What is "Casual Dining" on the Emerald Princess & Caribbean Princess?

Boiler Cruiser

My wife and I have 2 cruises coming up, one on the Emerald Princess and one on the Caribbean Princess.  We have opted for the Princess Premier Package, which has worked out very well for us in the past.

I can find little information on the Princess website about what "casual dining" venues are available on the Emerald Princess & Caribbean Princess ships.  I can find a listing for other ships, but not for these 2.

Can you tell me what "casual dining" venues are available on Emerald Princess and Caribbean Princess?

On the Caribbean there is planks and steamers in the back of the lido buffet one side is bbq and other seafood it was not open on my last cruise on her in April.  I'm thinking they will be opening now since I'm sure princess will have to provide some casual dining for the packages.  I've been on Emerald but don't remember what she has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

We were on theEmerald in March and unless they have brought something back the only casual dining would have been at the Salty Dog Gastropub which was not all that great

Emerald doesn't have Vines?

The Emerald currently has the Salty Dog Gastropub inside of the Wheelhouse Bar. I don't believe any other casual dining venues are currently operating on the two ships mentioned. Based on information from Princess I would expect to see Vines activated as a casual dining location on both ships and maybe a comeback of Planks & Steamers on the Caribbean and added to the Emerald. Guess we will wait and see.

"Emerald doesn't have Vines?" 

Deck 5 Piazza

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Emerald doesn't have Vines?

They had a Vines but no food was available unless you walked over to the IC.   I can’t believe they could actually put out a 3 course meal from that kitchen 

Edited by memoak

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

They had a Vines but no food was available unless you walked over to the IC.   I can’t believe they could actually put out a 3 course meal from that kitchen 

a '3 course menu' has been previously posted

crudites $3

Charcuterie Board $12

chocolate Truffles $3

or $14.99 package

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

a '3 course menu' has been previously posted

crudites $3

Charcuterie Board $12

chocolate Truffles $3

or $14.99 package

I think that is going to be a hard sell to anyone except those on a premier package 

I wish they would bring back the wonderful tapas they had on the Caribbean at Vines in 2019! Wishful thinking. I have seen a list of a few things Vines will have, I think some examples are posted above. In January, they'd bring us cheese and nuts at Vines. I do miss those pretty glass trays brought out each evening at Vines, you never knew what it was going to be and it was always pretty tasty. 

We are on the Caribbean in October. Hope to see some new things offered by then! 

Cutdown info below from the Casual Dining Fixed Price Menus thread

As mentioned above:

• Salty Dog Gastropub is located in the Wheelhouse Bar
  • Not all Vines venues have had the same food offerings and at the same times in the past so will be interesting to see if this is levelled out across the fleet with the dining changes.
  • Planks and Steamers are separate areas in the buffet but have not been operating since the pandemic - again, one to watch with the casual dining rollout.

Venue (with

menu for logged

in users)

A la carte
charges

$14.99 cover
charge includes

Ships

Salty Dog

Gastropub

Salty Dog.pdf

Plates $10
Desserts $5

2 x Plates
1 x Dessert

Crown Princess
Emerald Princess
Ruby Princess

Vines

Vines.pdf

Crudités $3
Charcuterie
Board $12
Chocolate
Truffles $3

1 x Crudités
1 x Charcuterie
Board
1 x Chocolate
Truffes

Caribbean Princess
Crown Princess
Emerald Princess
Grand Princess
Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Ruby Princess
Sapphire Princess
Sky Princess

Planks

Planks.pdf

Starters $5
Planks $12
Extra Meat $4
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Plank
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

Steamers

Steamers.pdf

Starters $5
Steamer $12
Seafood Platter $12
Add Lobster Tail
or Snow Crab $10
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Steamer or
Seafood Platter
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

Edited by dides

31 minutes ago, pantherlady said:

I'm currently on the Caribbean princess. Planks and steamers are not open. Service in main dining rooms has been spotty. Seems to be a lot of new staff, and not very organized. The bar staff however has been excellent.

have you seen Junela (sp) on board? - she may be a server in the bars - maybe Crooners or if CB has a Good Spirits, or other