New Menus coming soon??

28 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Did they put the franks and beans 🫘 back ?
How about the PBJ and the egg 🥚 salad ?

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to all our meals in the MDR on our October cruise on the Eclipse. Including a 'burger at the Mast Grill on our one sea day.  

Edited by davehathy

Reading both positive and negative reviews it seems like the E class are offering better selection and quality in their MDR’s compared to M or S class.

This is not typical with most cruise lines, newer/larger ships have more venues but the core MDR menus are fleet wide.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

This is the typical food thread.  Diners in MDR note the decline.  Diners in suites say it isn't so because they ordered an MDR item while in Luminae.

I would suppose that those sailing in suites, if they had to order exclusively off of the MDR menu and dine exclusively in the MDR might have been more in line with the MDR diners' reviews.

Diners in Luminae get to cherry pick the menu.

Our last cruise I ordered Prime Rib from the MDR menu in Luminae. The PR was great, med rare 1" to 1-1/2 thick. Luminae food was ok.

13 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Reading both positive and negative reviews it seems like the E class are offering better selection and quality in their MDR’s compared to M or S class.

This is not typical with most cruise lines, newer/larger ships have more venues but the core MDR menus are fleet wide.

The fares are usually higher on the newer ships , just another money grab by RCCL. 

34 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Our last cruise I ordered Prime Rib from the MDR menu in Luminae. The PR was great, med rare 1" to 1-1/2 thick. Luminae food was ok.

Here's the prime rib on our Infinity cruise is June:

PXL_20230524_165750940.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I would agree with that. Honestly lots of people rave about Blu but my experience of the food in Blu in March on Summit was not great - the food in MDR on Beyond was better. At least that was my experience.

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I tend to agree. The newer ships have better food options.

we just got off the Equinox. We've sailed her 3 times before and sail in Aqua. While the servers are wonderful, there has been a noticeable decline in the food quality. We bought a 3-night dining package. I was rather dismayed that, although good, the food even in the specialty restaurants has declined over the years.

We certainly didn't go hungry, but have noticed all the recent cuts. New sailers likely don't notice and we, long-time/loyal cruisers, aren't the current demographic....so I doubt they care much what I think.

The "cheerleaders" say X has to make up for all the lost revenue from CV19. While partially true, I tend to believe that it made for a perfect excuse to do something they were planning to do all along. As I heave a sigh, we are planning more land-based vacations. X is losing its draw for us.

YMMV

• Like 8

Just off Summit 2 weeks ago, first time on Celebrity and sailed Aqua Class. We found Blu hit or miss and I agree the short ribs were terrible. My steak was over cooked, but that happens when cooking large quantities. DH was very disappointed when he ordered the scallop appetizer and received only one scallop. I did order between MDR and Blu and mixed and matched. We enjoyed the food in the OVC and choose to eat there 2 nights instead of dressing up for Blu.

We did enjoy the cruise but found the Summit too small and lacking in entertainment. I have to say it was the best service by staff we have ever had on a ship. Probably will return to RCL Oasis class as Coastal Kitchen is hard to beat. Just wanted to share an honest opinion of a first time celebrity cruiser. 

• Like 3

seems it is a poular choice,  l  but I am not sure why people order pizza on cruises..it just isn't like Italy,  NY, NJ, Chicago or any hometown pizza.

Even Fla pizza is better!

best is home made...

Edited by hcat
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, hcat said:

best is home made...

Funny that you say that......on our cruise our group mentioned several times over that the food at home was markedly better than on the cruise ship!

My sister said more times than once, "mine is better"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

seems it is a poular choice,  l  but I am not sure why people order pizza on cruises..it just isn't like NY, NJ, Chicago or any hometown pizza.

Even Fla pizza is better!

best is home made...

Because people like pizza 

it could be an afternoon snack with friends outside at OVC 

• Like 2

We just got off the Equinox two weeks ago. The food in the MDH was great. PR on first night was the best I have had on 69 cruises on X. Two things were not on menus were no lamb chops and no Lobster. But what was there was very good. 

Bookings for X have been very good. In another post, the earnings were listed for RC. So the executive office must be ok with the direction they are taking as long as bookings and earnings satisfy Wall Street and debt is paid down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Because people like pizza 

it could be an afternoon snack with friends outside at OVC 

guess so but we do.not care for cruise pizza..it just misses the mark for us

.but we are spoiled!

concede it is quite popular...quick and not fussy!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Looks like more than enough for one person 

But absolutely nowhere near as impressive looking as in the old days. And by that, I mean from 2008 through 2021. That included 18 on X for me, all three classes of ship. Next three saw the decline, Oct. 2022, Dec.2023, and March 2023.

And I think at least one of those predate the new CEO. 

I ordered the prime rib, without fail, on embarkation day dinner, every single time.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2023 at 3:18 AM, CulverCityCruisers said:

I know that you guys cruise on X a lot, but have you been on an S class ship of late and maybe know about the MDR diner food.  Off Summit recently and we were very dissapointed in the major decline in the quality of food and the offerings.  Any fed back?

We were on the Eclipse in March (hadn't cruised since 2018, but had been on Celebrity several times before this). I felt the quality of the food in the MDR wasn't to the same standard as before, everything was edible, but nothing was a wow. The guests sitting next to us, seemed to have a problem with their meal every night, from flavourless soup, to tough steak. 

We went to both Tuscan and Le Petit, and couldn't fault the food, but we didn't receive any discounts. So paying AUD $100 each extra (that's converted to our local currency) adds a huge expense.

The buffet, I thought it was much better than previously. Ever changing variety, food always fresh, great presentation, and the desserts we actually edible (ok, I'm a bit picky on the desserts as a pastry chef 🤣)but I've read many people say they don't bother with the desserts on Celebrity. 

10 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I think that in my opinion, as a frequent X cruiser, it is the frequent cruisers that notice the decline.  If you are sailing for the first time on X you wont notice any decline.

on Summit recently, an hour and a half before the buffet was to shut down the carving station was out of fresh turkey, and we were informed that there was no more available as " we just are not cooking as much as we did before, the station is gonna close"  In addition, there is no longer fresh turkey at the salad bar as a topping, but rather some chopped , pressed and formed mystery meat that they informed us was "turkey"

Just sad as X is advertising that favorites are returning to the dinning room, but I think the focus is on the new E class ships only   Just my opinion!

Sad is a good word for it. I’ve cruised X 21 times. The first 17 or 18, the food was so “up my alley”, but now I am ramping down my expectations for Dec., big time. I hope we’ll be laughing about it. 

• Like 2