Questions From A Newbie?

GranysT

Sailing Equinox on Sept 10.First cruise with Celebrity. I'm a bit confused, although I've always cruised with Carnival or Royal previously. I have a few questions.

1. Trying to print my boarding documents. Where do I find the luggage tags to print?

2. I'm Elite with Celebrity,crossover as Diamond with Royal. Are we entitled to any free water bottles? If so are they in the cabin, or do we pick them up somewhere?

3.Are the doors in the halls magnetic, so we can use magnets?

4.Is the Express passes I printed, what we use to board? Along with our passports, of course.

I know, I know, we're supposed to use an app. I hate apps. I'm 78 years old and my phone takes calls, makes calls, texts, and snaps few pictures. That's about it. It is not glued to my hand.  It's turned off, in the safe while we cruise. Hey, I am using a computer. that's a huge step for me.

Carrnival and Royal are pushing apps also, but still allow us old farts to use the traditional ways. Any help someone can give me, will be greatly appreciated.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Sailing Equinox on Sept 10.First cruise with Celebrity. I'm a bit confused, although I've always cruised with Carnival or Royal previously. I have a few questions.

1. Trying to print my boarding documents. Where do I find the luggage tags to print?

2. I'm Elite with Celebrity,crossover as Diamond with Royal. Are we entitled to any free water bottles? If so are they in the cabin, or do we pick them up somewhere?

4.Is the Express passes I printed, what we use to board? Along with our passports, of course.

I know, I know, we're supposed to use an app. I hate apps. I'm 78 years old and my phone takes calls, makes calls, texts, and snaps few pictures. That's about it. It is not glued to my hand.  It's turned off, in the safe while we cruise. Hey, I am using a computer. that's a huge step for me.

Carrnival and Royal are pushing apps also, but still allow us old farts to use the traditional ways. Any help someone can give me, will be greatly appreciated.   

I will answer what I know off the top of my head:

1. luggage tags are usually on the last page of your Guest Ticket Booklet

2. I don't think Elites get free bottles of water

3. You will find that magnets will stick to the cabin doors, walls and ceiling.

4. Printed express pass is sufficient in lieu of the app.  One time I was able to board with neither the app nor the express pass (not recommended).

I hope you find your first Celebrity cruise an enjoyable one.

image.png.12d48b14bcc0801e1392c82536439f54.png

Edited by mahdnc

6 minutes ago, GranysT said:

How do I find the last page of Guest booklet? after printing the express passes, there didn't seem to be anything else.

I think you are saying that you don't have the Guest Ticket Booklet?  It should be among the online cruise docs that are available for download.  It is possible that this doc appears later like a month before your sailing date--so that would be on Aug 10.

Edited by mahdnc

42 minutes ago, GranysT said:

=X= (the shorthand for Celebrity, as the Greek letter Chi is the logo) expects you to download the Guest Booklet.  We don't get them in the mail anymore.  Congrats on using a computer.  Baby steps.  Hey, you made it here! 

Magnets did not work on Equinox on the walls of our Sky Suite.  That's after the Revolution refurb.  Not sure about you're cabin.   They work on the doors.  You can get suctions hooks at Target that stick to the glass. 

The =X= app is quite useful for checking daily activities and the menus of each dining venue.   If you don't want to use it, there's still a paper planner (Celebrity Today) delivered to your room. If you want a tech-free cruise experience, you might try Oceania.  No app.  No "non-refundable" fare.  But lots of fliers in the mail.  LOTS.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 2

The Guest Ticket Booklet is also referred to as the e-docs ( electronic documents).

This is available within 30 days of sailing.  Our TA mails us a link to them and we often get a notification from Celebrity when they are ready.

If neither happen you can go to your reservation on line and select Manage Reservation.  On the right side of the screen there will be a link to open you e-docs when they are available.  You can print the entire document but you really don't need to.  The luggage tag is normally the 2nd to the last page of the e-docs.  You can print the tags from there.

• Like 1

I do NOT recommend printing your e-documents. Not needed at all. Yes, luggage tags are usually on the next to last page. We don't use apps either!  You only need the Xpress pass and your passport to check in at the pier. Your photo will be taken there. No need for you to post a photo. We are Pinnacle on RCI and have not been back since our first Celebrity cruise in Dec. 2017. Hope you enjoy your first X cruise as much as we did. In case you have any interest in room service, which used to be no extra charge, the continental breakfast is still available at no charge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GranysT said:

Just curious.  You've been on CC for more than two decades and have 4000+ posts...yet being on a computer is a huge step?  IMHO that sounds like a disconnect.

• Haha 1

We are sailing September2. Our E-docs and luggage tags were available exactly 30 days pre cruise. Log into your account on the computer and when they are ready you will see a link to print luggage tags, or view the e-docs.  If you're not comfortable printing only one page of the e-docs just select the luggage tag link to print the tags.

Since our OP will have Elite Captain's Club status they can attend the Captain's Club happy hour event which is held in various bars across the ship.  They can pick up water bottles there.  

And I hope they have contacted the Celebrity Captain's Club so that their Diamond Royal status will indeed be recognized.

• Like 2

DEFINITELY print out your luggage tags!!!!

Just returned from the Solistice and met 2 families who never received their luggage.

the porters put them on the wrong ship in Seattle , with hand written tags!

It is rare but it does happen, and these people had young children, not fun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GranysT said:

Yes. Elite have water delivered the cabin. 

should add DO NOT open the large bottles of water in your cabin.    They have a fee.   The free water comes in tins.  We opened a large bottle as there was no other water there. Got a bill. Customer Service removed the fee when we explained 

Welcome to Celebrity!

1- Your luggage tags may not be available yet, check about a week or two before the cruise and there is usually a link to print tags. You can also just show up and tell the porters your cabin number and they will tag them for you.

2- No free waters like on Royal and the drink allocation works differently. Celebrity has an Elite Happy hour at most bars from 5-7, drinks from a small menu are unlimited and you can grab a few waters while having a drink. Do this everyday to stock up on waters. There is no Elite (Diamond) Lounge on Celebrity ships.

3- Magnets work great on almost all cabin surfaces

4- Just print the Xpress Pass and you will be good to go.

Celebrity still delivers a paper copy of the daily activities sheet so you don't really have to use the app.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mom says said:

When was that started, please?

canned water has been available even if you have a Classic drink package.  Even before the all inclusive, in Aqua, always had water , but it was in plastic bottles. now cans. Sorry. Cant give you an exact date

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

to the cabin.   geesh. auto correct.  water in cans, not bottled

Just to clarify.  You are stating that if one is staying in an Aqua Class cabin, they will deliver two bottles of water in a can per day.  Has nothing to do with being Elite.

2 hours ago, mom says said:

But that is Aqua class. That has nothing, repeat NOTHING to do with having Elite loyalty status.

the OP said  Aqua class. That is what I responded to. post #21.     geesh

5 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

the OP said  Aqua class. That is what I responded to. post #21.     geesh

Are you on the same thread as everyone else? Where did the OP say she was in an Aqua cabin? She only said she had Elite status.  Your first reply (post13) said water was delivered to Elite cabins. That is patently false. Post 21 was also questioning your conflating Aqua class with Elite loyalty status.