Confused About Princess Plus Package

Tiggipaws

$12 limit was the old package that was updated to $15. If you purchased your plus at the the older rate (that cost less), your drink limit will be $12. You can pay the difference for any thing over the limit. 

I was trying to find information on the price difference between the old plus plan and the new plus plan. Does anyone know what it is per day? I couldn't seem to upgrade on the website. Just wondering if it's worth it for better drinks and the hotly debated ice cream sundaes 🤣

28 minutes ago, cjpj said:

$12 limit was the old package that was updated to $15. If you purchased your plus at the the older rate (that cost less), your drink limit will be $12.

irrespective of when you bought the Plus package your drink limit is $15

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjpj said:

$12 limit was the old package that was updated to $15. If you purchased your plus at the the older rate (that cost less), your drink limit will be $12. You can pay the difference for any thing over the limit. 

Sorry to have to correct you, but good news for the OP because the drink price limit is $15.

PS - The App is notoriously bad at times and their IT has not caught up to the task, or PCL decided to continue to show what was purchased.  Policy beats whatever the App says.

Bar prices increased, so guests are getting approximately what they did before at the old bar prices.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktcishot said:

I was trying to find information on the price difference between the old plus plan and the new plus plan. Does anyone know what it is per day? I couldn't seem to upgrade on the website. Just wondering if it's worth it for better drinks and the hotly debated ice cream sundaes 🤣

$60usd per night for mew Plus with desserts, exercise classes, free medallion shipping (location dependent).   Everyone with Plus, regardless of when purchased, has the $15 drink price cap.. 

$80usd per night for new Premier 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ktcishot said:

I thought that too, but just noticed on my app that doesn't seem to be the case

Screenshot_20230724-070020.png

We had a 28 day cruise in April and a 7 day cruise this month that were both booked when the Plus Package was $40 per day.  Drinks priced up to $15 dollars were fully covered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also purchased the "Old" Princess Plus before the price went up.  Interestingly enough, when I look online in the Cruise Planner and in the app, I have TWO entries for Princess Plus, one with the old benefits and one with all of the new benefits (including the $15/drink and the premium desserts).  I just had to scroll down in the Packages screen in the app.

Frederick

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

I also purchased the "Old" Princess Plus before the price went up.  Interestingly enough, when I look online in the Cruise Planner and in the app, I have TWO entries for Princess Plus, one with the old benefits and one with all of the new benefits (including the $15/drink and the premium desserts).  I just had to scroll down in the Packages screen in the app.

Frederick

#us-also

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

We had a 28 day cruise in April and a 7 day cruise this month that were both booked when the Plus Package was $40 per day.  Drinks priced up to $15 dollars were fully covered.

We have been on 3 cruises since the change all with the old plan and drinks up to $15 have been coveted no reason to worry 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ktcishot said:

I was just told by my TA that you would have to pay $10/pp/day to get the $15 limit on drinks

Just now, CruznTheWorld said:

Was told by my TA, that we would have to pay $10/pp/day to get the $15 drink limit

Your TA is wrong.  I don't understand why you don't believe the many posters who have sailed with the lower priced package and received the up to $15/drink inclusion.

• Like 5

Hmmm ok so I guess I'll just have to wait and see 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  my cruise leaves in 10 days. It's probably most cost effective for me to just pay the difference in drink costs. I'll have to do some menu research 😀

1 minute ago, CruznTheWorld said:

Was told by my TA, that we would have to pay $10/pp/day to get the $15 drink limit

The execution of the "new and old" packages is horrendous. In some cases people with the old package are limited to what they bought at the time, and other cases it doesn't matter. I had the old package, called my Princess rep to get the new package and she quoted me a price that was lower than what I originally paid for the old package, so I was happy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruznTheWorld said:

I was just told by my TA that you would have to pay $10/pp/day to get the $15 limit on drinks

3 minutes ago, CruznTheWorld said:

I know we don't name TA's here, but how expert are they with Princess.  You have a community of experts here who will get you the correct info.  Sure, the odd post may be outdated or whatever, but once you see a few of us chime in, you can take it as gospel pretty much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ktcishot said:

The real question is whether or not I'll be shelling out $12 for my kids to get those crazy sundaes 🤣🤦‍♀️

Keep them away from the stand?  LOL.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 2

IGNORE the outdated and idiotic info in the app. The Princess web site clearly states up to $15 for most cruises and up to $22 for Australian cruises (because they are in AUD rather than USD). This comes up over and over and over and over. If I can find the info on the Princess web site others "should" be able to do so as well. If just looking here on CC there must be a bazillion (okay, exaggeration here) posts clarifying this point.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

IGNORE the outdated and idiotic info in the app. The Princess web site clearly states up to $15 for most cruises and up to $22 for Australian cruises (because they are in AUD rather than USD). This comes up over and over and over and over. If I can find the info on the Princess web site others "should" be able to do so as well. If just looking here on CC there must be a bazillion (okay, exaggeration here) posts clarifying this point.

Are you suggesting that the App is wrong?  Inconceivable!!  😜

Frederick

1 hour ago, fsdorado said:

Are you suggesting that the App is wrong?  Inconceivable!!  😜

Frederick

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya The Princess Bride

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3