Holland America Line Launches Onboard Credit Offer for AARP Members

LMaxwell

On 7/24/2023 at 3:45 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Darn it,I don't have that one, but when I'm ready for it I know who I'll be asking for a reference 🙂

I have Alaska Air card, so if either of you end up wanting to get, let me know and I’ll refer you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pmjnh said:

My TA was told ny HAL that AARP OBC was not combinable with the Teacher OBC. They applied the AARP because it was greater amount  than the teacher. This was on an existing booking . 

So you did get AARP OBC on a booking?

19 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

other than asking my PCC to send me a new cruise confirmation, how do you know if you have received one of the community OB benefites (ie: the Teacher, Military, AARP, University of Washington or CCL) According to our PCC - HAL populates it but I can't find where you can find the credit on the website or app - and always have to ask my PCC to send me an updated one.) This has always been cryptic to me!

2 hours ago, boze9999 said:

other than asking my PCC to send me a new cruise confirmation, how do you know if you have received one of the community OB benefites (ie: the Teacher, Military, AARP, University of Washington or CCL) According to our PCC - HAL populates it but I can't find where you can find the credit on the website or app - and always have to ask my PCC to send me an updated one.) This has always been cryptic to me!

You don't see it on the HAL site or app, so you're correct - you have to ask for an updated invoice. You don't see it until you're onboard  It's one of those annoying little things (for me) about their site.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

7 hours ago, KruisinKath said:

I have Alaska Air card, so if either of you end up wanting to get, let me know and I’ll refer you!

Thanks Kathy, once I got home and reviewed the info I just don’t think Alaska Air is going to work for me.  Besides Seattle they simply don’t fly nonstop anywhere else from my location.  I do appreciate the offer.  @BermudaBound2014 I am still thinking about which card.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

yes, but I have not received it in writing yet..I was told that it would take a few days to show up on my booking confirmation with my TA. 

On 7/24/2023 at 2:12 PM, zelker said:

Not sure why, Dave.  We have the same scenario (bookings originally made under my Mariner #, we share the AARP account) and had no problem submitting mine first and immediately did John's after and it worked fine.  If it still doesn't work, maybe log into your AARP account to make sure you both show up on the same account?

They wouldn’t give the credit twice for one stateroom would they? 

12 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

They wouldn’t give the credit twice for one stateroom would they? 

No, this OBC is per stateroom but some of us sail solo occasionally or sail with other family members

9 hours ago, pmjnh said:

yes, but I have not received it in writing yet..I was told that it would take a few days to show up on my booking confirmation with my TA. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:55 AM, pmjnh said:

My TA was told ny HAL that AARP OBC was not combinable with the Teacher OBC. They applied the AARP because it was greater amount  than the teacher. This was on an existing booking . 

I received an email confirmation from HAL, not SheerID, to call in to have the AARP OBC added to my bookings. It specifically said to go through TA and PCC for those bookings, but to call them for the others.

I got emails w/updated invoices before I hung up, so they are applying it.

One call out - I only got $100 no matter the length of the cruise, even though the program details shows $200 for 10+ nights.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I received an email confirmation from HAL, not SheerID, to call in to have the AARP OBC added to my bookings. It specifically said to go through TA and PCC for those bookings, but to call them for the others.

I got emails w/updated invoices before I hung up, so they are applying it.

One call out - I only got $100 no matter the length of the cruise, even though the program details shows $200 for 10+ nights.

My TA is calling for me as I had some other business with HAL today.  I will let you know the results.  

• Like 2

Just now, Mary229 said:

My TA is calling for me as I had some other business with HAL today.  I will let you know the results.  

Thanks - I didn't bother to ask about getting the amount adjusted,  I was just happy to get it since it was to be new bookings only. So I decided to accept the gift and move on.

If you are able to get the full amount, I may call back in. 🙂

• Like 2

I went to the HAL website to look at the fine print.  Was wondering if it applied to those who booked at an interliner rate.  It didn't mention that as an exclusion, but did have typical weasel words like other exclusions or other terms and conditions may apply.  Does anyone know?

Ray

13 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks Kathy, once I got home and reviewed the info I just don’t think Alaska Air is going to work for me.  Besides Seattle they simply don’t fly nonstop anywhere else from my location.  I do appreciate the offer.  @BermudaBound2014 I am still thinking about which card.  

No worries at all!

On 7/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, crystalspin said:

I think what is happening is re-faring in cases where it doesn't effect the price of cruise already booked. What I hope to do on Thursday! 

Looks like I won't be making that call. My VoV booking went up $8250 (total) since yesterday!

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Join the club !!! Ours went up almost 4K!!

I have seen people report price jumps when new promotionals launch, but never experienced one. Maybe (?) this has nothing to do with the AARP kick off. Fortunately we are happily booked and don't "need" the $200 OBC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I have seen people report price jumps when new promotionals launch, but never experienced one. Maybe (?) this has nothing to do with the AARP kick off. Fortunately we are happily booked and don't "need" the $200 OBC.

Same here crystialspim!

Have a good nite

🌺Denise

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I think it is not AARP, I think HAL has a new aggressive dynamic pricing model .   Once a cruise or even a category on a cruise reaches an occupancy threshold the higher pricing kicks in.  I am equally sure that near sailing the price will likely drop, that is speculation.  Since they are using a new algorithm I hope we may see a bidding routine introduced for upsells instead of the current clunky system. 

Wording regarding the AARP OBC offer on HAL's site has been updated at the bottom of the page -

Offer is for new bookings only. Offer is available on select voyages. Offer excludes Grand World Voyages. Offer and/or its terms may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2