Oceania Vista Wifi 2 logins in cabin

Lorna Doone

3 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Can you only use the one device you "register" or can you register more than one device, as long as you only use one at a time. Per person.

I have forgotten how you login  exactly

I think it was by cabin number & a password  so when you try to login in on another device you use the same  login & password

If the other device  is still logged in  you will not be able to sign in  on another device

Someone with more recent experience  might  confirm or explain it  better

13 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Can you only use the one device you "register" or can you register more than one device, as long as you only use one at a time. Per person.

You can register as many as you want and then switch. It's pretty easy actually.

1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

If it's not clear yet let's try this. It's by account, not device. You can log in on your laptop, then if you want to use your phone you log in on it. It will ask if you want to log out the other device. Then you can log in on your ipad if you desire, but once it again it will ask you if you want to log out the other device. 

So, starting Oct 1 you get two accts, to use on as many devices as you want to, but only logged in to each acct one device at a time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I have forgotten how you login  exactly

I think it was by cabin number & a password  so when you try to login in on another device you use the same  login & password

If the other device  is still logged in  you will not be able to sign in  on another device

Someone with more recent experience  might  confirm or explain it  better

Oceania has confirmed to my TA that effective Oct. 1 every cabin will get two log ins, regardless of the fare they paid. So I converted 3 upcoming cruises to Simply More from “cruise only” thinking that it was an advantage in order to get two wi if logins. It is not. So, I recalculated without that advantage and my conversion to Simply More is about an even proposition for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

If it's not clear yet let's try this. It's by account, not device. You can log in on your laptop, then if you want to use your phone you log in on it. It will ask if you want to log out the other device. Then you can log in on your ipad if you desire, but once it again it will ask you if you want to log out the other device. 

So, starting Oct 1 you get two accts, to use on as many devices as you want to, but only logged in to each acct one device at a time. 

I thought that was the case; however, someone earlier posted that when you sign up you register a device for each account. No reason to be snarky. First time on Oceania. We are is a large suite that always had 2 devices/accounts/whatever. Thank you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I thought that was the case; however, someone earlier posted that when you sign up you register a device for each account. No reason to be snarky. First time on Oceania. We are is a large suite that always had 2 devices/accounts/whatever. Thank you

I don't think ORV was being snarky. O makes it confusing by using the word "device". He was just clarifying for the new question-asker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I don't think ORV was being snarky. O makes it confusing by using the word "device". He was just clarifying for the new question-asker.

Exactly, I’m like what? People seeing snark where none is intended. Just trying to make it simpler. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

It was the "If it's not clear, let's try this". Texts are difficult to determine intent. If ORV was just trying to be helpful, I stand corrected. It sounded patronizing to me, as if I did not understand. The response was what I thought, until I earlier read someone say that you register a device. I was concerned that we would have to register each device, one at a time. We are both working, and will need to use computers, as well as phones, tablets, kindles.

1 minute ago, Snaefell3 said:

Got a better word for laptop/tablet/cellphone than "device"?  😉

The access has nothing to do with the number of devices that are used. There are two logon name-password combos that can be used on 500 devices. You could even use one device and logon twice using different browsers. Devices mean nothing.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Oceania has confirmed to my TA that effective Oct. 1 every cabin will get two log ins, regardless of the fare they paid. So I converted 3 upcoming cruises to Simply More from “cruise only” thinking that it was an advantage in order to get two wi if logins. It is not. So, I recalculated without that advantage and my conversion to Simply More is about an even proposition for us. 

@edgee: we did the same on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise, after concluding it was about even for us WITH BOTH the extra WiFi login and the included wine and beer. Once it became pretty clear that we will get the 2nd login anyway, it was no longer an even deal for us. Our TA was able to get it switched back to OLife. 

Tom & Judy

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The access has nothing to do with the number of devices that are used. There are two logon name-password combos that can be used on 500 devices. You could even use one device and logon twice using different browsers. Devices mean nothing.

Thank you. The earlier response which confused me said that you register a device for each account.

Just now, TFree said:

@edgee: we did the same on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise, after concluding it was about even for us WITH BOTH the extra WiFi login and the included wine and beer. Once it became pretty clear that we will get the 2nd login anyway, it was no longer an even deal for us. Our TA was able to get it switched back to OLife. 

Tom & Judy

Yes, I saw that in an earlier post. See you on board!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

A top suite  gets 2 logins  no matter  if you had O life  or SM  or Cruise only

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

🤔  How would you prefer to phrase "one device at a time"?  Or "A [free] logon is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom".  (Check post #2 for where I got O's phrasing.)

28 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

🤔  How would you prefer to phrase "one device at a time"?  Or "A [free] logon is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom".  (Check post #2 for where I got O's phrasing.)

I would prefer they get rid of that sentence altogether as it states nothing useful and confuses people. Let's see O-communicatin plus O-IT equals confusion; yep, makes sense now.

Oct will be here soon enough  & then we will know 

"As of October 1, 2023, two free logins will be provided per suite or stateroom, each of which can be used on one device at a time. A login is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom."

My interpretation  is  that each cabin gets 2  separates logins

each login in can be used  on 1 device at a time

Time will tell if right or not

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Oct will be here soon enough  & then we will know 

"As of October 1, 2023, two free logins will be provided per suite or stateroom, each of which can be used on one device at a time. A login is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom."

My interpretation  is  that each cabin gets 2  separates logins

each login in can be used  on 1 device at a time

Time will tell if right or not

So, my DH can be on his iPad and I can be on my iPhone, at the exact same time, regardless if we are in a suite or cabin...we each have our own unique log-in.  We have yet to take our first cruise on Oceania, but it has been booked since March!

Edited by Lastdance
Trying to be as precise as possible!

1 minute ago, Lastdance said:

So, my DH can be on his iPad and I can be on my iPhone, at the exact same time!

possibly  It sounds that way

Only 53 days  & we will know  (maybe)  😄