Need help please. Hawaiian cruse “adjusted”

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk just asking but wondering if they cant just skip maui. Seems like they are skipping all of hawaii. There are not other hawaii ports they can do, like I know big island has hilo and kona.  ... seattle makes no sense to me.

Kona & Hilo would be a nice alternative. Another draw back to this cruise (for me) would be just Napali Coast (cruise by) at this point this isn't even a Hawaii cruise any longer.

If all else FAILS ( I would push back to resolutions as hard as I could) I would take the $100 pp change fee and change it.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Press the issue.  Write to the executive office if you have to.  Mbayley@rccl.com 

Before that I would call back and ask that it get escalated to resolutions. 

You’ve been around enough to know that the Execs never see the thousands messages sent to their external facing email addresses each week. Email sent to that email address get routed to an off shore customer service call center who can send back canned responses. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

just chatted with my travel agent who is Canadian. She has clients on the affected sailings to Hawaii. Royal wouldn't allow a change unless change fee paid. She escalated to resolutions and pulled a Karen on them. She had to hang up she was so mad. Then a miracle happened, Resolutions called her back, apologized for the inconvenience, and allowed her to move her clients to a different sailing, no change fee, price protected.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You’ve been around enough to know that the Execs never see the thousands messages sent to their external facing email addresses each week. Email sent to that email address get routed to an odd shore customer service call center who can send back canned responses. 

So sad((( I was hoping it might help.. May I ask you what would you? 
I’ve had 7 cruises before and never had that situation before(

2 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

just chatted with my travel agent who is Canadian. She has clients on the affected sailings to Hawaii. Royal wouldn't allow a change unless change fee paid. She escalated to resolutions and pulled a Karen on them. She had to hang up she was so mad. Then a miracle happened, Resolutions called her back, apologized for the inconvenience, and allowed her to move her clients to a different sailing, no change fee, price protected.

Thank you! I will try to call them on Monday! 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty sure it's after final payment. 

Ken , I guess your post, #2 in this thread mislead me . I thought they were giving the OP the option of changing cruises if he wanted but still wanted him to pay a change fee of $100 each and he just didn't feel it was right to have to pay the $100 per person to change cruises.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You’ve been around enough to know that the Execs never see the thousands messages sent to their external facing email addresses each week. Email sent to that email address get routed to an off shore customer service call center who can send back canned responses. 

Lol. You dont have a freaking clue.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Price protecting is amazing they are doing that for you..............thought they just might move the funds to the new cruise and make you pay the  current prices.

@tkalina1111, I realize you are new to CC so may not know about Roll Calls.

There is one, not too active, for this sailing that is commenting and trying to find resolutions to the itinerary change. Here is the link.

If no satisfactory resolution can be made for you all maybe try making a silk purse out of a pigs ear and all band together for fun excursions in Victoria and Seattle. 

Cheers, h.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

@tkalina1111, I realize you are new to CC so may not know about Roll Calls.

There is one, not too active, for this sailing that is commenting and trying to find resolutions to the itinerary change. Here is the link.

If no satisfactory resolution can be made for you all maybe try making a silk purse out of a pigs ear and all band together for fun excursions in Victoria and Seattle. 

Cheers, h.

Thank you very much for your help!

Looks like they resolved the issue, cancel for a full refund.

From Royal:

I understand there’s some disappointment with the recent itinerary modification forOvation of the Seas October 6th, 2023 sailing, due to the wildfires in Maui. 

This beautiful destination has been completely destroyed with some reports saying it won’t reopen to cruising until sometime in 2026.

As a brand, we had three sailings visiting Lahaina, and our teams worked quickly and diligently to secure alternative ports for each, knowing that other cruise lines were doing the same. We've looked closely at other Hawaiian ports, but due to its size, Ovation only had 2 other options in Hawaii, which were not available for many reasons - including the port being already occupied and even the Ironman triathlon blocking ocean access. We tried everything – so we opted for another Canadian and US port.

We’re sorry for the dissatisfaction created – and hope you understand the magnitude of this catastrophe. 

Nonetheless, we know this isn’t how you planned your cruise to go. So, we’re providing the option to cancel your cruise with no penalties. This refund will be processed within 7 business days of your cancellation, please note some international institutions may take a little longer.

If you booked directly with us, feel free to reach back out to us at (800) 529-6918 to go over your cruise plans. If you booked through a Travel Agency, please contact them directly as they will need to coordinate any changes to your reservation. 

Sincerely, 

Jess Fernandez | Lead, Guest Experience

Executive Escalations & Sales Resolution/Escalated Support

jessfernandez@rccl.com

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just received this response from RCL.  We have 7 days to cancel our cruise with no penalty.

“ Hi Donnie,

I understand there’s some disappointment with the recent itinerary modification forOvation of the Seas October 6th, 2023 sailing, due to the wildfires in Maui. 

This beautiful destination has been completely destroyed with some reports saying it won’t reopen to cruising until sometime in 2026.

As a brand, we had three sailings visiting Lahaina, and our teams worked quickly and diligently to secure alternative ports for each, knowing that other cruise lines were doing the same. We've looked closely at other Hawaiian ports, but due to its size, Ovation only had 2 other options in Hawaii, which were not available for many reasons - including the port being already occupied and even the Ironman triathlon blocking ocean access. We tried everything – so we opted for another Canadian and US port.

We’re sorry for the dissatisfaction created – and hope you understand the magnitude of this catastrophe. 

Nonetheless, we know this isn’t how you planned your cruise to go. So, we’re providing the option to cancel your cruise with no penalties. This refund will be processed within 7 business days of your cancellation, please note some international institutions may take a little longer.

If you booked directly with us, feel free to reach back out to us at (800) 529-6918 to go over your cruise plans. If you booked through a Travel Agency, please contact them directly as they will need to coordinate any changes to your reservation. 

Sincerely, 

Jess Fernandez | Lead, Guest Experience

Executive Escalations & Sales Resolution/Escalated Support

jessfernandez@rccl.com

Well, this should be good news for the OP

• Like 2

Just now, Rusty_lock said:

Well, this should be good news for the OP

Yup, but bad news for Royal though, they are really going to have to lower the prices now to fill that ship going from Vancouver to Honolulu(9 Nights) October 6th

Prices for  the next sailing from Honolulu  to Sydney are really low too, an (18 night sailing). October 15th

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

It doesn’t need to fulfill PVSA, the cruise leaves from Vancouver.

I realize that. I just meant that it’s inclusion in most itineraries (Alaska) is just to fulfill PVSA. Not this particular sailing. There is very little demand for Victoria and Seattle outside of Alaskan cruises. 

• Like 1

This was the right thing for Royal to do. For us, a cruise to Hawaii should be that and we’d be so disappointed.  Of course I completely understand why and my heart goes out to the people of Maui.  But it’s not longer a Hawaiian cruise and people should have the option of cancelling.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Back in 2018 there was a ( Caribbean ) cruise , I believe out of Boston , and due to a hurricane moving up the coast they changed it to a Canada/New England itinerary . There were people who flew out of Halifax to Boston to board a ship that then turned around and stopped at Halifax as one of their ports   (  along with other ports that are near and similar to Halifax )  Within days of this I left on an 11 night Caribbean out of New Jersey , ( flying out of Halifax ) . I was terrified I was gonna suffer the same fate .

OP.... I feel your frustration , and the people who claim  you are griping and groaning when you should be thinking about the poor souls in Lahaina , are just looking for something/someone to B!tc# at because they have nothing better to do . Destruction , Poverty , and Hardship is present everywhere we all cruise every day . Your vacation $'s should get you what you paid for ... or at least something similar 

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ken , I guess your post, #2 in this thread mislead me . I thought they were giving the OP the option of changing cruises if he wanted but still wanted him to pay a change fee of $100 each and he just didn't feel it was right to have to pay the $100 per person to change cruises.

To be honest on that first post I had missed the fact that it was after final.

Saw your post with Royals revised offer.  Glad to see they did the right thing.  Now I am wondering with all of the potential cancellations whether there will be excess inventory available like their was in the spring where I got the chance to go at a very cheap rate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Kona & Hilo would be a nice alternative. Another draw back to this cruise (for me) would be just Napali Coast (cruise by) at this point this isn't even a Hawaii cruise any longer.

If all else FAILS ( I would push back to resolutions as hard as I could) I would take the $100 pp change fee and change it.

This cruise is beyond final payment date, so it’s 75 percent penalty, not $100 per person change fee. 

They have backed off and are now letting people cancel. No help with flights or hotels though. We are still going. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. Skipping most of Hawaii. NCL took 2 days of Maui out and added an overnight in Hilo and Kona and 3 days in Kauai (ship sails out of Honolulu). 7 night cruise. 7 days in Hawaiian ports.

A “Hawaiian Cruise” that does not go to the Big Island is not a Hawaiian Cruise. 

Seems like NCL still cares about its customers. Then again NCL's CEO is not Jason Liberty..

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

NCL sails that itinerary 52 weeks a year and has port berths secured.  Did you read the reasons in post #61

Was replying to an earlier post and didn't see that one yet. I also see the refund option now.  At least they are offering a refund. Assuming travel insurance may cover cost of flights or other travel arrangements that may have been paid for.  I do think RCI should have offered a refund off the bat and not offered it as a result of (probably) hundreds of complaints to the executive office.  I also think they should give people the option to transfer the reservation to a different sailing at the same category cabin they had like they do with oversold ships.  I don't know how much this sailing was going for, but booking now with current prices will probably cost OP and other much more.

11 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Was replying to an earlier post and didn't see that one yet. I also see the refund option now.  At least they are offering a refund. Assuming travel insurance may cover cost of flights or other travel arrangements that may have been paid for.  I do think RCI should have offered a refund off the bat and not offered it as a result of (probably) hundreds of complaints to the executive office.  I also think they should give people the option to transfer the reservation to a different sailing at the same category cabin they had like they do with oversold ships.  I don't know how much this sailing was going for, but booking now with current prices will probably cost OP and other much more.

I agree that it would have been a smart move to offer this right away.  Unfortunately as far as transferring to another booking there really isn't any other itinerary that is comparable so hard to price protect other than possibly the same sailing for 2024 but who knows what that itinerary will be like

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I 100% agree Ken. We’ve done two Hawaii cruises on Royal in the past, and I’ve wanted to book another Hawaiian TA for the past couple of years, but Royal doesn’t stop at Kauai at all now and even the Hawaii ports are just ok….except for Lahaina. Now, there’s no way I’ll book another cruise to Hawaii in the near future. Royal should be ashamed to make this change without any compensation. I’m sorry but Seattle or Vancouver are nothing like Hawaii. Shame on Royal.

Well, we are booked on Brilliance for Hawaii in September and we are stopping at Kauai and that was the planned itinerary before the situation with Maui unfolded.  

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I emailed Michael Bailey previously regarding my Symphony cruise several years ago.  I received a call either 1 or 2 days later and my issue was resolved in my favor. 

• Like 3