NOVA Cabin Video

Lois R

Hi, one of the folks on the TA roll call posted this link about the Nova Cabins. Thought some of you might be interested🙂

Well, I thought it was the link to You Tube.....and don't really know how to fix it.........but it is on that roll call. 

3 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Thanks Lois. We are boarding on 8-21-23 and very excited to meet the new baby of the family!!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. It looks like that video only shows the "higher end suites" though.

Looks lovely but would love to see a Classic Veranda. (Unless I missed it).

Just now, Texas Tillie said:

This is just the computer generated graphics available on the Silversea website.

I was just trying to be helpful since she sails in about 2 weeks.......computer generated or not. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. It looks like that video only shows the "higher end suites" though.

Classic veranda was the first one. One can almost miss it.

Just now, Lois R said:

That youtube video is right off the Silversea website for the Nova.  Would love to see the real thing from someone on the short TA cruise prior to the August 14 cruise or from someone on the August 14 cruise.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Classic veranda was the first one. One can almost miss it.

OMG...you are right........I totally missed it LOL

The ship is just gorgeous.  I am trying to find an itinerary that works for us.  We are so heavily booked that it's hard to fit something in.  i think it will be competitive with Explora in terms of design.  The new ship designs are outdoing one another with a vengeance.

We have looked at an itinerary in the Nova that we would like but... our friends recently left an SS cruise with unbridled children, and they were not pleased.  I wonder if enough people complained that SS would take note and take action.... 

Edited by Camillus112
spelling

11 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

We have looked at an itinerary in the Nova that we would like but... our friends recently left an SS cruise with unbridled children, and they were not pleased.  I wonder if enough people complained that SS would take note and take action.... 

What exactly do you want Silversea to do?  Tell parents to leave their children at home?  Send parents to pre-cruise parenting classes?  Seriously? When travelling over the summer holiday periods or school vacation periods, from time to time, children will be on board and hopefully their parents will supervise them. I agree that Silversea is a poor choice for families with few activities for kids, but Silversea is not an ""Adult Only" line, and should not be criticized for having a few children onboard.  

We have done so many Silversea cruises over the past 25 years, on all of their ships, and only occasionally were youngsters onboard and generally those children were part of multi-generational families travelling together and were a pleasure to be around.  As another poster mentioned, having children onboard can happen on any (luxury) cruise line - and, at times, I would rather deal with the kids than some very needy adults.

Edited by LAL Cruiser
  • Like 1

Yes, you are much more likely to encounter an irritating unbridled convention or charter group than children, and SS isn't going to stop allowing them on board, either.  Fortunately, both problems are rare and just go with the territory.