found ring on Navigator OTS

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

OP good on you for taking initiative to try and find the rightful owner.  I wish the person who has my Chanel j12 watch that I accidentally left in the safe would have done the same.  I would also follow up with the ship's lost and found department when they open to let them know that you have the ring just in case the owner makes an inquiry with them.  Good luck!

I have actually met a couple of people and read posts of others on different sites who believe "finders keepers".  It sucks that people are that selfish, but not surprising.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You might try to the Roll Call thread and/or social media for that sailing.

Thank you! Another person suggested that and I posted to several of the Navigator roll calls. I also posted on fb on the main NOTS 

group, on the RC page, and on our sailing page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Again, my 7 year old daughter helped pack everything in the stateroom. She has no idea what jewelry I packed so she would have no idea what was mine or not. When I unpacked today (they day after we got home) I saw it mixed it with various necklaces, earrings, etc. 

I've noticed most people on these boards tend to reply without any idea of WHAT they are replying to. As reading the original post is too difficult for most. Or perhaps it's just comprehending WHAT they read🤦‍♀️. I hope you are able to track down the owner of the ring. I'd be so sick if I lost mine.

• Like 3

Long shots work every once in a while. Dear Mom was on a Florida beach, took a thin silver chain with small stone off before entering the water, and placed it in her shoe.

Next day or so, was at lunch, thought she had a pebble in her shoe, so took it off and dumped it out under the table without looking. 

She put two and two together when she was back home, wondering where that piece of jewelry was. She called the restaurant, low and behold they had it and forwarded it to her.  

• Like 5

18 hours ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Again, my 7 year old daughter helped pack everything in the stateroom. She has no idea what jewelry I packed so she would have no idea what was mine or not. When I unpacked today (they day after we got home) I saw it mixed it with various necklaces, earrings, etc. 

STOP defending yourself, these nay sayers are idiots.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

I've noticed most people on these boards tend to reply without any idea of WHAT they are replying to. As reading the original post is too difficult for most. Or perhaps it's just comprehending WHAT they read🤦‍♀️. I hope you are able to track down the owner of the ring. I'd be so sick if I lost mine.

I think people comprehend fine, they just find it incredulous that a 7 year old was left responsible for packing the expensive jewelry and valuables in the safe. Most 7 year olds wouldn't be able to even see inside the safe without the assistance of stool or small ladder.

• Thanks 2

worldtraveler212,

The ideal would have been to let RCL handle it - they have the contact info of who was last in that room.  We understand you didn't discover this until you left the ship.  And we know you want to see the owner get the ring back.  But this is not the most efficient way of doing it.  There was no reason not to trust RCL employees.  Its a long trip from Virginia back to Florida.  And who knows where the owner lives.

We were on Symphony 2-3 years ago.  A couple in their early twenties were showing off their newly found ladies bracelet.  The guy said he found it while snorkeling near the shore.  He proudly gave it to his young lady friend.  She was beaming with excitement.  And all I could think of was the distraught former-owner.

1 hour ago, Rusty_lock said:

I think people comprehend fine, they just find it incredulous that a 7 year old was left responsible for packing the expensive jewelry and valuables in the safe. Most 7 year olds wouldn't be able to even see inside the safe without the assistance of stool or small ladder.

Get it but I only take costume jewelry on the ship and the only expensive thing is my wedding rings. My daughter also put her precious earrings that she bought from Target the safe. ...oh and our passports she put in my purse. She is also 4'5" so plenty tall to handle putting things into and locking the safe on her own. She is also a responsible kid but it wasn't like I didn't double check after she was done with her 'chores' to ensure it wasn't empty. We raise our kids to be responsible and caring humans. If others are doing something else then that is their call. 🤷‍♀️

So I am actually just going to stop responding to unhelpful comments like someone else suggested because going around in circles is doing nothing but making me angry. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MD_Dan said:

worldtraveler212,

The ideal would have been to let RCL handle it - they have the contact info of who was last in that room.  We understand you didn't discover this until you left the ship.  And we know you want to see the owner get the ring back.  But this is not the most efficient way of doing it.  There was no reason not to trust RCL employees.  Its a long trip from Virginia back to Florida.  And who knows where the owner lives.

We were on Symphony 2-3 years ago.  A couple in their early twenties were showing off their newly found ladies bracelet.  The guy said he found it while snorkeling near the shore.  He proudly gave it to his young lady friend.  She was beaming with excitement.  And all I could think of was the distraught former-owner.

Never said I didn't trust RC employees. I said that I was currently unable to contact anyone because that particular office was closed so I posted this message on social media forums in the interim. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MD_Dan said:

There was no reason not to trust RCL employees. 

Agree that RCI would have record of who was in the room prior to the OP but I think I missed the part where the OP said she didn't trust RCI and therefore didn't want them to handle the situation.  I thought I read that the appropriate department for handling a post cruise lost/found report was closed and therefore, OP took to social media to get a head start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Get it but I only take costume jewelry on the ship and the only expensive thing is my wedding rings. My daughter also put her precious earrings that she bought from Target the safe. ...oh and our passports she put in my purse. She is also 4'5" so plenty tall to handle putting things into and locking the safe on her own. She is also a responsible kid but it wasn't like I didn't double check after she was done with her 'chores' to ensure it wasn't empty. We raise our kids to be responsible and caring humans. If others are doing something else then that is their call. 🤷‍♀️

So I am actually just going to stop responding to unhelpful comments like someone else suggested because going around in circles is doing nothing but making me angry. 

1 hour ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Never said I didn't trust RC employees. I said that I was currently unable to contact anyone because that particular office was closed so I posted this message on social media forums in the interim. 

That didn't last long.

23 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I read it. But who doesn’t know what was in the safe or what they packed?  

You just won’t let it go, will you?  Geesh!  To the OP, good on you for trying to find the rightful owner.  Hopefully the ring makes it back home.  If it was my ring, I’d be forever grateful.

• Like 4

Not surprised someone left something important in the safe.  Many years ago we were cleaning out the safe the last night. Since the safe had a lip on the edge and not a complete view I ran my hand around the safe and found a Canadian passport.  Took it down to guest services. It was in the late 1980s so the person might have been able to travel without it.  No one had come looking for it in the week we had the cabin.

As you can see from Royal’S FAQ pages (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/lost-forgot-item-onboard),  Royal uses a company called Chargerback to re-unite people with lost items.  So, the owner of the ring likely has contacted Chargerback by now.  If your social media campaign has not been successful, you may want to contact Chargerback as well.

https://www.chargerback.com/contact.asp?topic=Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see how the age of the person "packing" make a difference.  How about this scenario...

Wife: "Honey, would you get my stuff out of the safe?"

Husband: "Sure" <cleans out safe, grabs EVERYTHING in the safe>

Couple gets home

Wife: "Honey, where'd this ring come from?"

Husband: "It was in the safe, I thought it was yours."

Now, my wife only wears her wedding ring and engagement ring.  But I know other women who wear a lot more than that.  I don't think this is an unrealistic scenario.  

Yes, the proper thing to do IF the ring was noticed before they left port would be to leave the ring with Royal.  But that didn't happen.  I think OP is doing the right thing, and can hopefully contact Royal today.

• Like 8

This would never happen if people would carry their jewelry in a pouch or travel box.  I would never just throw a ring into the safe, my little pouch rolls up and has several compartments with zippers and fits nicely in the safe.....my Momma taught me, a place for everything and everything in it's place.

flame suit.jpg

15 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Now, my wife only wears her wedding ring and engagement ring.

I never take those on a cruise.  I purchased a cheap and I do meant cheap fake ring from Shein online, it's gorgeous and has fooled even the Jeweler onboard at first glance and it was under $10.  I take a lot of other jewelry mostly gemstones such as Topaz and lots of bangles etc.  If it happened to be lost I wouldn't care much.  Don't even wear a watch anymore, the only thing I'd hate to lose is my phone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Thank you ❤️ Honestly part of me wants to delete the posts because of the trolling but the other half is holding on that the owner might see it. 

The owner won't see it....you've done all you can do and you are perfectly correct and justified under the circumstances...put on your flame suit.

• Like 2