 22 to 29, July 29 to August 23) celebrating her Sister’s retirement and Dfish’s birthday

1 day for NextOne (Zuiderdam July 22 to August 25)

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23), Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta to Aug 1)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 16

National Junk Food Day?? And to think I was just getting ready to head out to the grocery store to buy salad stuff for next week's lunches...

Honey, we gotta rethink the shopping list. It's National Junk Food Day! 😊

Edited by POA1
Typo. No coffee yet.
  • Like 10
  • Haha 27

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, and Ann.  Safe travels Debbie and Sue.  Bon Voyage Norseh2o.  Happy Birthday Craig.  Is it time for some "Day without Wine (of the day)" memes.  Scopes was well ahead of his time.  Lots of people here will celebrate Day of the Dog and we all strive to be someone.  I love junk food in moderation.  I like the Tennyson quote.  I'd prefer my meatballs with real meat.  My alternative is a freshly made lido waffle with mixed berry topping as served 5 years ago today on MS Volendam before I disembarked for a cruise tour in Skagway, Alaska, USA,

We had severe storms in the wee hours of the morning but I think they've stopped in time for my weekly Wegmans run.

Roy

• Like 38
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

We had thunderstorms last night but this morning looks bright and cheery.  Today's high is forecast to be 24C (75F).  Sounds good to me.  

We should always strive to Be Someone.  I probably eat too much junk food.  Everyday is dog day here, Bertie Woofster insists on it. 🙂

I like the quote.

I like meatballs, not sure about vegan ones.

I hope the drink is tasty.  Looking forward to learning about today's mystery wine.

We were in Skagway in 2001 on the Volendam, our first cruise.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@Norseh2o Bon Voyage!

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday Craig.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful morning and the ac gets another day of rest.  It's going to be a busy day.  Lots of work projects to transition while I'm out. Mona has an appointment with the vet today. I'll pass on today's meal suggestion and instead I think we will have subs for dinner,  no one wants to cook. @dfish safe travels and we'll see you tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 

We will soon see the cows again. 

20230520_123745.thumb.jpg.08f35b27db95ec35cb15f9854795a602.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone and happy Friday.  Thank-you for our daily report.  We’ll be heading to Squam Lake after work today to spend the weekend with friends.  I’m going to be somebody today, me!  Oh no, more junk food, but who can resist?  A Scooby Snack for all the dogs!  I really like the quote, hope gets us through the darkest days.  I’ll pass on the meal but I know that I’d like the drink.  I really enjoyed our stop in Skagway in 2018, we rented a car and drove to Carcross, a really beautiful drive with a stop overlooking Emerald Lake.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!IMG_2516.thumb.jpeg.300b6dddc4bc5665eb24375884510f28.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone. Happy Friday everyone Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

It is dark and rainy here. I am working from home today. I am also preparing my home for our new addition tomorrow if all works out. I think I tend to celebrate National Junk Food Day every day. I will try vegan meatballs. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

Here are some pictures from Skagway. 

20230531_081550.jpg

20230531_111147.jpg

20230531_122326.jpg

20230531_122346.jpg

20230531_122353.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

I enjoy a good Horchata if having Mexican food for lunch.

One of the MSC cruises that we ware planning on booking for 2024 has changed it's itenarary, dropping Valletta, Malta for Izmir, Turkey. We will probably stick with it.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 31

Good Morning! I will be filling in while Debbie @dfish is enjoying a month on the beautiful Zaandam celebrating a retirement and a birthday.  Today we have vegan meatballs.  Although I am not a vegan (I enjoy yogurt and cheese) and not even a vegetarian (I eat seafood), I frequently make meatless meals.  I don’t enjoy the pre-prepared meatless products; they are overly processed and frequently include ingredients that I can’t even pronounce.  I am going to start with a recipe that was a hit with my carnivore DH.

Best Vegan Meatballs These meatballs are made with black beans and quinoa.  They are quick to assemble using a food processor.  This recipe adds marinara sauce to amp up the flavor.  Delicious served over pasta.  Honestly, DH didn’t know they were meatless until I told him.

Cn1e15ViI4oJsiUg3Tt9OfnXe5iAGarRIkbRy5-9b5VJTeHNkRX4TCS1JNt_cQMuulY-nc1RJgSEDNxjFhC7H6Jt_OUIvSzmlmLXrKxp2Xj98yOMPjIMWoxexGPTyWjMwgZUhRred8qSEyJCIm0XxOY

These 5 ingredient vegan meatballs are made with beans and oats.  I like this recipe because it suggests alternatives to Italian flavorings: teriyaki, sweet & sour, Swedish.

O_LVzg3HXAWjOT4fHEUmdquk_S6hJkhgvRGeMqHGybLZtSfT0-AwC6smVpe6mZ7Qxp52NgPOG-nsqc6Q1K0lere7QwAVEnykMytWvSGOvihbLGoirK9vWQCtx7PZvKR0aclF0_tYgV-B5V-Pp7IMGio

This Vegan Meatballs recipe contains mushrooms and walnuts. They would be delicious on a sub.

oqtG6tVTMviRqJgo75uD6_7qBhgN134bz9HcsRKOdau4Um56BAkitqX4ywpyYwvXnoJ6njQ2dvkmMTrFKrJca9eK_ebu-SLo8uOFMJnXCIQ0Geps_Sx0dYWiSvw53c5AAexU7CT9K9leZgXKmvQDOI0

I noticed many passed on the meal before recipes were even posted.  Good for you @Denise T for saying you would give them a try. I encourage everyone to try a meatless meal once a week.  It is better for your health and for the planet.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

13 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Good morning, everyone. Happy Friday everyone Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

It is dark and rainy here. I am working from home today. I am also preparing my home for our new addition tomorrow if all works out. I think I tend to celebrate National Junk Food Day every day. I will try vegan meatballs. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

Here are some pictures from Skagway. 

20230531_081550.jpg

20230531_111147.jpg

20230531_122326.jpg

20230531_122346.jpg

20230531_122353.jpg

Interesting pictures Denise.

• Like 14

Good morning, everyone!

@Sharon in AZ  Happy Birthday to Craig!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.ba3dcdf302ef78ea18584eb1e917c8f4.jpg

We are all packed here in mid-Michigan.  Our ride to the airport will be here for a 10:00 am departure.  Thank you to everyone wishing us a good and safe trip.  @Crazy For Cats we can't wait to see you tomorrow!  It feels a bit unreal to me right now, but once we get to Boston I'm sure it will be more real.  

Thank you again to Tina @0106.  I know I have left you all in very capable hands.  

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  I am somebody as we all are.   No dogs to celebrate in this house, my last one passed NYD 2001.   Last year we would have celebrated National Junk Food day but we gained so much weight on the Volendam we are still sticking to diets.  A nice quote and I have been to today's port in September 2016.  I love meat meatballs.   I will wait to find what a Horchata is.  I'll come up with another wine today. Thanks for the Daily Reports Rich.   

@Norseh2o  Bon Voyage!   image.jpeg.c7ee5c3803bafd38a7ea6589f232d232.jpeg

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations Report!    Prayers for Baby Murphy, everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.   

Today's wine is Beringer Knight's Valley enjoyed on the Zuiderdam December 2019 before the world started falling apart.   It is usually around $30 a bottle but can be found in sales sometimes in the mid-$20 range.   We are enjoying it with Yankee Pot Roast.  We agreed that the food that year on the Zuiderdam was nowhere near as good as on the old Rotterdam.  

Yankee pot Roast.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Since that didn't work, let's just post the links for our port of the day.  Surely that isn't the objection!

The port of the day is Skagway, Alaska.  We enjoyed this port before on July 30, 2021.  Also on July 31, 2022 our port was listed as Haines (Skagway), Alaska.  We had quite a few nice photos of Skagway the first time, so I didn't post any since I came in later that day. 

If you posted your Skagway photos on July 31, 2022 here is the link to that date.  Haines had its own date on May 17, 2021.

Stay cool out there!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Every day is day of the dog here 😉. Oh dear on junk food day - as if there isn’t enough of it already 😂 

I like the Tennyson quote.  We can all hope for things to be happier.

Well, since Roy @rafinmd suggested it - here we go 😂  You can blame him with his suggestion LOL

IMG_0815.jpeg.56449c883b3581b85ea8ebf76ab23ea1.jpeg

Bon Voyage @Norseh2o.

IMG_3409.jpeg.543c1e3c9dc1a8eb27c655589b19b9c7.jpeg

A very happy birthday to Craig - @Sharon in AZ ‘s DH. 

IMG_9960.gif.a98bba92a6fce5b787d0b74e735aaa59.gif

My day was off to a bad start.  A ‘surprise’ in the kitchen which I still can’t figure out why.  Then the Future Cruise Listing.  Why can’t people just supply the information I need especially when they post right before I am about to post the update?  Guess I’ve been doing this job too long.  Ok, vent over.

IMG_0814.jpeg.f5f2c807e1fc3693c4c09fc76f4f5e21.jpeg

At least I got the new name tags done yesterday.  DD DH always laughed that I made too many invites for the M & G.  Well, not this time.  I did another 30 and if that doesn’t do the trick, too bad so sad.  I’m out of supplies.

IMG_0813.jpeg.991d691045866b782afba3c32366413d.jpeg

Another hot, humid one unless it rains and then it will be a wet, hot, humid one.  LOL.  Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses and health challenges and all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_0812.jpeg.f4561f26bb68669411e2bca0fb975fb3.jpeg

Have a great Friday everyone.

• Like 33
  • Haha 7