Move Up - Does Edge Villa have access to Blu?

CapiCapi

Hi everyone!

I am going on a cruise with my family, 4 cabins.

We all booked Aqua Class (planning to dine at Blu).

I want to place a bid on the move up program for the Edge Villa. Will I have access to Blu restaurant, or will I lose access to it? From what I read, Edge Villa doesn’t include the option to dine in Blu based on availability, but it does include Complimentary Specialty Dining. I wonder if Blu could be consider as Specialty Dining.

My objective is to upgrade to Edge Villa and continue to dine at Blu with the rest of my family, would it be possible?

Thanks for your help!

5 hours ago, CapiCapi said:

Hi everyone!

I want to place a bid on the move up program for the Edge Villa. Will I have access to Blu restaurant, or will I lose access to it? From what I read, Edge Villa doesn’t include the option to dine in Blu based on availability, but it does include Complimentary Specialty Dining. I wonder if Blu could be consider as Specialty Dining.

My objective is to upgrade to Edge Villa and continue to dine at Blu with the rest of my family, would it be possible?

Thanks for your help!

Blu is limited to Aqua.

Blu is not considered a specialty dining venue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody in Retreat Class can dine in Blu, space permitting and space is always permitting if you are flexible. Suites can eat in 3 places, Aqua can eat in 2 and the rest of us in the MDRs

Edited by darren42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We always travel in Suites and have eaten in Blu on a number of occasions.     Access is on a space available basis but never been turned down, but given a suggestion of best time which varies by cruise.     I always approach it as a request not a demand. 

We are late diners so most of the time Blu is usually only about 1/2 filled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an aside...many Retreat/suite guests now prefer  BLU to Luminae   We did

Perhaps Celebrity should acknowledge this and re think Luminae menu choices..add some of the favs from BLU. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For our second cruise on Celebrity (on the Summit this fall) we were lucky enough to get upgraded from Aqua to Aqua Sky Suite so we're looking forward to comparing the two. We were in an Edge Villa on our first Celebrity cruise on the Apex and that was an outstanding experience. With unlimited specialty dining (including our faves Eden and Le Grand Bistro) we never got around to eating dinner at either Luminae or Blu.

OP good luck on getting an Edge Villa!

Edited by karmamule
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, karmamule said:

For our second cruise on Celebrity (on the Summit this fall) we were lucky enough to get upgraded from Aqua to Aqua Sky Suite so we're looking forward to comparing the two. We were in an Edge Villa on our first Celebrity cruise on the Apex and that was an outstanding experience. With unlimited specialty dining (including our faves Eden and Le Grand Bistro) we never got around to eating dinner at either Luminae or Blu.

OP good luck on getting an Edge Villa!

Don't forget you also get unlimited Gelato included.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hcat said:

As an aside...many Retreat/suite guests now prefer  BLU to Luminae   We did

Perhaps Celebrity should acknowledge this and re think Luminae menu choices..add some of the favs from BLU. 

We were In Aqua on silhouette in June as suites were sold out. We way preferred Blu to Luminae.

Tbh we’d have booked Aqua for our upcoming cruises if it wasn’t for the IVs & saved ourselves some £££. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CapiCapi said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your help!

Blu is not a specialty restaurant.  If you want to be guaranteed to dine in Blu with family, then stay in Aqua Class.  If you are with a larger group, the options for seating are limited  in Blu which could complicate things for you.  

• Thanks 1

On Celebrity's website these are the options for Edge Villa dining:

World-class cuisine

• Choose from Luminae at The Retreat, the main restaurant, specialty restaurants, or in your suite
  • Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants.
  • Preferred seating in specialty restaurants

They mention the main restaurant, but not Blu.  I recently searched the dining options for Sky suites (S1 and Sunset) and they no longer offer dining in Blu as an option.  Only the Aqua Sky suite offered it on a 'space available' basis.  I believe some changes have been made recently because as of tomorrow Sky suites will not longer have a dedicated Butler.

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t think that is correct

I am pretty sure it is if you are sailing in an Edge Villa.  

Otherwise, we get all the gelato we want by ordering it for dessert in Luminae. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t think that is correct

Every time I've been in an Upper Suite I've never been charged fro Gelato.    If your experience was different would love to know which ship.

• Like 1