Oceania Mailings-Stopped?

D. B.

I was getting slick offers from O for the last Year that sometimes came as often as twice a week.

As of the new Simply MORE program they have stopped.

Anyone else have the same experience?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I was getting slick offers from O for the last Year that sometimes came as often as twice a week.

As of the new Simply MORE program they have stopped.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Yes. I mentioned this on another thread.

• Like 1

Yes we have noticed minimal mailings in the past months. Another change is our Oceania Cruise Vacations Official Documents folder (with luggage tags) for our upcoming cruise has been streamlined to only one document inside (no shore excursions document) and sent by regular mail. Previously it was always sent by FedEx which was the case on last year's cruise.  These are areas they appear to be cutting back on (to save $) and really don't miss the old Blue Book format nor the frequent mailings.  

• Like 1

I am brand new to Oceania but I got a Simply More and Summer Sale brochure yesterday.  And today I got a fedex package with the cruise documents inside.  No shore excursions were listed in the booklet that we picked nor were they separate.  But it is a very nice folder to hold our documents and luggage tags.  

• Like 1

Still getting Viking mailers! 🙄

My guess is Oceania is saving up for a few big mailers. First, the release of cruises for the new Allura. Second, a mailer for the 2026 ATW along with some Grand Voyages. Finally, the release of the remaining 2025 and early 26 cruises.

As far as mailings for current releases , Why? Many are completely sold out , or have been out there already for a long time with multiple sales. Why spend more money you don’t have? Wait til you can give them something new! 🥂

• Like 2

Just now, LHT28 said:

Paper shortage ???  😄

People have complained for years about the mailings  & now complain you are not getting them 🙄

Not really sure people are complaining, rather than just making an observation that the mailings have significantly decreased. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What I Miss is the one's with special offers like 4 category Upgrades and/or Free or discount upgrade to Premium Economy flights. That gets my attention.

Those are probably long gone with Simply More.

58 minutes ago, D. B. said:

What I Miss is the one's with special offers like 4 category Upgrades and/or Free or discount upgrade to Premium Economy flights. That gets my attention.

Those are probably long gone with Simply More.

I have been getting a couple of offers every week. I was not getting them for a long time then they started up.I was getting a mailing every other day and now they have dropped off to a couple a week.  I don't know what is in the glossy mailers as they go straight to the trash bin in our mailroom. Mailers from any cruise line are wasted on me. I think Oceania's demographic likes glossy mailers. When I am ready to book I go online to Oceanias website. I think what is probably happening is they use an algorithm. If you have not booked in a while they send a spurt of mailings. 

35 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have been getting a couple of offers every week. I was not getting them for a long time then they started up.I was getting a mailing every other day and now they have dropped off to a couple a week.  I don't know what is in the glossy mailers as they go straight to the trash bin in our mailroom. Mailers from any cruise line are wasted on me. I think Oceania's demographic likes glossy mailers. When I am ready to book I go online to Oceanias website. I think what is probably happening is they use an algorithm. If you have not booked in a while they send a spurt of mailings. 

These are All good replies! 

When they start offering strong incentives again, we will book another O cruise.

Just got the "2024 Collectors" in the mail and it went straight into the recycle bin.  What an absolute waste of time and trees! Everything is viewable online... shame on O for their excessive mailings!

• Haha 1

Logged into our Oceania account a few months back and requested they reduce the number of mailings. They did, but maybe was done for everyone.

Viking and Silversea have more than made up for the reduced mail. Crazy how much slick, expensive garbage these companies send out. Must work or they would not keep mailing it.

• Haha 1

yes,  mailings off.  I got a mailing just after a cruise in June. It had a coupon discount if booked a future cruise within 45 days of disembarking.  Next day, got a sale brochure for past guests.  We booked a cruise for spring 2024.  Since then, we haven’t received anything from O.  That was a month ago. Wondering if O is using the strange Viking marketing approach. Book a Viking cruise and your mailings will go way down. You will not see promos.  It’s a ridiculous marketing strategy.  It assumes incorrectly that you book one cruise, take it, and afterwards book another cruise.  Many people, like me, have multiple future bookings.  

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I am still getting brochures, including one touting Simply More. I wish I could stop the mailings. Poor trees. 

Do you have a TA?

Ask them to intervene  for you

• Thanks 1