Aqua Suite amenities on Solstice

FengShui@Sea

I am contemplating upgrading our Sunset suite to an Aqua suite for a 26 night B2B sailing on the Solstice.  For one leg the cost of upgrade is very reasonable ($200 for 17 nights).  However on the nine night leg of the B2B the cost to upgrade is $800.  We aren't spa users, and usually enjoy the Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grill.  Are there any other advantages to forking our almost $60 a day to be in an Aqua suite?

Thank you both for your comments.  I did a search and found out a few things that have changed since we were last in a Sky suite.  In a Sky suite we used to be able to dine in Blu for breakfast and/or dinner (space permitting).  Apparently this is no longer the case.  Unless we are in an Aqua suite if we don't want to have the Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grill our only other option would be main dining room or buffet.  We normally would not do dinner in Blu (which was previously a Sky suite option) but that option now no longer exists.  

Here are some of the other 'perks' that don't appeal to us but do justify the additional cost:

• Spa concierge, in-room fitness classes
  • Unlimited access to the Persian Garden
  • Complimentary fitness classes
  • Spa Credit
  • Dedicated Spa Concierge: Personal Consultation
  • Priority Spa Reservations*
  • Exclusive spa treatment package discounts*
  • 2 Bottled waters in room - daily
  • 2 Yoga mats
  • In-room fitness amenities
  • Eco-friendly natural ingredients shower amenities
  • Option to dine in Blu based on availability
  • Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) Featuring clean cuisine from Blu
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge

Edited by FengShui@Sea

4 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Thank you both for your comments.  I did a search and found out a few things that have changed since we were last in a Sky suite.  In a Sky suite we used to be able to dine in Blu for breakfast and/or dinner (space permitting).  Apparently this is no longer the case.  Unless we are in an Aqua suite if we don't want to have the Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grill our only other option would be main dining room or buffet.  We normally would not do dinner in Blu (which was previously a Sky suite option) but that option now no longer exists.  

Here are some of the other 'perks' that don't appeal to us but do justify the additional cost:

• Spa concierge, in-room fitness classes
  • Unlimited access to the Persian Garden
  • Complimentary fitness classes
  • Spa Credit
  • Dedicated Spa Concierge: Personal Consultation
  • Priority Spa Reservations*
  • Exclusive spa treatment package discounts*
  • 2 Bottled waters in room - daily
  • 2 Yoga mats
  • In-room fitness amenities
  • Eco-friendly natural ingredients shower amenities
  • Option to dine in Blu based on availability
  • Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) Featuring clean cuisine from Blu
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge

I'm confused.  I thought the Sunset Suite is what used to be the S1s, and dining in Blu was always subject to availability.  And why is breakfast in Luminae not an option?  (Maybe I'm missing something here).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I'm confused.  I thought the Sunset Suite is what used to be the S1s, and dining in Blu was always subject to availability.  And why is breakfast in Luminae not an option?  (Maybe I'm missing something here).

Dining in Blu is no longer an option for S1 or Sunset suites.  You need to be in an Aqua suite.  Luminae is only open for lunch on sea days and dinner.  

11 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Dining in Blu is no longer an option for S1 or Sunset suites.  You need to be in an Aqua suite.  Luminae is only open for lunch on sea days and dinner.  

I was able to eat there in April.  Is that new? And since when is Luminae not open for breakfast every day?  Thanks.

Edited by abbydancer

2 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Luminae is open for breakfast every day…Remember in a suite you still have the option of room service too.

• Like 2

The sunset suite on "S" class ships are much nicer than the Aqua Suites.    The Aqua Suites are just a marketing gimmick to glean more $$ from some of the better location S2 suites by adding amenities with little to no value.      I'm with others here, stick with the Sunset Sky Suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luminae is breakfast and dinner  every day, with lunch on sea days.  All suites have access to Blu space available. I would not want space taken up in my suite with mats and other gym stuff.  Sunset suite has great views. Stay where you are!

We are going to be sailing in an Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium next May and I am going to try getting a table in Blu for a couple of nights.  There are usually one or two nights a cruise where we would normally eat in a specialty restaurant because Lumina'e offerings on those nights are not to our liking. 

1 minute ago, soapbxking said:

im thinking unless its an obstructed view, the views are kinda the same hahaha 🙂

Not really.  The Sunset Suite's are all the way aft and have a side and wake view.  We prefer the aft corner suites on the S-Class, which are now the Sunset Suites. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not really.  The Sunset Suite's are all the way aft and have a side and wake view.  We prefer the aft corner suites on the S-Class, which are now the Sunset Suites. 

haha, ok, so I was being funny and sarcastic.  I meant basically that we can all see the gorgeous ocean 🙂  But yes I have had 2 aft cabins and LOVED them.  except for that walk to the elevator  🙂

1 hour ago, soapbxking said:

haha, ok, so I was being funny and sarcastic.  I meant basically that we can all see the gorgeous ocean 🙂  But yes I have had 2 aft cabins and LOVED them.  except for that walk to the elevator  🙂

The walk to the elevator is the best part.  We enjoy looking at door decorations and getting a glimpse of other cabins when the door is opened for cleaning.  Besides, that's about the only exercise I get. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are going to be sailing in an Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium next May and I am going to try getting a table in Blu for a couple of nights.  There are usually one or two nights a cruise where we would normally eat in a specialty restaurant because Lumina'e offerings on those nights are not to our liking. 

On the M class, you might be able to order from the Blu menu in Luminae.  On the Summit our fantastic wait team gave us the Blu and MDR mens every night.

22 hours ago, abbydancer said:

On the M class, you might be able to order from the Blu menu in Luminae.  On the Summit our fantastic wait team gave us the Blu and MDR mens every night.

I have read of others doing this successfully on M & S class slips. When we sailed on Millennium last April / May the Maitre'd for Luminae told me that ordering from the Blu menu was not available.  He did say if there was something specific from Blu I wanted to give him advanced notice and he would try to acquire it for me.  

My plan for the upcoming cruise is to check the menu for both restaurants a day in advance and then request dining in Blu if we find that menu more to our liking, otherwise we'll dine in Luminae. 

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My plan for the upcoming cruise is to check the menu for both restaurants a day in advance and then request dining in Blu if we find that menu more to our liking, otherwise we'll dine in Luminae.

Good plan.   I suspect that you may find you will be offered to order off the Blu menu in that case.  They don't seem to like you not eating in the assigned dining as it reflects poorly on them.  (maybe it complicates tip distribution as well).  There are many stories about the Matre'd chasing down people and grilling them on why they aren't eating in Luminae.

now that suites have Luminae..the BLU option should be very limited..

X should just improve Luminae or offer a few Rotating Best of BLU choices in Luminae, .along with the always available!

On 8/14/2023 at 6:34 AM, soapbxking said:

im thinking unless its an obstructed view, the views are kinda the same hahaha 🙂

Aqua Sky suites have a large overhang from the OVC. If your looking for Captains Club points. Sunset Sky Suite gives 12 like RS and CS. Sky Suites gives 8. Those old sky suites now Aqua are my favorite on S class ship. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure-V8.pdf

14 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Aqua Sky suites have a large overhang from the OVC. If your looking for Captains Club points. Sunset Sky Suite gives 12 like RS and CS. Sky Suites gives 8. Those old sky suites now Aqua are my favorite on S class ship. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure-V8.pdf

I think all Sky Suites give 8 - I have a 13 day in a Sunset Sky Suite, and it's 104 points (13x8).

22 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I think all Sky Suites give 8 - I have a 13 day in a Sunset Sky Suite, and it's 104 points (13x8).

Yes all sky suites are been 8. I'm confusing Sky Sunset Suites and Sunset Suite now Horizon Suite. My bad.