No room service menus found on the TV on Crown Princess

CruzeQueen2

19 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Since the restart.  Long before June as some one else reported.  Started at least a year ago.  Have been on the newer ships with concierge lounge which is superior, but having a specific person to advocate for us has been great!

ETA:  looking back at cruise history, ad aearly as March 2022 on the Grand

Thanks 

Today I am unable to order direct from tv.  It takes me to an instructional video on how to order from the app.  I can no longer see my state room folio either.  It tells me to look at the app.  On the positive side, it only took 15 minutes to get a pizza delivered to my room after ordering from the app.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

On 8/5/2023 at 4:57 PM, Thrak said:

Holy Cow! I can't believe they actually brought out that large assortment of "extras" for you to choose from. That's quite excellent service for a lunch in MDR.

On one of our most recent cruises, I ordered Chicken Korma (again due to @PescadoAmarillo). I love it!!

The waiter brought the rice/chicken part without the extras. I had to ask for them. He was confused. So, I named a few of them and that's what he brought. Oh well, at least it was the add ons that I prefer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Today I am unable to order direct from tv.  It takes me to an instructional video on how to order from the app.  I can no longer see my state room folio either.  It tells me to look at the app.  On the positive side, it only took 15 minutes to get a pizza delivered to my room after ordering from the app.  

🤣  awww, there ya jinxed it.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

That’s impressive speed. Was it hot? Was it fresh?

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

I am om premier package, but it said complementary when I ordered.  It may change next cruise.  

I will be on Premier when I cruise. In theory, if casual dining is unlimited, including this would make sense. 

But it isn’t rare for a policy to not make sense. 

10 minutes ago, Scotmay said:

To those of you on the Crown today, how is the ship. I am about to book, but kept hearing of missing ports etc., because of loss of one engine!

21 days in june...not a hint of engine problems....overall ship is in good shape and service was good for me....i spent a LOT of time by the outrigger pool at the back of the ship which was rarely crowded and had great views and overall peace and quiet...never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to spend so much time on an alaska cruise sitting inside in bars etc rather than outside looking at the scenery...but good for me that they do as it means less hassle for those who prefer the outside....the overall scenery while cruising alaska can be really special....just sit and try and imagine what is a few miles or a few hundred miles on the other side of the mountains where there are no roads, no people, just nature....i love it.

• Like 4

On 8/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, CruzeQueen2 said:

I ordered room service as well, via the phone yesterday. It came quickly and was hot and fresh. Ordering on the phone will suffice for now. The TV menus may return as the new roll out proceeds.

Ordering on the phone works great when you know what you want and what is available.

If seeing what's available isn't possible (via the TV or a paper menu) then how does one know what the choices are?

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Well the bright spot is you’ve discovered my favorite lunch Chicken Korma!  I do hope they have you “all” the toppings and the spicy mango chutney. Thanks to @PescadoAmarillofor turning me on to this lunch in one of her blogs. I’ve attached pictures from my July 1, 2023 sailing on the Emerald. 

But seriously that is HUGE removing the room service menus and the ability to order off the tv. Think about the demographics of folks who don’t have a smart phone and the message Princess is sending them.  Wow just wow. 

I became pretty close to one of the gals who answered the room service line at the beginning when we first started sailing. She told me about passengers who have limited eyesight and can not use a phone and can only use the TV in a limited way ( all those pesky questions about toppings, sides, temp and so on make it challenging for them). She told me she didn’t mind and liked to help them but it did make it difficult to keep up with her job. And these sailings were a third to a half full. I can not imagine the challenges that crew is facing with Ocean now on full ships. 

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

I can tell you that was one of the best servings of Chicken Korma that I’ve ever had.  Those condiments and sauce were pure perfection!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Ordering on the phone works great when you know what you want and what is available.

If seeing what's available isn't possible (via the TV or a paper menu) then how does one know what the choices are?

@chamima The response to that question, when I asked them, was - the operator on the phone at RS will list the options and answer questions for the caller. Yes, they are prepared to list item options verbally. 

For previous Princess cruisers, we know what options there used to be. Basically, I knew what I wanted from memory, and the operators on the phone at RS are very helpful. Wow, right? 

For new cruisers to Princess, I guess they will ask about something and they will get  responses from the phone line. That's how it is...for now, on the Crown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@chamima The response to that question, when I asked them, was - the operator on the phone at RS will list the options and answer questions for the caller. Yes, they are prepared to list item options verbally. 

For previous Princess cruisers, we know what options there used to be. Basically, I knew what I wanted from memory, and the operators on the phone at RS are very helpful. Wow, right? 

For new cruisers to Princess, I guess they will ask about something and they will get  responses from the phone line. That's how it is...for now, on the Crown.

Thanks for the quick response.

This seems to me to be the most inefficient use of resources they could think of.

Considering how busy those operators are, especially at peak times, using them to list options that could be available in readable form (in at least three ways I can think of) is the most idiotic solution they could have come to.

I would imagine that ordering a simple pot of coffee when one wakes up will now take hours on hold while that poor operator reads all of the breakfast options to others who could have easily read a printed version before they placed the call. 😡

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, StevenUS said:

How long is temporary? I am hoping they get it back up by the 15th.

No idea sorry but you can use the app or call them.  

Have a great cruise, my next cruise is September 5th so will see how this rolls out.

1 minute ago, Sprocket said:

No idea sorry but you can use the app or call them.  

Have a great cruise, my next cruise is September 5th so will see how this rolls out.

True, either way, it is no big deal. Thanks. I am really looking forward to my first Princess cruise and my first time in Alaska.