No open bar on welcome back party

topaz123

Now that we have a glut of diamond/platinum members.....we noted the welcome back party only served cheap wine, beer and HI C with Rum. You do get a card that says you are entitled to one drink , one hour from any bar on ship...must not exceed $12.50....that's it.

IMG_4888.JPG

Imagine that, 20+ billion in the hole for being shut down against their will for 19 months, and we do not get an hour to shovel down as many free drinks as we can.  That stinks.🫠

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15

10 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

On xcel class ships the showroom is not set up for servers to walk around handing out drinks.  I don’t think it’s fleet wide as after we saw this on MG we went in other ships and had the traditional drinks during party. 

That's correct, only on the Mardi Gras and Celebration. On the other ships it's still a free for all! 😁

• Like 7

sure seems like carnival keeps making more and more cut backs I really think when they cut the food at the platinum party that was ok but now one glass of wine in a couple of months will stop all together I just dont think that shows much appreciation. for being a loyal customer 

13 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Degrade the party until people stop showing up for it, then cancel it due to lack of attendance/interest. This sounds vaguely familiar! 

Have so many qualify to attend it degrades the experience sounds vaguely familiar also.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Now that we have a glut of diamond/platinum members.....we noted the welcome back party only served cheap wine, beer and HI C with Rum. You do get a card that says you are entitled to one drink , one hour from any bar on ship...must not exceed $12.50....that's it.

IMG_4888.JPG

I think it says the value of the drink they will cover is $12.50.  You can get whatever you want, they will just charge for the difference.

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

IMG_4888.JPG

One hour before? Good luck with that! Sometimes it takes 20 minutes on a regular basis, then throw in the tsunami of people trying to get this one hour before drink. It's going to be a stampede 🤣

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Have so many qualify to attend it degrades the experience sounds vaguely familiar also.  

You are correct. It may be better and cheaper for Carnival to acknowledge the difficulty of this party and just in lieu of offer that $12.50 drink for any time during the cruise. Would be better for company and cruisers alike, with the exception of cheers/DOU people. These people already have no reason to go to the party now. 

1 hour ago, 64funwhisper said:

sure seems like carnival keeps making more and more cut backs I really think when they cut the food at the platinum party that was ok but now one glass of wine in a couple of months will stop all together I just dont think that shows much appreciation. for being a loyal customer 

No more treats at the party either.....nada....

I could do without the Plat/diamond party, they just aren’t the same anymore. Used to have games, ship trivia’s and the video included all the old ships for us old timers to cheer to, now they are all a blip. Let Carnival save the money, offer all the plats a free drink with $20 limit or so and let the diamonds have any 2 drinks up to $20 also, anytime during their cruise. They would avoid all the guests drinks that attend that aren’t this level VIFP, safe all the man hours and prep that goes into this party that just isn’t much fun or appreciated anymore. Or maybe a 50% off a specialty meal. 

• Like 6