Oasis pools. Hearing bad things

I know it’s a big ship and I know it’s a lot of people. But I’m hearing that you can’t even get anywhere near the pools and I’m going in two weeks. Granted, I know I’m not on the cruise just for the pools but we like to spend the majority of the day in the water. I’ve never been on a ship this big and it’s starting to freak me out a little bit. What about the lines for the waterslides and stuff? Are they just as bad? I just wanna sit down and relax. it’s been a hell of a few months. I don’t even have a balcony to sit out on. Yes I’m on a cruise and I’m grateful so please don’t slam me lol. Just looking for a little reassurance from someone.

As long as you are outside by 8 AM or so, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding chairs by the pools. Lines for water slides are usually pretty long on sea days, which is common to all Oasis class ships. If I was going on a cruise to sit down and relax, I definitely wouldn’t go on an Oasis class ship. Just my opinion, but I think Quantum and Radiance class ships are much more conducive to relaxing. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

I just wanna sit down and relax

Plenty of places.   Good one is in Solarium on the Solarium Bistro patio with tables and chairs, we often go there as I don't want a lot of sun, peaceful and usually plenty of beds, loungers etc.  There are two levels, you may have to go up around the bar, but plenty of seating with or without sun...believe me there's no problem unless you have to be on the main pool deck.  That's where it can get crowded.  This pic is Allure but basically the same.  The bar is in the middle upstairs, LOTS of seating up there. We usually sit to the left under the second floor  Great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQLj3XZeD0

null_zps2f0bf001.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

Keep in mind most people only post about their negative experience. If they had good time, they usually say nothing. That being said  , crowded pool areas in the summer on an Oasis class are the norm. It's a family ship.

I like the outdoor area that is in the front of the Solarium.    We never had a problem finding a lounge chair to sunbath.   They are a couple of day beds there as well.  And bar server was serving this area on a regular basis on sea days.    If you want to dunk into the water then a short walk to a small pool in the solarium is what I did.    

Just stepped off the Harmony this morning. The pool will be crowded. On sea days we were able to find chairs close to the pool around 9:00 AM. Any later and it will be a struggle. However there are plenty of chairs around with a slight walk to the pool. We were on a sold out cruise and enjoyed the pool each sea day with very little effort. Hope you have a great cruise. 

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Plenty of places.   Good one is in Solarium on the Solarium Bistro patio with tables and chairs, we often go there as I don't want a lot of sun, peaceful and usually plenty of beds, loungers etc.  There are two levels, you may have to go up around the bar, but plenty of seating with or without sun...believe me there's no problem unless you have to be on the main pool deck.  That's where it can get crowded.  This pic is Allure but basically the same.  The bar is in the middle upstairs, LOTS of seating up there. We usually sit to the left under the second floor  Great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQLj3XZeD0

null_zps2f0bf001.jpg

That’s where you will find me on Oasis October 24, 2024 transatlantic!🌈

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sweetsue5680 said:

That’s where you will find me on Oasis October 24, 2024 transatlantic!🌈

We love Oasis Class transatlantics. Great weather, sailing at 75% capacity and short at least 1500 kids. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 3