First time Labadee visit

Would like a nice spot to sit and swim. Not far from ship or included food and drink. Where to go? How to get there? Beach chairs free? Can I walk? Or do I need transportation? Literally no nothing about this location. Just want a nice beach and to swim etc. Thanks.

Labadee is a private RCCL destination.  You walk off the ship, down the  pier and the beaches and activities are there.   It is an extension of the ship, so all the food is brought off the ship and included. There is a Bar B Que  buffet type lunch (hot dogs, burgers, salad, fruit, cookies etc.).  If you have a drink package, you can use it there, or use your sea pass card to purchase a drink. 

The only transportation is an RCCL  tram if you don't want to walk. 

Beach chairs and umbrellas are plentiful on every beach and are free.  You can rent beach beds/clam shells/cabanas if you wish. There are activities, such as zip lining, roller coaster, jet skis, walking tour and more.  Of course you can simply  enjoy the beach and ocean.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

If you want a nice beach at Labadee you need to walk to the farthest beach or take the tram there. It is called Columbus Cove. Unless you are in a suite. The suite beach is pretty good. The beach attendants will try to steer you to the closest beach. The rocky one under the zip line. Don’t go there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

Would like a nice spot to sit and swim. Not far from ship or included food and drink. Where to go? How to get there? Beach chairs free? Can I walk? Or do I need transportation? Literally no nothing about this location. Just want a nice beach and to swim etc. Thanks.

There is a tram that takes you to a couple of drop off points. It is a little past the entrance.

Get a map and look up Nellies Beach. One of the better areas. You could walk also. Food is right near the entrance and past Nellies.

• Thanks 1

Take your time and enjoy the area.  Ride a tram or walk, depends on your abilities.  It's a nice area and walking is good if you can.  Be prepared for aggressive sales people in the market, just stay out if you aren't up to it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Take your time and enjoy the area.  Ride a tram or walk, depends on your abilities.  It's a nice area and walking is good if you can.  Be prepared for aggressive sales people in the market, just stay out if you aren't up to it.  

Can you get to Nellie's Beach and Columbus Cove and avoid the aggressive people? Did you feel safe while at beach/swimming etc?

2 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

Can you get to Nellie's Beach and Columbus Cove and avoid the aggressive people? Did you feel safe while at beach/swimming etc?

Yes on avoiding--take the tram or walk the path that doesn't go through the market.  I have always felt totally safe swimming there.  Columbus Cove as very calm water.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

Yes and yes.  Swimming is safe. There are life guards and a roped area 
Just just stay away from the craft area to avoid pushy sales  people 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

The resort is dedicated to your ship run by Royal Caribbean. There are no random vendors on the beach selling.

There is a "straw market" area and each of the vendors will try to get you to go to their stall. It is all good fun there... and they are there with the permission of Royal Caribbean. We go there to see what's on sale on every stop. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RyderJ201 said:

The entire "island" is totally walkable. There is a tram if you don't want to walk. 

There are no aggressive, in your face, vendors at Labadee. They are all there with the permission of Royal Caribbean, following Royal Caribbean guidelines. If you go into the market, every vendor will say "Hey, I got a question for you",,, trying to get you into their stall. It is fun, not dreadful. You should walk through and see the touristy souvenirs. It is something to see, not avoid,,, I can't emphasize that more, it is something to see, not avoid. 

Starting on Post #97, are photos of some of the beach,,, and yes,,, the Artisan's Village market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

You don’t have to go into the market area that is alongside the path. Just stay on the path. If you think you are going to be tempted you can actually walk a path along the beach that starts at Nellies and not see the vendors market. I don’t go to Nellies because the seabed in the water has had some kind of sea grass at the bottom and they have had the Kayaks and jet skies there which disturbs my tranquility. I go straight to Columbus Cove. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

image.thumb.png.b7e340841458bef6d2d4338415e1b619.png

Just posted this photo in another thread, but Columbus Cove is our favorite spot.  Beautiful beach looking out at the ship as the backdrop.  Close to food and restrooms too.

Plus, Dragon's Breathe is pretty cool.

• Thanks 1