Are Coffee Cards still available?

secretcastle

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

That is  strange we are Elite and the only benefits we have lost is the bag of toiletries.  Out platinum Internet benefit changed from some free minutes to 50% discount on unlimited.  A couple of things have become obsolete with the changes in embarkation and disembarkation over the years.  10% excursion credit was added. On my last 22 day cruise they saved us over $700 during the cruise.

we do not buy packages, and some of the lose value for those that do.

Elites get a bar set up in their room but it no longer can be exchanged for two coffee cards.

6 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Elites get a bar set up in their room but it no longer can be exchanged for two coffee cards.

This claim has been debunked a hundred times.  Princess cancelled the old coffee card program years ago.  Then they cancelled the electronic coffee package.  There was/is no program left to exchange to.  So it is not a loss of Elite benefit, but a loss of a package and different packsges in place of.  We still have our minibar and we can still exchange. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

The Elite benefit is the minibar setup.  Which still exists.  You can still swap it for water, other alcohol, soft drinks, etc.  However, it is rather difficult to swap it for something that no longer exists

So the Elite benefit is unchanged.  The entire coffee card program no longer exists.

Edited by ldtr

46 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This claim has been debunked a hundred times.  Princess cancelled the old coffee card program years ago.  Then they cancelled the electronic coffee package.  There was/is no program left to exchange to.  So it is not a loss of Elite benefit, but a loss of a package and different packsges in place of.  We still have our minibar and we can still exchange. 

On our transatlantic in mid March (Sky) we were not allowed to exchange for coffee cards.  We were allowed to exchange for bottle of wine, or all soda or all water.  You could also ask to change reg soda for diet and gin for vodka, etc.  But no more coffee cards.  We were allowed to exchange for coffee cards on earlier March 14 day cruise(Emerald) It was not a card but put on our Medallion.

Edited by BRANDEE

14 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The Elite benefit is the minibar setup.  Which still exists.  You can still swap it for water, other alcohol, soft drinks, etc.  However, it is rather difficult to swap it for something that no longer exists

So the Elite benefit is unchanged.  The entire coffee card program no longer exists.

As of mid March, Elites ability to exchange the mini bar from liquor to coffee package changed. I see that as benefit taken away.  Our next cruise we went to plus plan so it will not matter to us..just unused liquor left behind.  Also, Elites no longer receive cruise reward OBC after 20 cruises.  These are all perks/gifts, that are appreciated but can be taken away whenever Princess pleases. Just like one person can no longer get Military OBC and Stock OBC for the same cruise.

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

As of mid March, Elites ability to exchange the mini bar from liquor to coffee package changed. I see that as benefit taken away.  Our next cruise we went to plus plan so it will not matter to us..just unused liquor left behind.  Also, Elites no longer receive cruise reward OBC after 20 cruises.  These are all perks/gifts, that are appreciated but can be taken away whenever Princess pleases. Just like one person can no longer get Military OBC and Stock OBC for the same cruise.

The coffee card program is gone, terminated, history after Feb.

You cannot trade for something that nolinger exists.

However the Elite benefit is the mini bar setup itself, that benefit still exists.

In the past they allowed trading for coffee cards because the program existed.

Now the coffee program does not exist so trade nolonger possible.

The Elite benefit ins and was the minibar setup itself.

The loyalty was not an Elite benefit. It was part of additional items outside of the  Captains circle tiers. Some were published some were not. Milestone cruises, loyalty obc and most traveled luncheons were part of those but they were never part of the Elite benefits. of those extras only the most traveled luncheon remains.

Just as shareholder and veteran obc are not Elite benefits they are another program that has no.link to Captains Circle. The Elite benefits are largely the same as they were in 2019 with the exception of internet minutes replaced with discounted unlimited and the bag of toiletries being gone. The rest are basically intact 

Edited by ldtr

We got the plus package because there is no coffee card now and specialty coffees were my holiday treat. We were to become elite after our next September cruise but I have no expectations now that there will even be an elite category by then. Princess is after a different clientele now.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, CanuckCurlers said:

Thanks for the responses but I put LOL because I'd be surprised if Princess would honour anything with all the new changes. We've lost all the Platinum benefits and will be elite after our September cruise so I expect those benefits to be gone by then too.

Princess has cut out almost all loyalty benefits.  Loyalty is a thing of the past with Princess, and all cruise lines generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 9:15 AM, CanuckCurlers said:

We got the plus package because there is no coffee card now and specialty coffees were my holiday treat. We were to become elite after our next September cruise but I have no expectations now that there will even be an elite category by then. Princess is after a different clientele now.

My favorite Elite benefits that aren't going anywhere:

1. Priority tender -- immediately got on tenders in Cabo & Maui .... I was actually back before some got off the 1st time in Maui

2. Laundry -- they do it or I get comped tokens for machines & products. Really important on multi-week cruises as I pack in a carryon

3. Minibar -- traditionally book Standard and trade for a bottle of wine

4. Priority boarding -- yes it's a thing. Continental breakfast while I wait to get onboard

5. 1/2 off wifi. Perhaps irrelevant if booking Plus or Premier but I like it

6. Free wine tasting

There are other benefits but this isn't a response about all, just my favs 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My favorite Elite benefits that aren't going anywhere:

1. Priority tender -- immediately got on tenders in Cabo & Maui .... I was actually back before some got off the 1st time in Maui

2. Laundry -- they do it or I get comped tokens for machines & products. Really important on multi-week cruises as I pack in a carryon

3. Minibar -- traditionally book Standard and trade for a bottle of wine

4. Priority boarding -- yes it's a thing. Continental breakfast while I wait to get onboard

5. 1/2 off wifi. Perhaps irrelevant if booking Plus or Premier but I like it

6. Free wine tasting

There are other benefits but this isn't a response about all, just my favs 

We have two cruises booked before all this curfuffle for next year so I shall be very pleasantly surprised if all these still exist by then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Hmmm.... didn't know about that one.  Usually, I have my breakfast in the morning before heading to the ship but it's hard to pass up a 'free meal' after having paid my fare.  How is this done?  Do they just herd the Elite pax into a dedicated area where the goodies are available?

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:
6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Hmmm.... didn't know about that one.  Usually, I have my breakfast in the morning before heading to the ship but it's hard to pass up a 'free meal' after having paid my fare.  How is this done?  Do they just herd the Elite pax into a dedicated area where the goodies are available?

Its normally along the wall as I enter the elite boarding area. On the last 2 embarkations (SF and LA) they were checking medallions to make sure everyone was Elite

2 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

We have two cruises booked before all this curfuffle for next year so I shall be very pleasantly surprised if all these still exist by then.

I'm not as cynical as you .... guess that comes from being elite. Look at other lines (RCCL & NCL). They're all finding ways to increase revenue but none are eliminating loyalty perk programs. Yes perks may evolve due to technology (trading minibar still possible)

Forgot to mention separate line at Guest Services.  Yeah this one p****s all non-elite (apparently) as someone will inevitably remind me where the end of the general line is .... and boy is that line long!! (Personally prefer Crew Chat unless it's for replacing the medallion)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Princess has cut out almost all loyalty benefits.  Loyalty is a thing of the past with Princess, and all cruise lines generally.

Rather than go off subject I have posted a more complete response in a different stream comparing Platinum and Elite benefits between 2019 before most of the changes occurred and today.  Very little has changed in the Captains Circle benefits.

Also listed those that were outside of the Elite benefits that have changed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2954882-comparison-of-princess-platinum-and-elite-benefits-between-2019-and-today/

19 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Rather than go off subject I have posted a more complete response in a different stream comparing Platinum and Elite benefits between 2019 before most of the changes occurred and today.  Very little has changed in the Captains Circle benefits.

As has been mentioned by myself and many others in several threads, there have been significant loyalty benefits that have been changed or removed entirely.  Can you just move on from this? If you are happy with the benefits reductions, be happy. 

Just now, kywildcatfanone said:

As has been mentioned by myself and many others in several threads, there have been significant loyalty benefits that have been changed or removed entirely.  Can you just move on from this? If you are happy with the benefits reductions, be happy. 

Not as long as some claim that they are all gone or that Princess has removed most of them.  In reality there have been few changes in Elite Benefits or or Platinum benefits.

As long as people makes open ended claims I will post the details on exactly what has changed and what has not.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

Not as long as some claim that they are all gone or that Princess has removed most of them.  In reality there have been few changes in Elite Benefits or or Platinum benefits.

As long as people makes open ended claims I will post the details on exactly what has changed and what has not.

That's true. They like to screw everyone equally. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 2:50 AM, cruiserdf said:

Thank you ..... This is encouraging.  But as we all know this can vary by ship.  Since the Captain's Circle Rep, change to the Events and Loyalty Manager, I found many are less helpful.  Why we always have a copy of the Travel Summary which shows the purchase, did you still receive the card / receipt in your cabin?  Did the Folks at the coffee bar know how to handle the charges?

the coffee didn't appear anywhere but when ordering on the app for a coffee to go it would show the charge as 0. We had no problem at the international cafe where my husband got his coffee every morning, there was never a charge,

On 8/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, Ombud said:

Forgot to mention separate line at Guest Services.  Yeah this one p****s all non-elite (apparently) as someone will inevitably remind me where the end of the general line is .... and boy is that line long!! (Personally prefer Crew Chat unless it's for replacing the medallion)

You should use the Elite Guest Services line on a cruise out of Southampton.  Long lines at the regular line, none in Elite line.  I walked up to stand in front of the Elite sign and a loud voice hollered, You aren't in the "Q".  I told him if he was Elite to please come and get in front of me.  Nothing happened.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1