Shareholder Benefits with Back to Back cruise

mikjr

In over 20 years of cruising, our upcoming cruise will be our FIRST Back to Back:  7 day coastal with 7 Mexican Riviera.   I have a question regarding Shareholder benefits.  

Since it's TWO separate BOOKING numbers, I assume I will need two separate forms?   Also, will the benefits be given as two 7-day at $100??  or will they combine the benefits to 14 days at $250.00???

Thanks! 

• Like 1

With two separate booking numbers you will get $100 OBC for each cruise segment.

When you send in your request to Princess for the shareholder benefit, you can include both cruises.

You don't need a form anymore. Just your name, booking number, ship name and sailing date along with proof of share ownership.

If you are Elite, you will get a bar set up for each cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikjr said:

In over 20 years of cruising, our upcoming cruise will be our FIRST Back to Back:  7 day coastal with 7 Mexican Riviera.   I have a question regarding Shareholder benefits.  

Since it's TWO separate BOOKING numbers, I assume I will need two separate forms?   Also, will the benefits be given as two 7-day at $100??  or will they combine the benefits to 14 days at $250.00???

Thanks! 

It will be per booking, $100 each cruise.  
Just list each booking number, etc on one email.  They will credit each booking … keep an eye out for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikjr said:

Thanks! 

If you’re in the US: Here’s the info.

image.thumb.png.062959126248099be8f59bf3d80afeca.png

Here is what I send by email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com:

(Of course you need to attach a (redacted) copy of your brokerage report.)

I am requesting the shareholder’s Benefit.  I have purchased the required 100 shares of CCL and offer up the following supporting information as noted on the Shareholder Benefit webpage.

100 shares purchased (see attached brokerage report)

Name:                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Booking Number:       XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ship:                          XXXXXX Princess

Sail Date:                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name

Address 

City, ST zip

Phone (Home)

Phone (Cell)

• Like 1

We got both segments of shareholder benefits, but they wouldn’t restock the mini-bar.   Seems each ship makes up their own rules…good luck trying to get it elevated…we just got rather indignant responses from ship staff and made to feel like we didn’t know what we were talking about…what happens and what is supposed to happen doesn’t necessarily mesh when you actually get on the ship.   They have so many new people making decisions that aren’t familiar with rules or policy, so be prepared for anything.  Who knows, maybe you’ll get double mini-bar restocking both times!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

We got both segments of shareholder benefits, but they wouldn’t restock the mini-bar.   Seems each ship makes up their own rules…good luck trying to get it elevated…we just got rather indignant responses from ship staff and made to feel like we didn’t know what we were talking about…what happens and what is supposed to happen doesn’t necessarily mesh when you actually get on the ship.   They have so many new people making decisions that aren’t familiar with rules or policy, so be prepared for anything.  Who knows, maybe you’ll get double mini-bar restocking both times!

You were robbed. I hate dealing with new people who don't know what they are talking about. You said, "good luck trying to get it elevated" but I guarantee you I would have gotten it elevated by being a huge nuisance (if necessary) at customer service. Any passenger is entitled to speak with the manager of the department.  Actually, before being a "huge nuisance" I would try the regular channels for speaking with a manager. A calm approach often works better. I have asked to speak with a manager before and, by being calm and rational, was able to correct my issues.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

Maybe that's a good reason to hold off on giving the Cabin Steward an additional TIP for the first half...  NO mini bar 2nd half, SMALLER TIP!!  

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

On a least one brand (Carnival), they will often give $100 the first week and $150 for the second week as if you were on a 14 day cruise. I might try to see if Princess will go for it.

Fortunately Carnival has done it for us on our 7 day B2B's on the Mardi Gras and our two future B2B's on the Celebration.  When we did a B2B on the Discovery in 2022 and the Majestic this year, we got $100.00 for each leg.

10 hours ago, mikjr said:

Maybe that's a good reason to hold off on giving the Cabin Steward an additional TIP for the first half...  NO mini bar 2nd half, SMALLER TIP!!  

Don't follow your reasoning on holding back on tipping room steward on 2nd half.  As far as I know, the room steward makes no decision on who gets the mini bar on any cruise B2B or single cruise.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mikjr said:

10 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Don't follow your reasoning on holding back on tipping room steward on 2nd half.  As far as I know, the room steward makes no decision on who gets the mini bar on any cruise B2B or single cruise.

Agree with @coo359a2 here. It generally isn't even the room steward who puts delivers the mini bar. Typically it's someone from Room Service going down the hall with a cart full of mini bar setups on trays covered in plastic wrap. They have a list of cabins to deliver the setups to so it's not even the fault of the delivery person!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The decision by room service to refuse to supply the second btb cruise mini-bar has only occurred to us once.  It was easily rectified by us speaking with the Captain Circle/Loyalty person after being told by room service this wasn't a benefit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

The decision by room service to refuse to supply the second btb cruise mini-bar has only occurred to us once.  It was easily rectified by us speaking with the Captain Circle/Loyalty person after being told by room service this wasn't a benefit.

All our room stewards have never discussed with us what is or isn't an elite benefit and what we can't have.  Things like no more gold mesh bags with toiletries, they have said they no longer have those items. Now that the Captain Circle function is handled by the Future Cruise Dept,, just hope they study up on the Captain Circle program area  and know all about the questions they will get during a cruise.

20 hours ago, mikjr said:

Thanks! 

There is no form needed. Just send one email with the required information for both bookings https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

very true, it is room service that sets up the bar....  

1 hour ago, mikjr said:

very true, it is room service that sets up the bar....  

will check that out when we are on the Grand Princess in Sept.  Since becoming Elite years ago, we always call Room Service to change out items on our mini bar.  Room Service personnel delivers the original mini bar ( all plastic wrapped) on embarkation day and someone from Room Service comes back to  bring the items we are changing.  Just got off the Sky Princess for a B2B2B and mini bar delivered  and then changed out by Room Service workers on each segment..  Will check out how  Ruby Princess does this  in March.  

28 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

will check that out when we are on the Grand Princess in Sept.  Since becoming Elite years ago, we always call Room Service to change out items on our mini bar.  Room Service personnel delivers the original mini bar ( all plastic wrapped) on embarkation day and someone from Room Service comes back to  bring the items we are changing.  Just got off the Sky Princess for a B2B2B and mini bar delivered  and then changed out by Room Service workers on each segment..  Will check out how  Ruby Princess does this  in March.  

We were on Ruby for a B2B2B2B in April/May and received minibar setups at the beginning of each cruise.  Have fun!

18 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

I always bring paperwork showing any benefits we're entitled to. Rarely needed, but I've got if we do need it.

We booked our one and only suite last year. Our steward was one of the worst we've ever had. I had to show him the list of things a suite is supposed to get and we still were missing about 1/3. I would have complained, but it was a short cruise and didn't have the energy to fuss.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:29 PM, BlerkOne said:

On a least one brand (Carnival), they will often give $100 the first week and $150 for the second week as if you were on a 14 day cruise. I might try to see if Princess will go for it.

This was my experience with a 6nt/8nt b2b on Carnival as well. I received $100 for the first leg and $150 for the second.