When you open the app, it mentions RCG, RCI and SilverSea, is this new?

NutsAboutGolf

It's a 'loading screen' it depends on how quick the app loads. I just force closed my iPhone app and reloaded it was quick so it may not load every time or may be really quick.

At my work we sell this as advertising space and for our app it doesn't load every time

23 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

It's a 'loading screen' it depends on how quick the app loads. I just force closed my iPhone app and reloaded it was quick so it may not load every time or may be really quick.

At my work we sell this as advertising space and for our app it doesn't load every time

My message was informational.  I used to work in IT. I've updated the app and restarted my phone.  I still don't see this screen.  I'm on app version 1.43.1 on iPhone iOS 16.6.

Edited by zitsky

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My message was informational.  I used to work in IT. I've updated the app and restarted my phone.  I still don't see this screen.  I'm on app version 1.43.1 on iPhone iOS 16.6.

lol you speak my language, you know how hard I have it at work when people are like 'this isn't working' and I need like ad calls, OS, app version to try and troubleshoot things 😅

My app updated today and it's 1.44.0, OS is the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

lol you speak my language, you know how hard I have it at work when people are like 'this isn't working' and I need like ad calls, OS, app version to try and troubleshoot things 😅

My app updated today and it's 1.44.0, OS is the same

Maybe it’s the new intelligence test?  😂

I got it now.

App store only showed OPEN not UPDATE.  But when I clicked on the listing for X app then it showed update.  Now I get the logos.

It’s nice to be cruising on RCG.  I didn’t think I was going to enjoy X anyway.

Edited by zitsky

I've just updated the X app and have noticed that in the Dining section for my cruise in 2024, the room service menu for suites has disappeared.  Hopefully they're updating the options, as the previous selections were pretty ordinary.

35 minutes ago, madat said:

I've just updated the X app and have noticed that in the Dining section for my cruise in 2024, the room service menu for suites has disappeared.  Hopefully they're updating the options, as the previous selections were pretty ordinary.

For a Jan 2025 sailing on Millenium there is only one choice for Room service which says MENU UNAVAILABLE.  Ask your server???  I hope they fix this as we ordered several times the last time we were in an SS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Like it or not, RCG is being loud and proud with its branding on X…Not sure if it’s new as I’ve never noticed this before 

IMG_9538.thumb.png.33661490950c9f9b6bfe755edaf1100f.png

I recently finshed a cruise and received the usual survey.  One of the questions was a listing of many cruise brands and it asked which ones I associated with Celebrity.  From that I surmise that RCI feels it needs to increase brand awareness and cross brand marketing.

46 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

I recently finshed a cruise and received the usual survey.  One of the questions was a listing of many cruise brands and it asked which ones I associated with Celebrity.  From that I surmise that RCI feels it needs to increase brand awareness and cross brand marketing.

👍 there’s a push to transition upwards through the ranks to Silversea. Without some substantial changes to the product (sound familiar?) it’s a difficult sell, even for frequent upper suite Celebrity customers. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

For a Jan 2025 sailing on Millenium there is only one choice for Room service which says MENU UNAVAILABLE.  Ask your server???  I hope they fix this as we ordered several times the last time we were in an SS.

The app is basically useless for menus until just before sailing.  Who knows if there will be room service or at what price in 2025.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbcallender said:

They've always asked this since I started on X in 2019 although perhaps the options are now different.  It also asks how many total cruises you've been on with the highest option being "5+"

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

👍 there’s a push to transition upwards through the ranks to Silversea. Without some substantial changes to the product (sound familiar?) it’s a difficult sell, even for frequent upper suite Celebrity customers. 

I looked at the Siversea ships.. the new ones are very nice design wise but  the product is just not for us! 

Is Azamara now out of the group?

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I looked at the Siversea ships.. the new ones are very nice design wise but  the product is just not for us! 

Is Azamara now out of the group?

I believe it was sold to a private equity group?  We have friends that like it.  They were complaining, err I mean explaining recently that they prefer Azamara over Celebrity.  Azamara is supposed to be better.  YMMV.

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

May be that you don't have the latest version.    I have iPhone IOS 16.6 and updated -  current version as of 10 minutes ago is 1.44.0    

It flashes on the bottom of the first page so quickly I can't even get a screen shot of it.   It then shifts to the regular screen.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

May be that you don't have the latest version.    I have iPhone IOS 16.6 and updated -  current version as of 10 minutes ago is 1.44.0    

It flashes on the bottom of the first page so quickly I can't even get a screen shot of it.   It then shifts to the regular screen.

Hi Jim.  I explained earlier how I fixed it.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I believe it was sold to a private equity group?  We have friends that like it.  They were complaining, err I mean explaining recently that they prefer Azamara over Celebrity.  Azamara is supposed to be better.  YMMV.

RCI/Celebrity were smart to unload Az when they did. All of Az’s ships are old and small and it probably didn’t make sense (or$?) to prop up the brand.

Silversea is a better choice for RCI to be part of.

We tried an Az cruise last April and loved the itinerary but would never sail on Az again.