EZ Air Southwest Restricted Fare

lhsail

Was surprised to see EZ Air fares for SW listed as restricted. Anyone know how that works since SW offers credit back as long as you cancel?  Some pretty good prices compared to direct booking. 

My best guess.  You are paying EZ Air.  They pay Southwest.  You probably won’t get your money/travel credit returned being that it is a restricted price and monies are due upon booking.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My best guess.  You are paying EZ Air.  They pay Southwest.  You probably won’t get your money/travel credit returned being that it is a restricted price and monies are due upon booking.  

Called today and was told it was simply a restricted fare, no changes or refunds. Have to decide if the savings are worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

Called today and was told it was simply a restricted fare, no changes or refunds. Have to decide if the savings are worth it. 

It would have to be alot cheaper to make it worth it for me. I fly SW frequently and some of the reasons are no baggage fees and almost complete flexibility to change and cancel as needed

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, lhsail said:

Was surprised to see EZ Air fares for SW listed as restricted. Anyone know how that works since SW offers credit back as long as you cancel?  Some pretty good prices compared to direct booking. 

Most of the time I have seen higher or similar pricing with restricted.  I would never book restricted with EZ-Air.  Takes away all the advantages of EZ-Air - namely can re-fare or even switch carriers for better deal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Most of the time I have seen higher or similar pricing with restricted.  I would never book restricted with EZ-Air.  Takes away all the advantages of EZ-Air - namely can re-fare or even switch carriers for better deal.

I would generally agree, but that’s not the case this time. We have some credit on SW and will probably just use that. 

56 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Most of the time I have seen higher or similar pricing with restricted.  I would never book restricted with EZ-Air.  Takes away all the advantages of EZ-Air - namely can re-fare or even switch carriers for better 

Edited by lhsail
Dup

I am blown away to hear that they offer flights from Southwest. I always thought the only way to book Southwest flights was to book directly with the company. I've never had Southwest pop up as an option when I've checked flights and left the airline open to any that had flights. I guess it was never the best option. I would never book a restricted fare through EZ Air. There would be no point in using EZ Air. I use it for the flexibility and, while it doesn't seem to be the case anymore, for the amazingly low fare I found internationally. We once booked flights via EZ air that were just under 10% of the cost anywhere else for the same flights - Just over $500 each rather than over $5,000 each for the exact same flights. (I had hoped to find that still the case for our flights to Australia later this year but no such luck. I'm guessing those days are likely gone for good but I will still always check.)

• Like 1