NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

20 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Nothing comparable on E-Class.  Far less passenger accessible fridges in the lounge.  It would take a long time to get anything comparable since staff would have to go to the back, if they're allowed to once someone has a drink or two already.  And, pre staff cutbacks, the retreat staff could rarely keep up with the demand from guests seeking to lounge.  So, anyone looking to grab and go will just add to the log jam.  

Yes, correct the Edge Retreat Area only has a few small fridges stocked with water and soft drinks. All Alcoholic beverages are brought from the back where the afternoon snacks are served in the retreat lounge on the edge. The Apex and Beyond have a full bar set up in the retreat area.

We are boarding the Edge tomorrow for a week and will post how everything works out. 

Edited by sixpackeddie
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Although tips will go to the "Retreat team" according to the website, it seems to me that it will now be awkward not to tip the random team member who delivers our room service breakfast or coffee/snacks in the afternoon even though this service is a perk of the Sky Suite.  We would always tip our dedicated butler and room steward extra at the end of the cruise but will the random room service delivery people expect an additional tip each time we get something delivered?

Next time I sail a Sky Suite I would still tip extra at the end of the cruise if warranted.  I would just give an envelope to the Retreat Concierge labeled Retreat Team.  This would include the 2 butlers and Retreat staff in the Lounge too.  So they made it simple really.   I also tip the Retreat concierge if he/she has been helpful to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

While we have never cruised in a SS, we did cruise in a CS on the Eclipse in 2018, and mini-bar was included. And it was included in our RS on the Equinox in 2019. And it was included for those we met both times in SS accommodations. I think the answer is that “no mini-bar included” may have previously been an unenforced rule. But to our observation it was included in all suite classes as a matter of practice.  Maybe back then, the butlers were “managing” it for us. And maybe that is why the elimination of butlers and included mini bars happened at the same time?

We have cruised a number of times in a CS and the minibar was never included as it is for upper level suites like RS and PH.  But our butler left beer and soda (whatever our choices were).  Same as Sky suites.

A number here are jumping to conclusions that this "extra" will not happen with the Butler duo.  We should wait for real onboard experiences to be posted on this.  Especially if people ask but no longer receive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Yes, correct the Edge Retreat Area only has a few small fridges stocked with water and soft drinks. All Alcoholic beverages are brought from the back where the afternoon snacks are served in the retreat lounge on the edge. The Apex and Beyond have a full bar set up in the retreat area.

We are boarding the Edge tomorrow for a week and will post how everything works out. 

I am fine with being able to get bottled water from the Lounge 7-11 style fridges, I refuse to pay the $5.50 for a bottle of Evain in my SS. We can take our retreat tote bag and fill up every couple of days as needed. Someone who is on the Apex now reported on another site that when she asked her room attendant to remove all of the for-cost items from her mini fridge, he told her that he was not allowed to do that. She then called the retreat lounge host team butler and he then showed up and removed all of the items. We will be on the Apex in 3 weeks and intend to do the same.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We have cruised a number of times in a CS and the minibar was never included as it is for upper level suites like RS and PH.  But our butler left beer and soda (whatever our choices were).  Same as Sky suites.

A number here are jumping to conclusions that this "extra" will not happen with the Butler duo.  We should wait for real onboard experiences to be posted on this.  Especially if people ask but no longer receive.

We were in a CS last year and were surprised that our butler told us that as we had a premium drinks package & that within reason she could supply things for our mini fridge.

We asked for bottled water, coke for dh and tonic water for myself. I asked for a kettle and fresh milk every couple of days so I could make my own tea in the mornings.

Previously in PS I’ve asked for the same with an ask for coffee and pastries to be delivered in the morning. 

Edit:- I find it a little cheeky to expect SS to pay for water bottles when the SS costs so many more £££  than an Aqua cabin, thousands in some cases.

It leaves a nasty taste imo and will say that in a survey if asked.

I will not say anything to the staff as they are implementing head office policy. 

Edited by wineoclock
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wineoclock said:

We were in a CS last year and were surprised that our butler told us that as we had a premium drinks package & that within reason she could supply things for our mini fridge.

We asked for bottled water, coke for dh and tonic water for myself. I asked for a kettle and fresh milk every couple of days so I could make my own tea in the mornings.

Previously in PS I’ve asked for the same with an ask for coffee and pastries to be delivered in the morning. 

Yes but did you ask for hard spirits?  They always would draw the line there.  We always got the soda, beer and water.  Not wine except for the one free bottle first day of the cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes but did you ask for hard spirits?  They always would draw the line there.  We always got the soda, beer and water.  Not wine except for the one free bottle first day of the cruise.

When I wanted a drink with spirits in my cabin, I would call my butler and have it delivered to my SS,

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

No we just asked for soft drinks as I didn’t want to appear rude. I knew spirits were for RS & above and wouldn’t want to embarrass her by asking.

She also offered us beer but neither of us really drink it. Had she offered us wine we probably would have had a bottle.

We took 2 bottles with us on our last cruise and came back with one as I’m not really one for drinking in the cabin a lot. A glass at sail away is fine for me. 

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When I wanted a drink with spirits in my cabin, I would call my butler and have it delivered to my SS,

Yes agreed.  But that is different than getting spirts out of the minibar at no charge.

21 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

No we just asked for soft drinks as I didn’t want to appear rude. I knew spirits were for RS & above and wouldn’t want to embarrass her by asking.

She also offered us beer but neither of us really drink it. Had she offered us wine we probably would have had a bottle.

We took 2 bottles with us on our last cruise and came back with one as I’m not really one for drinking in the cabin a lot. A glass at sail away is fine for me. 

I think if you remember to use your "please" and "thank yous", I don't see any problem with asking.  The worst that they can say is "no".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes agreed.  But that is different than getting spirts out of the minibar at no charge.

The only time I have used the tiny little bottles of spirts is when I am flying. Even though our past butlers have said those bottles they left in our cabin was included in our PDK, we never opened one for a drink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We can take our retreat tote bag and fill up every couple of days as needed. 

Don't forget to bring a collapsible dolly to carry the retreat tote bag filled with drinks.

OR

Just bring your suitcase to the retreat lounge to fill up.

image.jpeg.b207d4d0fe698cd12333535759a0aa50.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Here I go, heading to the Retreat Lounge to stock up on water and maybe a beer or 2. Maybe they will even have a partially used bottle of wine available.

Woman with tote bag stock photo. Image of luxury, happy - 42268386

Is your bag big enough.  Ok now here's the problem.  If you and I get there first, will there be anything left in the lounge to take back to rooms?  With everyone now doing this can you just imagine the number of times they will be restocking the frig in the retreat lounge.  I'm laughing because this is going to be comical for sure.  Two of three folks will empty that frig and snack dish.   Oh boy what a mess they have created.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Is your bag big enough.  Ok now here's the problem.  If you and I get there first, will there be anything left in the lounge to take back to rooms?  With everyone now doing this can you just imagine the number of times they will be restocking the frig in the retreat lounge.  I'm laughing because this is going to be comical for sure.  Two of three folks will empty that frig and snack dish.   Oh boy what a mess they have created.

They can always turn the coolers into vending machines where you have to insert your sail pass to get charged $5 plus 20% tip for the privilege of using the vending machine. I see another profit center for Celebrity. Let me add this to the suggestion box, LOL

• Haha 3

The only times we have had items from the mini-bar when sailing in a SS or CS was when they had the old "Drinks & More" package you could purchase pre-cruise.  I use to get it and go through  the little bottles of Tito''s and bottles of diet Tonic that I would have our butler keep stocked in the mini-fridge.  We've never been charged for the beer and or water we have consumed from the mini-fridge area when sailing in a suite.  Our butler has also always found out what we consumed, e.g. Vitamin Zero Water for me, regular water for my DW, and made sure we were adequately stocked at all times.  I expect the Butler Team to make sure that happens on our next cruise as well. 

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The only times we have had items from the mini-bar when sailing in a SS or CS was when they had the old "Drinks & More" package you could purchase pre-cruise.  I use to get it and go through  the little bottles of Tito''s and bottles of diet Tonic that I would have our butler keep stocked in the mini-fridge.  We've never been charged for the beer and or water we have consumed from the mini-fridge area when sailing in a suite.  Our butler has also always found out what we consumed, e.g. Vitamin Zero Water for me, regular water for my DW, and made sure we were adequately stocked at all times.  I expect the Butler Team to make sure that happens on our next cruise as well. 

Prior to our 2021 Equinox cruise, I bought that Drinks and More package pre cruise but it was canceled before we sailed and refunded to my account. The first day we boarded was when our butler told us that the mini fridge drinks and premium bottled waters were now included with suites having the Premium drinks package and he specifically said this replaced the drinks and more package. I forgot all about that conversation until you mentioned the D&M package in your post. It had been that way on the 3 SS cruises after that one in 2021.

FWIW, I just responded to an email ad from Celebrity, and looked at the inclusions for all the Retreat accommodations from SS up to Edge Villa. All list the mini fridge contents as “May be subject to additional charge”. So clearly no longer included in the Retreat package, if it ever was officially.  But the use of the word “may” raises more questions than it answers. Does it mean that some of the fridge items are included and some at extra charge? If so, which items are which? Or does the word “may” mean something else? The only thing that’s clear is Retreat guests get one included bottle of water on embarkation day. WOW! We buy bottled water in packs at the grocery for 12 cents per bottle. A less than substantial perk for people who have paid $thousands for the trip. All I really know is on our past cruises in CS and RS, all beer, Diet Coke, and water in the mini fridge was included. I give up.

One important thing I didn’t see on the inclusion list was priority embarkation and disembarkation for Retreat guests. Maybe I missed it. I hope so, as that is a very important perk on large ships.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Prior to our 2021 Equinox cruise, I bought that Drinks and More package pre cruise but it was canceled before we sailed and refunded to my account. The first day we boarded was when our butler told us that the mini fridge drinks and premium bottled waters were now included with suites having the Premium drinks package and he specifically said this replaced the drinks and more package. I forgot all about that conversation until you mentioned the D&M package in your post. It had been that way on the 3 SS cruises after that one in 2021.

The last time we had the D&M was on the first leg of a Reflection B2B in December 2021.  The package was cancelled before we sailed and I was not able to get it for the second leg.  

Our butler, the same one from the first leg, made sure to point out that the liquor in the mini-bar was not included but everything else was okay.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

They can always turn the coolers into vending machines where you have to insert your sail pass to get charged $5 plus 20% tip for the privilege of using the vending machine. I see another profit center for Celebrity. Let me add this to the suggestion box, LOL

another way to ration supplies!

maybe they could add floral arrangements too!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The last time we had the D&M was on the first leg of a Reflection B2B in December 2021.  The package was cancelled before we sailed and I was not able to get it for the second leg.  

Our butler, the same one from the first leg, made sure to point out that the liquor in the mini-bar was not included but everything else was okay.  

deleted

This will be an unpopular opinion....  I expect to be 🔥.

There have been changes in the past, changes now, and will be more in the future.  Any change seems to elicit a strong response on CC whether deserved or not and really takes on a life. This thread is now 15 pages over a cookies charge (go across to Al Bacio (sp?), to the OV, or ask your butler team to make the long walk for you) and/or their mini-bar water and drinks being charged to them in their SUITE.  And actually visiting the Retreat Lounge for maxi water bottles so they can get them free.  If one has the where-with-all to afford these suites, why would those few extra $$s be worthy of so many complaints?  It's the cost of sailing now.  If you want these food and drink items FREE make it known to the cruise line en masse.  I'm sure they'd up the cost even more to oblige those few complaining and then all others sailing will pay more as well.    Forgive me for saying....this seems to me to be a very petty topic IMHO. 

• Like 1

I don't think the small liquor bottles have ever been included.  RS and above have the 2 large bottles of spirits included.   When we were in a RS a couple years ago we were informed the minibar would be stocked with water/soda/beer, frankly don't remember wine as we don't drink it.

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That has been our experience on all previous X cruises. Our butler would automatically bring our Champagne late afternoon as we were starting to get ready for the evening. Guess that won't be happening anymore in SS, unless we can make a standing order with the Retreat Manager (of host whatever they are called now).