What is your pet peeve(s) with Holland America ?

scubacruiserx2

I went into my HAL account this morning and found it mostly wiped out. It had my name, no address, my next booking was gone and it states I have zero cruise credits. It was basically an account shell for me. I’ll have to call them when they open. Frustrating.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I went into my HAL account this morning and found it mostly wiped out. It had my name, no address, my next booking was gone and it states I have zero cruise credits. It was basically an account shell for me. I’ll have to call them when they open. Frustrating.

This has happened before.  It’s a website glitch.  It will probably be fixed in a few days.  If you are going to call, I’d wait until Monday when all the departments are working.  By then, you might not need to 🤞 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

Same here, but now my booked cruises are restored. (My Mariner level banner is still missing inaction.) It’s probably undergoing some upgrade -  this may have to do with “onboard credits” section. Yesterday it showed that I had a $50 credit (probably the new AARP promo). Today it showed a sail by date in July 2027 for using that credit.

• Like 1

My pet peeve with HAL is when people sit in the Lido FOR HOURS PLAYING CARDS!

They see people walking around looking for a table so they can sit down and eat their meal.  People should be considerate of their fellow passengers!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

They see people walking around looking for a table so they can sit down and eat their meal.  People should be considerate of their fellow passengers!

Sounds like your pet peeve is with the people enjoying their time together, rather than with the cruise line. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

My pet peeve is similar......again, fellow passengers.....

I have no use for chair hogs.....We watch them mark their territory with books, sunglasses and towels while we are eating breakfast by the lido pool and then we watch those prime pieces of real estate being hardly utilized all day.  

(dealing w/both of those situations has to be a "no win" for HAL....not sure you can create a rule for common courtesy.....it's a learned behavior taught by Mother...or not taught, IMO)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

I don't see the point of starting a thread only to solicit negative responses.  And I also don't know why you feel a need to state that 9 of your last 10 cruises were in suites.  🤨

I agree.  I have only been on two HAL cruises and going on my third in December.  I would rather dwell on why I enjoy HAL rather dwell on the negatives.   Every cruise line has their plus’ and negatives.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WriterOnDeck said:

They expect me to leave when my cruise is over. What's with that?

Yes, but for you - "cruise is over" takes a lot longer to arrive than it does for most people 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BetsyS. said:

Amen!  That was biggest complaint on my most recent cruise.  People parking themselves in the Lido during peak meal times. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1