Princess - will the one time $14.99 medallion fee eliminate room service charge

Moxiefurball

I have read the boards, called Princess yet it is still unclear based on the multitude of answers whether paying the one-time $14.99 medallion charge for service anywhere on ship really does also include  service to your room AKA the formerly free “ room service”..  as long As you use the app ordering the room service.  

also unclear whether the “ formerly free “ to everyone breakfast ordered through that card placed outside door  is still free.

So does anyone really have the answer to this?

Edited by Moxiefurball
Add question mark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

I have read the boards, called Princess yet it is still unclear based on the multitude of answers whether paying the one-time $14.99 medallion charge for service anywhere on ship really does also include  service to your room AKA the formerly free “ room service”..  as long As you use the app ordering the room service.  

also unclear whether the “ formerly free “ to everyone breakfast ordered through that card placed outside door  is still free.

See princess.com FAQ’s #4 and #5. Scroll down to FAQ in this link.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Moxiefurball said:

That link that @t&atravel gave is the exact answer for you.

I was searching and it’s hard to find. lol 

So, I agree with what you

stated.  If you initiate the one time

fee Ocean Now $14.99, then you can order RS FROM the App with no extra fee.  NOT from the cabin phone.  

Still free is the hang tag for continental breakfast you put on your door the night before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although they have it stated in the FAQ that there is a one-time $15 fee for the Ocean Now and a $5 fee in stateroom by phone, I would not be surprised to get on ship, order from the app to be delivered to my room and find there is an additional $5 fee. Other places they mention the $5 room service fee leaving it a bit ambiguous until implemented. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lady Anna & Sir Troy said:

Although they have it stated in the FAQ that there is a one-time $15 fee for the Ocean Now and a $5 fee in stateroom by phone, I would not be surprised to get on ship, order from the app to be delivered to my room and find there is an additional $5 fee. Other places they mention the $5 room service fee leaving it a bit ambiguous until implemented. 

Not true.

• Like 2

The last time we were in a suite and used room service was prior to the app. Since you can order off the main dining room menus(B L D ) for room service in a suite, the stateroom attendant would provide a copy of those menus and you called room service to order. So now if you don't have the package you would have to pay $5 per order if you call or use the app for $14.95 one time fee.. Is the app "smart enough" to know you are in a suite, can order off the full menus and provide those menus to place your order? 

On 8/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, PacnGoNow said:

fee Ocean Now $14.99, then you can order RS FROM the App with no extra fee.  NOT from the cabin phone.  

Still free is the hang tag for continental breakfast you put on your door the night before.

?

On 8/8/2023 at 6:07 AM, Lady Anna & Sir Troy said:

?

are people on-board  now finding this?

Edited by dog

On 8/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Where does it say no extra fee?

34 minutes ago, dog said:

Where does it say no extra fee?

It seems the wording is not as clear as it was.

HOWEVER, I found the webinar from VP Carmen Roig, July 27, 23 and she said, let me make this crystal clear, “If you are standard and you purchased Ocean Now $14.99, one time fee, you will not incur a RS $5 fee, If you order on the App. 

Listen for yourself…fast forward to about 27:50 on the video and you will hear her.

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=555336443308063

Now…did she make an error?  Have they changed that?  Are the ships implementing it?  
The next ships start on August 12th.

If it doesn’t come up for you just

do a search for Carmen Roig, VP Princess cruises and you should see it.  I did not have to sign in to view it.

IDK.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

It seems the wording is not as clear as it was.

HOWEVER, I found the webinar from VP Carmen Roig, July 27, 23 and she said, let me make this crystal clear, “If you are standard and you purchased Ocean Now $14.99, one time fee, you will not incur a RS $5 fee, If you order on the App. 

Listen for yourself…fast forward to about 27:50 on the video and you will hear her.

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=555336443308063

Now…did she make an error?  Have they changed that?  Are the ships implementing it?  
The next ships start on August 12th.

If it doesn’t come up for you just

do a search for Carmen Roig, VP Princess cruises and you should see it.  I did not have to sign in to view it.

IDK.

Thanks- that is exactly what I saw on the Princess site, very early on. It was mentioning the standard fare- and now seems to be replaced by mention of room service- using app , you will charge a fee.

knew you would come through. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks- that is exactly what I saw on the Princess site, very early on. It was mentioning the standard fare- and now seems to be replaced by mention of room service- using app , you will charge a fee.

NP.  Now…we could play the video of their VP when we are charged? 😉

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Hey, @dog…look what I found!

Wording on July 31st, screenshot this 8/1/23.  So, the Sapphire guests who sailed Aug 2…onwards should show this FAQ from the Princess website.

I knew we weren’t going crazy! 😳

Hmmmm

image.thumb.jpeg.56c29902470fe7a324aed0743689b0b4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Hey, @dog…look what I found!

Wording on July 31st, screenshot this 8/1/23.  So, the Sapphire guests who sailed Aug 2…onwards should show this FAQ from the Princess website.

I knew we weren’t going crazy! 😳

Hmmmm

image.thumb.jpeg.56c29902470fe7a324aed0743689b0b4.jpeg

This is it!

copying to take in September.

I just want to mention some possible reasons why there is now a charge for room service:

- It’s now an industry standard and Princess still has better pricing on it than throughout the rest of said industry 

- people have been bragging about calling about getting anything you want delivered even if it’s not on the menu (just saying’, that has to be extremely hard on the staff and a lot of extra work as that item may not be in the room service pantry so the staff has to run around the ship to get that special item from the buffet)

- the app was developed, especially after the CoVid restart, to include anything to be delivered to one’s cabin, but that was during low capacity sailings so still doable. Now the ships are filled to the max, I cannot even imagine the challenges.  I understand that kids were ordering one soda at a time either by phone or via the app over Christmas break.  By the time they order got to the room, another one would order something else.  But, I don’t think it is just kids that do that.  
- the beverage package items, including specialty coffees are now included for delivery via the app.  Now, we all know people are not supposed to share those packages but I understand that many do, especially when delivered to your cabin.  

I’m sure there are a dozen more examples I could give you where the passengers have brought some of this on themselves.  The fact is, everything is more expensive no matter where you go.  
I said it and stand by it!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just want to mention some possible reasons why there is now a charge for room service:

- It’s now an industry standard and Princess still has better pricing on it than throughout the rest of said industry 

- people have been bragging about calling about getting anything you want delivered even if it’s not on the menu (just saying’, that has to be extremely hard on the staff and a lot of extra work as that item may not be in the room service pantry so the staff has to run around the ship to get that special item from the buffet)

- the app was developed, especially after the CoVid restart, to include anything to be delivered to one’s cabin, but that was during low capacity sailings so still doable. Now the ships are filled to the max, I cannot even imagine the challenges.  I understand that kids were ordering one soda at a time either by phone or via the app over Christmas break.  By the time they order got to the room, another one would order something else.  But, I don’t think it is just kids that do that.  
- the beverage package items, including specialty coffees are now included for delivery via the app.  Now, we all know people are not supposed to share those packages but I understand that many do, especially when delivered to your cabin.  

I’m sure there are a dozen more examples I could give you where the passengers have brought some of this on themselves.  The fact is, everything is more expensive no matter where you go.  
I said it and stand by it!  

And I have to agree with you on your possible reasoning.

However, don’t say you are being crystal clear and transparent and keep changing the wording on the website and the webinars.  This verbiage was only 2 weeks ago on the website.

Just make the changes, be up front with the fees so we know what to expect on our next cruise.

I think most of us would appreciate a clear statement online of what standard guests can expect.  I thought we had it, until now.

image.thumb.png.853cde45ee42091b764866e37cd2742a.png

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

And I have to agree with you on your possible reasoning.

However, don’t say you are being crystal clear and transparent and keep changing the wording on the website and the webinars.  This verbiage was only 2 weeks ago on the website.

Just make the changes, be up front with the fees so we know what to expect on our next cruise.

I think most of us would appreciate a clear statement online of what standard guests can expect.  I thought we had it, until now.

image.thumb.png.853cde45ee42091b764866e37cd2742a.png

I completely agree with you on that point!  

• Like 1