Diamond lounge and drinks

jvz

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We love the Diamond lounge. Relaxing area, plus the coffee and snacks really hit the spot.

The coffee machine has always been one of my favorite perks. If the snacks are good, they can wind up being part of my dinner, lol.

• Like 1

Since we are fairly new Diamond members, we enjoy the more laid-back atmosphere of the Diamond Club, and since so many here seem to think it is sort of passe, better for those who enjoy going. It is so much easier to meet new friends in a relaxing environment.

Cheers

Len

• Like 3

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We love the Diamond lounge. Relaxing area, plus the coffee and snacks really hit the spot.

Same here , we usually have a drink and some predinner snacks in the DL lounge before a show then late dinner . We've met some lovely people, (which I agree you can at any bar ).

• Like 1

Annoying when people generalize and use finite terms, speaking for "EVERYBODY"?  I never heard anything like that in the DL.   We've made lifelong friends there who never hogged chairs and never bragged about anything.  Looks like we are in good company Doghog

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

When it's working! 🤔

The few breakdowns we've experienced occurred when people (including non-Ds who were brought in by Ds) didn't bother to consider the operating instructions. Pushed all the buttons, pounded on the poor machine.  Ignored the "cleaning in progress; please wait" message.  Broke the door a few times, too, by not letting it do its job properly.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, OCSC Mike said:

but the coffee machine every morning is the bigger draw for me these days.

Does this coffee machine make special coffee drinks like lattes? Or is it just another way to get your regular coffee in the morning without waiting in line?

2 minutes ago, Den7Cruiser said:

Does this coffee machine make special coffee drinks like lattes? Or is it just another way to get your regular coffee in the morning without waiting in line?

NVM, just finished the thread and see that you can get espresso shots/cappuccinos too. That's cool!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Den7Cruiser said:

Yes to Lattes, cappuccinos and espresso. My usual is 1 push of the espresso button, then a second push of the espresso button and the a third push for a cappuccino.  Hate to hold up the line but not uncommon for people to double or triple the button push.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes to Lattes, cappuccinos and espresso. My usual is 1 push of the espresso button, then a second push of the espresso button and the a third push for a cappuccino.  Hate to hold up the line but not uncommon for people to double or triple the button push.

Yep.  Me too.  1 serving of cap and then 1 serving of espresso.  If you don’t add [at least 1] an extra espresso you end up with a cup of warm milk.  Ick.

• 2 weeks later...