What is your pet peeve(s) with Holland America ?

scubacruiserx2

Called Holland yesterday ro reming them that there is no protocol when it comes to handicap ,then suites & Club Orange to board first  in the San Diego  port . more people need to phone Holland America to reming them & then we could see a change

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 1:55 AM, Despegue said:

One irritating thing is the complete confusion regarding the Signature Drink Package and its 15 drinks limit.

it has always heem 15 ALCOHOLIC drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic, but it seems that recently, Corporate has decided that it is 15 drinks total, which is completely ridiculous. ESPECIALLY knowing that Parent Carnival has the same package, Cheers!, onboard their Carnival ships, where for  around the same price, you have a limit of indeed 15 alcoholic drinks but UNLIMITED non-alcoholic, just as originally designed.

I believe if you get the Elite package non-alcoholic doesn't count towards the 15.

None of my group was able to hit 15 anything on this last cruise... and that includes 2 x 20 somethings.

If you can do more than 15 - you will certainly be well hydrated.

My bigger issue with either package is it is difficult to keep tabs on where you are to the 15.  But like I said, we might have hit 10 one day so it wasn't a true concern for us

Edited by VermeulT

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Called Holland yesterday ro reming them that there is no protocol when it comes to handicap ,then suites & Club Orange to board first  in the San Diego  port . more people need to phone Holland America to reming them & then we could see a change

You forgot 4 and 5 star and President’s club status for priority boarding. 

On 8/9/2023 at 10:03 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Good questions.

In their press release HAL said that, while the LCS current agreement was being terminated, they were working out a new agreement with Lincoln Center to have a "traveling ensemble" that would perform "on a rotating basis" in the main stage rather than in a smaller venue. They said this new incarnation should be up and running by "summer at the latest". 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/recent-articles/whats-new/holland-america-line-strengthens-commitment-to-the-best-live-music-at-sea/

Well, time has gone by. There has been no further announcement from HAL, but their website has been edited to suggest that LCS is only "on select cruises". A very few cruises have had a classical duo or performer but unclear whether this is tied to the LCS program in any way. Suffice to say that it hasn't been a burning issue for HAL to roll out a new program...

I suppose it will become clearer with time, but have my doubts whether the new program will be as rich (and as available) as the old one.

A number of posters have reported being told onboard that there would be classical music returning in some way. And yet, it's been months and we're not seeing a lot of reports that it HAS returned. I'm beginning to doubt it will return on any but the longest cruises.

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

A number of posters have reported being told onboard that there would be classical music returning in some way. And yet, it's been months and we're not seeing a lot of reports that it HAS returned. I'm beginning to doubt it will return on any but the longest cruises.

I have come to the same conclusion but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

This is the Ravioli that we had on the HAL Nieuw Statendam in 2023

396977690_DSC05535(2).thumb.JPG.a9ba501fcd224955313f8cb7a342fd39.JPG

This is the Ravioli that we had on the Enchanted Princess in 2022 .

2092845765_DSC05288(2).thumb.JPG.6fc76307135b1ef1306dca965b975230.JPG

None of these 2 dishes have anything to do with Ravioli...the Princess one drowned in Pesto and oil  look like Mezzalune? The HAL “creation” just looks like an insult to Italy.